TRT and HCG Protocol Changes and Outcomes

This is my first post so please go easy on me
I was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor late last year. I am 27, healthy (I workout regularly and eat a plant based diet and fish, no land animals), maintain the same discipline I had in the military with my workout routines, and don’t drink alcohol or smoke. I have been on 0.5ml IM testosterone cyp every 3.5 days as well as 0.25ml SQ HCG same interval. I will have more current labs done in the next 2 weeks but my current issue is a throbbing dull pain in my testiculs (primarily the left one) on and off daily. I was put on HCG to counter the testicular atrophy I was experiencing (and yes it helped) but I still have the constant ache. Also, I am always cold. I first thought it could be low BF% but even bundled up I get goosebumps. I am 6’, 175-180lbs, strong Athletic build (floating between 10-15% BF), utilizes intermittent fasting 18:6 ratio, eat right, religiously workout (5x5 Strong lifts currently, mixed with tactical rifle training), strong sex drive, no erection problems, great energy and mood, great focus, just an aching testical and I am always cold. Anyone else experience this? Thank you in advance.
Zak

I understand you’re on 0.5ml IM testosterone, but what’s the dosage? ml is the volume of testosterone and not the dosage, dosage is in mg. 0.5ml from 100mg vial is 50mg, 0.5 from 200mg vial is 100mg. You mention no use of arimidex to control excess estrogen, not many can handle TRT and HCG without an AI.

Whenever I changes dosages I become cold for a few weeks on and off, mostly my anches and feet. When I reach a stable state being cold happens no more.

It sounds like HCG isn’t working, what you describe sounds like my experience the first few months on TRT without HCG, burning pain would affect left and right testicle on and off switching sides every now and then.

You’re HCG dose is all wrong, what’s the dosage of HCG, not volume. Example 500 iu twice weekly.

Sensitivity to cold could point to a thyroid issue. Have you had your thyroid checked? I suggest you read KSMAN’s stickies in this forum (if you haven’t already). What is your source of iodine in your diet (e.g. iodized salt; kelp, multivitamin).

Thyroid function can be a mess if you have not been using iodized salt. And some selenium from Brazil nuts would be important too.

• Feeling cold easy
  • loss of energy and brain fog, compensation with adrenalin can create a mess
  • sparse outer eyebrows
  • general hair thinning.

With your diet runs the risk of:

• low cholesterol
  • lack of essential fatty acids
  • B vitamin deficiencies
  • low Vit-D
  • multiple amino acid deficiencies
  • some mineral deficiencies

Prolactin secreting adinoma? Treatment?

All labs in list format with ranges please.

Low-T and low thyroid function create real problems with training like yours where adrenal fatigue goes through different stages of of progression. Adrenalin has replaced low energy levels from the other problems. Your energy levels are tied to your thyroid fT3 levels and that is the only active thyroid hormone.

You need to eval your overall thyroid function via oral body temperatures - see below and there is two temperatures to report.

Discuss your history of using iodized salt.

List all medications, Rx and OTC and supplements.
Avoid essential oils, tea tree oil and lavender for example.

How have testes changed? Smaller or softer?
Often aches in testes are bilateral. One sided might be pointing to another issue. Testicular cancer is not rare and a young man’s disease. When on TRT if FSH lab does not -->zero we suspect a FSH secreting cancer. Try to get FSH tested to rule that in or out.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

1 Like

I knew I could count on you to fill in the many gaps in my thoughts. Thnaks!

I’m sorry I spaced that. It is 200mg of T and 250iu HCG twice weekly. I am at the point where I’ll just stop taking the HCG since I was taking it for atrophy. And my doc threw me on DIM (some herbal crap) as an anti e. I get new labs in 2 weeks so maybe I should just suck it up and wait it out then come back and post all the info I can.

You seem like a gold mine of information. And you are not blunt don’t worry, you’re straight and to the point. That’s what I like. I’ll tell you what I will get my labs done (I have an appt set in the next 2 weeks) and in the mean time I will not change anything. After the labs I will post EVERYTHING. in detail so I can give you as much information as possible. Thank you for reaching out. Ironically enough, I have had hardly any pain since I posted this a few days ago. :expressionless:

The DIM will work to lower your E as long as it’s not too high. Honestly I found it more economical to just use Adex.