TRT 5 Yrs. Still Not Dialed In for E2 Levels. Lab Results

Hey guys, long time member here and always reading the great information the community offers.

I’ve been chasing the perfect levels of E2 but they have eluded me. My latest lab results are below:

I’m injecting 200mg/week subcutaneous, with an average of 1.25mg a week of Arimidex, divided.

My doc added HCG to the mix and I’m suspecting that this is spiking my E2 levels. They are usually higher than the ranges but not more than a few points.

On a positive note, I did a personal blood test to check levels while I’m feeling a certain way to know how it feels to have high or low levels of E2. The labs came back the next day and it was around $60. Very refreshing.

Testosterone, Serum
Testosterone, Serum 660 348-1197 ng/dL 01
Comment: Comment 01
Adult male reference interval is based on a population of lean males
up to 40 years old.
Luteinizing Hormone(LH), S
LH <0.2 LOW 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL 01
FSH, Serum
FSH <0.2 LOW 1.5-12.4 mIU/mL 01
Estradiol
Estradiol 47.3 HIGH 7.6-42.6 pg/mL 01
Roche ECLIA methodology

If one of you math geniuses can tell me how much to increase my Arimidex dosage, I would be most appreciative. I know you divide something by something and carry the one… whatever. lol

Thanks!

You need to inject T twice a week and take anastrozole at time of injections. If you inject only once a week, lab results are very much a function of lab timing. TT looks low, maybe you need more T or lab timing artifact. Do labs, always, halfway between injections.

Anastrozole dose needs to match serum T levels and things do not work well if T levels are not steady.

No need to ever check LH/FSH. Waste of resources.

We typically expect that most guys need 1mg anastrozole for every 100mg T cyp/eth. I could calculate a dose based on labs, but do not trust your labs when injecting once a week.

Self inject 100mg T twice a week
Take 1mg anastrozole at this time

Really need to have FT tested. Cannot tell if you E2 is creating a lot of SHBG that is reducing FT and inflating TT with T+SHBG.

Find a better lab panel.

With an anastrozole dose change, effects will take 7-10 days to happen. Do not make short term adjustments.

Test again in 4-6 weeks:
TT
FT
E2
CBC
hematocrit [HTC]

You could explain hCG dosing/timing. Need more info about how this may have affected E2.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

There are some T hypermetabolizers here who need 300mg/wk T to get were others are at 100mg/week.

1 Like