T Nation

TRT and Clomid

If doing TRT shots on a weekly basis will taking clomid help
With anything? Does it help to trick the brain to make more natural while still getting shots?

Maybe if you’re trying to father children. Otherwise not a good choice.

From what I’ve read of anecdotal evidence it won’t work but since I rarely listen to other people I’m trying it anyway. In January I’m going to get LH/FSH and semen retested. I’ll post comments.

Some guys get nasty estrogenic side effects from clomid, so nolvadex would be a better choice - as pointed out in the stickies. There is the ‘finding a TRT doc’ sticky as well.

Not to hijack. I just saw my doctors MA for a regular checkup. I mentioned my concerns with scrotum size and ejaculatory amount. Clomid was mentioned. I stated I did not want to quit the Test-Cyp. I mentioned again about Test-Cyp, HCG, and Anastrozole. I guess the Clomid with Test-Cyp is no benefit.

[quote]emmac13 wrote:
Not to hijack. I just saw my doctors MA for a regular checkup. I mentioned my concerns with scrotum size and ejaculatory amount. Clomid was mentioned. I stated I did not want to quit the Test-Cyp. I mentioned again about Test-Cyp, HCG, and Anastrozole. I guess the Clomid with Test-Cyp is no benefit.[/quote]

My endo prescribed me Clomiphene because of the gyno reaction to hCG. I didn’t notice any benefit so I quit and a few months later slowly reintroduced hCG starting as low as 70units E3D. I was up to 250units EOD but gyno flared again. Giving the Clomid a month and then I’ll check it out.

[quote]C27 H40 O3 wrote:

My endo prescribed me Clomiphene because of the gyno reaction to hCG. I didn’t notice any benefit so I quit…[/quote]

Nolvadex is usually the drug of choice for mild gyno because it blocks estrogen very well in breast tissue (which is why it is used as a breast cancer drug). I don’t think Clomid is that useful for gyno (Clomid is not a standard of care for breast cancer).

[quote]KSman wrote:
Some guys get nasty estrogenic side effects from clomid, so nolvadex would be a better choice - as pointed out in the stickies.[/quote]

Restarts are one thing, but aren’t there problems with long term use of Nolvadex, though. For example, liver toxicity?

[quote]C27 H40 O3 wrote:

[quote]emmac13 wrote:
Not to hijack. I just saw my doctors MA for a regular checkup. I mentioned my concerns with scrotum size and ejaculatory amount. Clomid was mentioned. I stated I did not want to quit the Test-Cyp. I mentioned again about Test-Cyp, HCG, and Anastrozole. I guess the Clomid with Test-Cyp is no benefit.[/quote]

My endo prescribed me Clomiphene because of the gyno reaction to hCG. I didn’t notice any benefit so I quit and a few months later slowly reintroduced hCG starting as low as 70units E3D. I was up to 250units EOD but gyno flared again. Giving the Clomid a month and then I’ll check it out. [/quote]

Clomid isn’t great for gyno. And by not great - I mean nearly worthless. In this order— Raloxifene>Nolvadex> long pause > Clomid.

As for the comment on long term Nolva and damage - its somewhat debatable. I was on it 3 years and all measures are a-ok. Not to say its great for you, but I am alive. If I was at gyno stopping doses, like 20-40mg, which seems common, I would run it until lump/sensitivity subsides - then another week or two, then stop.

-Jim

I’m not taking it to reduce gyno. Besides the endo won’t prescribe tamoxifen. All I have to do is quit hCG and it goes away on it’s own.

I have never suggested a SERM for long TERM use.

A SERM can be used with TRT and the pituitary will release LH/FSH if its in working order.

Clomid was the first born and there are many research and clinical papers outlining its effects. When the other SERM’s came along, there was really not much need to repeat studies to demonstrate what a SERM can do, so there is a strong literature bias and its hard to get docs to do independent thinking. The problems that I outline with clomid are really not in the literature, so that is not a factor for docs either.