T Nation

TRT and Advice on PCT if Needed

Hello Everyone…

Looking for some advise on how long one should go on TRT treatment before taking a break and starting PCT if at all.

I suffer from Crohs and was put on test to help stop the mucle and weight losses… Which it has been effective at doing.

I started taking a does of one cc at 250mg a week and Armin 1mg every 2-3 days…

I took this for 10 weeks finished the test vile and and moved to the following…

Currently taking 1/2 cc test - T-400 and half a cc of deca 200 once a week with Armin every 2-3 days…

My question is do I need too worry about taking these low dosages for a long period of time without doing a PCT…???

Or should I do a PCT… The Naturalist who is helping me with diet… Also put me on the test and said not too worry about PCT.

Also… If its recommend that I do start a PCT at some point what should I use and for how long to get my normal levels back up and running…

I am 43 years old… About 175lbs currently…

Usually TRT is a lifetime commitment. Like other lifetime commitments, such as marriag, there’s a way out, but it’s not always pleasant. If you’re responding well to the treatment then I don’t see a reason to stop it.

Never PCT. Should a health virile young man be castrated now and then for a break?

If you had low-T, you never want to recover to that state. But this point of view might be altered by posting all of your pre and post TRT lab work with ranges. We would need TT, FT, LS/FSH and hopefully E2.

We need all of your lab work, not just what you think is of interest.

• self inject 50mg T twice a week, subq, not IM with #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringes
  • take 0.5mg anastrozole at time of injections, adjust dose later to get near E2=22pg/ml
  • 250iu hCG subq EOD to preserve testes

T injections alone most always leads to elevated E2 that has negative effects on libido, energy, mood, tolerance, strength, fat patterns, arteries and prostate. E2 management is mission critical in almost all cases.

The above is a rough sketch, you need to fill in a lot of blanks with reading. Passive does not work.

Do not ignore section below re iodine, thyroid and oral body temperatures. Most guys who come here have associated issues.

If RBC, hemoglobin and hematocrit are low on TRT, GI blood loss is suspected and occult blood test can run in/out. Ferritin should be ~>80 to support thyroid fT4–>fT3 conversion. If GI bleed or low above, iron supplementation needed for duration. Some guys on TRT will get high hematocrit and measures need to be taken which might be avoiding iron fortified foods/supplements.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.