TRT and Hcg For Almost 3 Months, Lots of Weight Gain. Labs Below

Good Evening hrdlvnI hope your well my friend! We haven’t talked in awhile :+1:
I wanted to wait for awhile to build my ferritin up some like you said! Since it was so low!! I got retested and go reults today if you can! Please look over and please advise or anybody else that can help me!! My other tests are up further in earlier posts i had in early May And almost June! My friend hmm I see my estro is sky high only been back on trt since March buddy! With no al at all! Please help me out not sure what’s up just don’t feel good that good fatigued and tired alot last few months!! Been on those supplements since u told me to go on a few months or so ago! !Please advise thanks Rocky

20180827_195930

Hi Rocky glad to hear from you. I tried PMing from one of the other T sites we visit.
Well your ferritin still looks like crap. I would say your iron pill are no good. Get on Amazon and buy some Feosol Carbonyl iron 45 mg. Take one every day with a full gram of vit C. You and I started taking iron about the same time and I just did bloods for Defy my ferritin came in a 109.

This it more than likely why you still feel like crap.

Your E2 is a bit high do you have any of the bad high E2 symptoms? nipples leaking water, start crying everytime you see something sad on TV? IF not you maybe OK. What kind of Free T are you running?

Really glad to see you are still around. You can probably stop the iodine, selenium, zinc it does not look like they helped you. You might still take the zinc its a pretty awesome supplement on its own.

Your E2 is the wrong testing method, so we don’t really know your actually E2 level. You clearly have an iron storage disorder.

You clearly need a new doctor, Total Estrogens is a useless test and is only a waste of money, so to is using the wrong E2 testing. It provides only inaccurate information.

Hello my friend glad t, o hear from you well as far as my ferritin its only 2 months or so being on tge iron it has raised from 10 to 22 so it has raised u said it takes many months to get it back so not sure! As far as tge estrogen at of all those systems said the one with the Sad shows yes I start to tear and get sad all others u said No! Still wounderi about my thyroid what’s up with the tests I did! System Sysye just wrote something about wrong estrogen tests it was a waste of money so I don’t know my friend please look at results and ones up from 2 and half months ago please advise glad to hear from you my friend

Hello sYstemlord okk then please help what are the Rights Estrogen tests then? Also so the ones I did they mean nothing? So help me out please thanks

Looking back June 2nd you got your first ferritin test.
IMO until you get your ferritin up to at least 50 range 30-400 you would be wasting your money on thyroid blood tests.

I believe you told me you have anastrozole. I would start taking some and see if you feel less sensitive. Our SHGB and T cyp amounts are very similar. I would take .25mg Monday and Thursday for the first week and just .25mg every Thursday after that for the next month. I can feel my AI working in as little as 4 hours.
I like running my E2 a little high, good for the joints, and only take it when I get sensitive as soon as I no longer feel sensitive I stop and only take it again when the symptoms return.

As you well know I am no doctor and my advice here is just what I would do you should talk this over with your doctor.

You need to LC/MS/MS method for E2 testing, this will provide more accurate E2 levels.

Thanks Systemlord ok as far as tge E2 Testing! You saw the Iron Problem you said its be stored! What do you think is causing this? I been taking iron supplement slow release for a few months or so! My ferritin Rose alittle! So please explain how I can fix this problem and what’s causing the Ferritin being stored incorrectly please help me thank youI

Thank you hrdlvn I’ll try that just can’t believe its showing that high any other input please throw out there my friend

You might consider doubling your iron supplement for a while don’t forget the Vit C it really helps. The down side is too much iron can stop you up (constipation) taking extra magnesium at bedtime can help that if you get it.

The standard E2 is not as accurate as the sensitive. But in your cast a non sens E2 of 80 even if there was an error of 20 points your E2 would still be 60 and IMO that is too high plus you stated you have symptoms.

If you only have access to the standard E2 test look at it like a check engine or low oil idiot light in your car. You know something is wrong when the light comes on. You just don’t know the exact amount.

Personally anything over 40 is too high for me. You are a low SHGB guy like me and I have issues if my E2 goes over 35. I much prefer 28-30 and feel my best there.

Thank you Hrdlvn my friend for the info! So I should start taking a Al. 25 of Anazorale Now like u mentioned? Also since the numbers are Also damm High even if they were off like u said its still way to high! Why do you thinks its so high since my last test in June? Why do you think my ferritin is staying so low?! All this is scaring me some just feel so tired and want to nap allot with low energy so I’m not sure what to doo my friend thank youuu

A word of caution, I was prescribe .125 anastrozole and remember feeling great about mid way through the day, by days end I had pain behind my eyes and could barely keep my eyes open. I’m now taking 1/4 of that dosage and feel better, so take less if you can help it. You can always increase the AI dosage little by little, that’s prefered to crashing your estrogen.

Thanks I know its strong stuff I’ll start very low!! I asked before what do u think is causing my ferritin to be so low? what do u think the cause is? It came up some with slow release iron supplements for tge last 2 months or so but its still so low

Hello systemlord or Anybody on here! Can some one who knows about iron disorder help out please!! Im very concerned not seeing my endo util oct! A friend on Here gave me some things to take what i been doing for months! Can anybody please help me and maybe what is causeing my iron disorder and why mine is so low? I’ve been taking a Iron slow release to build my ferritin/iron! So I have since beginning of June so it’s been almost 3 months it’s only went up from a low 10 to 22 and it’s still so low! Can anybody help me out and maybe explain what could be causing this and it’s causing other problems for me please advise chime in thank you

make an appointment with a Hepatologist if you think you have an iron disorder. or if you dont have one near you, a gastroenterologist

