T Nation

TRT and Cutting

I’m 50 6’ 260, 20% body fat…
Just finished a 2 year research study using a new version of Testosterone Undeconate… Worked well…
Unfortunately I’m also having my hip resurfaced in about 4 months…
My goal is to drop body fat and keep testosterone level high, build as much lean muscle, and be fit as possible before the surgery…

I’m going to do a 12 week cycle:

100mg Deca/week joint relief
50 mg Anavar/daily for fat loss and lean muscle
200 i.u. Hcg Mon, Wed, Fri
.5 mg anastozal Mon, Wed, Fri

What testosterone should I add to this to make this more effective?

PCT?

First Post… Thank all…

Why would you need PCT if you are and will continue to be on TRT? The very fact that you asked this question shows you have absolutely no clue what you are doing and thus no business messing with it until you learn more (unless I somehow misinterpreted your post, which I don’t think you did). Get yourself healthy after surgery and spend that time researching what you want to put into your body and why.

There are many types of TRT that don’t involve using any “steroids”, so you seem to be the ignorant one. The trial I was in was simple that. So, my question remains the same. What testosterone and dosage would compliment what I want from this cycle… For some one that’s using low dosage HCG during a cycle what PCT would you suggest using.

Using pct for your case doesnt make much since, even if you do not run test with your TRT, hcg is actually suppressive for HPTA and LH as well and would hinder any of the pct drugs from starting it up again . If you want to continue after cycle without any TRT after 2 years you will be cranked down hard, you would be looking to run pct drugs for a long while which isnt all that good in and of itself. Something along the lines of a few weeks mid-high hcg followed by a few weeks nolva and repeat for awhile; probably best to remain on the low dose test and some hcg.

As for cycle 500 would be a pretty good go with little side effects, >1g AAS in total. I might raise the AI dose to EOD or even ED. If your test dose before was somewhere near 250 though 500 wont net you too much of a difference and you may wish to go higher perhaps 750. I consider small mid and high cycle test doses to be 500/750/1000 respectively, but then again I hover near 1g total for my doses, 1.5 if im reaching for the stars.

Thanks for the feedback… But I’m interested to see how the testosterone undeconate actually cranked things down or not… I had no shrinkage of my testes and kept a great deal of muscle and strength WITHOUT training (hip)… My doc wants me to get down to 230 and get back to being fit. I’ve discovered I can ride the bike and row without a lot of irritation to my hip… Weight training is fine… Just no squats or heavy leg press… I’ve competed before and losing 30 lbs of fat is not hard over 12 weeks…

I’m getting blood work done this week to see where I’m at… My last dose of TU is this Friday…

Depending on the test, I wanted to see how 2 weeks of HCG at 250iu x 3/wk with 4 weeks of 25mg clomid will do to my own test profile before going on the cutting cycle…