TRT 50mg Every 3.5 Days = 27.2 to 29.8 Free T?

Was on 200mp weekly Cyp for TRT for years but kept getting hematocrit issues. Dr switched me up to 50mg e3.5 days (sat am and tues pm) for past year. Good news is hematocrit issues went away and E2 fluctuations not as bad but my Free T results on the LabCorp test keep showing very high. Range of 6.8 to 21.5 on test but my results show 27.2 up to 29 on Free T and Total T 900-1100. These were all taken on Tuesday’s (so Day 3 out of 3.5 for me). These numbers are way higher than my previous 200MG a week so seems odd. Same test cyp supplier from Kroger in same bottles, same syringes, etc.

All in all I feel ok, just a bit of brain fog but that has been my issue every since I started TRT 6 years ago. E2 ranges from 19-30 usually so that seems ok and I got the full panel ($700 in tests) early in the year and all things looked in range except for high free T.

Wondering is free T is really that high or if the test I get from LabCorp is not right. I do not notice any difference, am still 6’0" and 185 lbs and maintaining strength and muscle so no gain or loss now at 44 years old.

Thoughts on why free is so high? IM injections in glutes.

Testosterone, Serum ng/dL 264 - 916 970 HIGH
Adult male reference interval is based on a population of
healthy nonobese males (BMI <30) between 19 and 39 years old.
Travison, et.al. JCEM 2017,102;1161-1173. PMID: 28324103.
Free Testosterone(Direct) 6.8 - 21.5
High 27.2 High

Looks OK to me.

What about the rest of the labs?
TT=970
FT=27.2
E2
SHBG
fasting glucose
fasting cholesterol
AST/ALT
RBC
HTC
TSH
fT3
fT4
AM cortisol
IGF-1 - for GH status [optional]
post oral body temperatures

FT range at Labcorp used to be a lot higher ~10 years ago

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.