Thank you I thought that would be the next step after my endo may not be sure! Do you know maybe know what’s causes This problem? I would have never knew my ferritin was this low until a while back somebody said check your ferritin levels I’ve never had a blood test for that until the first time in June so this could have been going on for a long time not sure any other input pleas

from Iron Deficiency Anemia | Iron Disorders Institute

What is iron deficiency?
Iron deficiency is a condition resulting from too little iron in the body. Iron deficiency is the most common nutritional deficiency and the leading cause of anemia in the world. In the USA, despite food fortification, iron deficiency is on the rise in certain populations. Iron deficiency at critical times of growth and development can result in premature births, low birth weight babies, delayed growth and development, delayed normal infant activity and movement. Iron deficiency can result in poor memory or poor cognitive skills (mental function) and can result in poor performance in school, work,and in military or recreational activities. Lower IQs have been linked to iron deficiency occurring during critical periods of growth.

Signs and symptoms of iron deficiency
A person who is iron deficient may also be anemic and as a result may have one or more symptoms of anemia. These can include, chronic fatigue, weakness, dizziness, headaches, depression, sore tongue, sensitivity to cold (low body temp), shortness of breath doing simple tasks (climbing stairs, walking short distances, doing housework), restless legs syndrome, pica (the desire to chew ice or non-food items,) and loss of interest in work, recreation, relationships, and intimacy.

Causes iron deficiency
Iron deficiency can be the result of numerous and multiple causes. These fall into two broad categories: an increased need for iron and/or decreased intake or absorption of iron.

Increased demand:
Iron deficiency can occur during rapid periods of growth. For this reason nature makes certain that developing fetuses, newborns and infants up until the age of about six months have an ample supply of iron. Conditions that result in iron deficiency include blood loss from heavy menstruation, pregnancy, frequent or excessive blood donation, fibroids, digestive tract disease (including infections), as well as surgeries and accidents. Iron deficiency can also be caused by certain medications, some dietary supplements or substances that cause bleeding such as pain relievers with aspirin, and also as a result of poisoning from lead, toxic chemicals or alcohol abuse.

Decreased intake or absorption
Decreased intake or absorption can occur in diets that do not include heme iron, the iron in meat and shellfish. Heme iron is absorbed more efficiently than non-heme iron found in plants and dietary supplements. Other nutrients, however, such as vitamins C and B12, folate or zinc can facilitate sufficient non-heme iron absorption. Consuming certain foods and medications can interfere with the absorption of iron. These include dairy products, coffee, tea, chocolate, eggs, and fiber. Medication that inhibit iron absorption include antacids, proton pump inhibitors (to treat acid reflux) or calcium supplements. Diseases conditions can also limit iron absorption; this can happen as a result of insufficient stomach acid, lack of intrinsic factor (IF), celiac disease, inflammatory conditions such as Crohn’s disease, and in autoimmune diseases and hormone imbalances.

Most at risk for iron deficiency
Women, children and the elderly are most at risk. African American and Hispanic women and their young children are prone to iron deficiency, possibly because of diet or perhaps different hemoglobin needs. Men are rarely iron deficient; but when they are, it is generally due to blood loss from the digestive tract (sometimes indicating disease), diseases that affect iron absorption, and in some cases, alcohol abuse. Except for those who are strict vegetarians, men rarely have dietary iron deficiency.

How iron deficiency is detected and diagnosed
The tests used most often to detect iron deficiency include hemoglobin (the iron-containing protein in the blood that carries iron and oxygen to cells), hematocrit which provides the percentage measures of of red blood cells in the blood, serum ferritin, which indicates the amount of iron stored in the body, and serum iron and iron-binding capacity (IBC, UIBC or TIBC). The latter measures are used to calculate transferrin-iron saturation percentage (TS%), a measure of iron in transit in the serum. Serum ferritin is a very important test because it helps distinguish between iron deficiency anemia and anemia of chronic disease (also called anemia of inflammatory response). In cases of iron deficiency anemia, iron supplements can be helpful; but in cases of anemia of chronic disease, iron supplements could be harmful.

Other tests might include: a complete blood count, zinc protoporphyrin, free erythrocyte protoporphyrin or reticulocyte hemoglobin content (CHr). To learn more about these tests visit tests to determine iron levels.

A diagnosis of iron deficiency can be made when a person has both low hemoglobin and hematocrit and low serum ferritin. Serum iron and, transferrin-iron saturation percentage will also be low in a person who is iron deficient. Iron deficiency without anemia can occur when a person has a normal hemoglobin, but below normal serum ferritin and/or transferrin saturation. Iron deficiency with anemia can occur when a person has low values of both serum ferritin and hemoglobin.

How iron deficiency is treated
The approaches used to treat iron deficiency depend on the presence or threat of anemia and its causes, which may be increased demand for iron (pregnancy, growth spurt), blood loss (heavy periods, giving birth, surgery, injury, disease), diet or behavior, interference with iron absorption, and abnormal blood cell formation or management. Some approaches are as simple as dietary changes and others involve taking iron supplements, which are available in heme and non heme form. Some people with significant iron deficiency might require iron infusions or whole blood transfusions to restore iron sufficiency.

If you suspect that you are iron deficient, we encourage you to work with a medical professional to find out why your are iron deficient and then to increase your knowledge about the different ways low iron stores can be replenished. Visit the our Iron library, in the getting started section and read the Anemia Starter Kit. Then, you can evaluate the best approaches to replenish iron levels.

1 Like

Thank you I’ll read I never been to a hemotolgist but I do have a gastroenterologist I’ve went to many months ago for some stomach stuff

Hepatologist not hemotologist.

Charlie thank you! I like my gastroenterologist! Should I go to him to help me? He’s a great doctor and very cool guy