T Nation

TRT and Estrogen

Hello All,
First wanted to thank you for taking the time and reading and replying to me. I am 36 and I been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, pituitary microadenoma (2mm), which caused me to have low testosterone.Also I suffer from cold hands and cold feet on a constant basis.

My doctor has refused to address my sensitive nipples and I am considering changing doctors. I been reading that if take Arimidex (Anastrozole) .25mg EOD might help with decreasing my estrogen levels. What are your views on this.
Lab Results:
TSH: 3.180 (.450-4.50)
T4: 1.56 (.82-1.77)
Prolactin: 10.2 (4.0-15.2)
Testosterone Serum: 776 (264-916)
Free Testosterone: 19.9 (8.7-25.1)
Estrogen: 152 (40-115) HIGH

Medications:
cabergoline 0.5 mg (Every other week)
evothyroxine 88 mcg tablet (daily)
testosterone cypionate (25mg/ml every third day) about 100mg a week.

Questions:
What advice can be provide to lower my estrogen levels?
What can I do about my cold hands and cold feet?

Thank you!!

When doctors don’t know what to do they almost always chose inaction, you need a doctor that knows what their doing. TRT is a major challenge for most doctors who have little to no training in male hormones.

For the fact you can’t patent a hormone is the reason why few doctors know how to do TRT, there’s no money in it.

So what do I do to lower my estrogen level in the mean time?

In lieu of your Dr. doing anything to help you in a timely manner. Go online and look up “research chemicals”. These are liquid versions of various ancillaries that the bodybuilding community uses to control various things like E2. There are a few providers but i cant tell you which is best due to forum rules.

Look for Anastrozole (arimidex) or Exemestane (aromasin) or letrozole (femara). These all act in different ways. You’ll need to do some research. Letrozole can supposedly affect libido.

You may also need to get your own labwork done after you begin self treatment. Private MD labs is one many of us use. Your target for E2 is about 22 pg/mL.

Im sure others will chime and give you more advice. Good luck

Please find pencil icon below 1st post and edit the labs to be in list format with lab ranges, all in one spot without prose.

See the finding a new TRT doc sticky or find anastrozole on your own. Threaten to sue if you need gyno surgery. Put request in writing. But you have wrong labs?

How much have your testes shrunken? Do they ache? Are you concerned if you loose fertility?

TSH seems way to high. While fT3 appears OK, you may still be hypo. Please see ‘oral body temperatures’ below.

Did you become thyroid hypo after not using iodized salt for years?

You need to self-inject T twice a week and take anastrozole at that time.

Please double check E2=152, units and range.
Very high E2 is suggesting that your liver is not clearing estrogens. That can be a liver condition/pathology and some drugs, Rx or OTC can interfere with E2 clearance.

I think that the problem may be testing total estrogens when you need to be testing E2 - estradiol. The concern is T–>E2 and E2 should be the focus.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Thank you! I will reach out to another doctor.

I appreciate the feedback

Hi Ksman, I am going to reply to you bullet points.
I use lapcorp for my test results and I updated my original thread to show the rages. Yes my testes have shrunken, and some time they hurt when I ejaculate, but it is very rare this happens.
My feet are constantly cold and so are my hands. I brought this up to my doctor and she told me this is normal due to my hypothyroidism. This makes me want to change doctors even more aside from my lumps I have in my chest. I already have mild gyno. I never really cooked but I believe that the salts could of have contributed to my condition. My father also suffer from the same issues I have. So it could be from the genes. I will have my next doctor test for E2 - Estradiol. What could I do about my cold feet/ hands also. I have 18% bodyfat. I workout, and sleep (7-8 hours a night). What am I missing and what should I be focusing on?

Ksman said t3 #s are fine, but i do not see the lab. You need to get free t3 lab, that affects the body temperature. You must also get reveres t3 in your case since you are taking t4 medication and have a high TSH. It could be that the t4 is not converting to free t3 instead going to reverse t3.

Should I take any iodine supplements? I am already on levothyroxine (88mcg) daily

I really don’t know to much about iodine replacement. I would do those suggested labs first.