T Nation

TRT 17 Years Old - Serious Inquiry

Hey there guys, I am 90% sure I am going to get put on blast for this, but I am a 17-year-old considering going on TRT.

First, let me start by listing my hormone levels that I have collected over three separate tests within a 6-week span. These are the averages for each - the results never really fluctuated more than a decimal percent or two:

Testosterone - 10.5 nmol/L (300ng/DL)
Free Test - 15.5 pmol/L
Estradiol - 70 pmol/L
Follitropin - 3 IU/L
Lutropin - 7 IU/L
Prolactin - 4 ug/L

I ordered these tests based on the fact that I often suffer from erectile dysfunction, a nearly non-existent sex drive, anxiety, extreme sensitivity to any kind of cold (to the point where I can’t focus), mental fog, and a general inability to put on lean mass. It should be noted that I have suffered from slight gynecomastia (puffy nipples, no hard tissue) ever since I was younger, as I very overweight, ate Cheetos and donuts for every meal, and got absolutely zero exercise.

Nowadays, I train strength train six days a week along with regular cardio, track all of my macros to a T (making sure to take in maintenance level calories/macros and a very liberal amount of saturated fat), get 8-10 hours of sleep every night, and generally lead a very healthy lifestyle. I have tried every trick in the book to correct my problem - lowering my body fat (currently sitting at 12-14%), eliminating xenoestrogens, supplementing with zinc, so on and so on. I am a decently strong guy (225lb squat, 275lb deadlift, 140lb bench), but I simply cannot progress any further, as any time I attempt to put on muscle by increasing my calories, almost ALL of the weight I gain is in fat. I am not comfortable with doing this, so I am simply in perpetual maintenance.

Basically, I have hit a stonewall and have started to look to hormone therapy. But here’s the problem: I live in Ontario, Canada, and I have travelled to over 45 different doctors in the past three months, all of them laugh in my face and tell me I need more sleep or that I’m depressed. I was finally referred to a urologist, who suspected testicular cancer, which turned up false, and he ruled that he was completely stumped, telling me that I should see an endocrinologist. I am now on an 8-month waiting list and I cannot do this any longer.

Due to no doctor around here believing in TRT as a viable type of medicine, I have went on my own accord and purchased a vial of test cyp. I have not dosed yet, however, I plan on dosing 100mg every week until I can see an endocrinologist.

I am here asking for advice and possible things to look out for. I am aware that many on TRT use an AI like Arimidex along with HCG, but without a doctor who is willing to monitor my progress, the use of those substances is going to be a tricky one, as I will have to swindle my own blood results and monitor them myself or through walk-in clinics.

Sorry for the long post and thank you for anyone who has taken the time to read this.

There is a trt section, post there. Good luck

Do you have any results that show your LH and FSH?

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
There is a trt section, post there. Good luck[/quote]
All right, I’ll make a post there, thank you.

[quote]CougarPride wrote:
Do you have any results that show your LH and FSH?[/quote]
Follitropin (FSH) - 3 IU/L
Lutropin (LH) - 7 IU/L

My apologies, should have listed the acronyms instead of going with the lab-lingo.

[quote]Vikcan Kaje wrote:
Hey there guys, I am 90% sure I am going to get put on blast for this, but I am a 17-year-old considering going on TRT.

First, let me start by listing my hormone levels that I have collected over three separate tests within a 6-week span. These are the averages for each - the results never really fluctuated more than a decimal percent or two:

Testosterone - 10.5 nmol/L (300ng/DL)
Free Test - 15.5 pmol/L
Estradiol - 70 pmol/L
Follitropin - 3 IU/L
Lutropin - 7 IU/L
Prolactin - 4 ug/L

I ordered these tests based on the fact that I often suffer from erectile dysfunction, a nearly non-existent sex drive, anxiety, extreme sensitivity to any kind of cold (to the point where I can’t focus), mental fog, and a general inability to put on lean mass. It should be noted that I have suffered from slight gynecomastia (puffy nipples, no hard tissue) ever since I was younger, as I very overweight, ate Cheetos and donuts for every meal, and got absolutely zero exercise.

Nowadays, I train strength train six days a week along with regular cardio, track all of my macros to a T (making sure to take in maintenance level calories/macros and a very liberal amount of saturated fat), get 8-10 hours of sleep every night, and generally lead a very healthy lifestyle. I have tried every trick in the book to correct my problem - lowering my body fat (currently sitting at 12-14%), eliminating xenoestrogens, supplementing with zinc, so on and so on. I am a decently strong guy (225lb squat, 275lb deadlift, 140lb bench), but I simply cannot progress any further, as any time I attempt to put on muscle by increasing my calories, almost ALL of the weight I gain is in fat. I am not comfortable with doing this, so I am simply in perpetual maintenance.

Basically, I have hit a stonewall and have started to look to hormone therapy. But here’s the problem: I live in Ontario, Canada, and I have travelled to over 45 different doctors in the past three months, all of them laugh in my face and tell me I need more sleep or that I’m depressed. I was finally referred to a urologist, who suspected testicular cancer, which turned up false, and he ruled that he was completely stumped, telling me that I should see an endocrinologist. I am now on an 8-month waiting list and I cannot do this any longer.

Due to no doctor around here believing in TRT as a viable type of medicine, I have went on my own accord and purchased a vial of test cyp. I have not dosed yet, however, I plan on dosing 100mg every week until I can see an endocrinologist.

I am here asking for advice and possible things to look out for. I am aware that many on TRT use an AI like Arimidex along with HCG, but without a doctor who is willing to monitor my progress, the use of those substances is going to be a tricky one, as I will have to swindle my own blood results and monitor them myself or through walk-in clinics.

Sorry for the long post and thank you for anyone who has taken the time to read this.
[/quote]

E2 looks high. I would confirm those numbers. Maybe you could experiment with an AI ONLY to not allow your Testosterone to convert to Estrogen. Balancing your Test / E2 would make a world of difference for sex drive, sense of well being and abilitity to gain lean mass

8 month waiting list to see and endocrinologist… oh, universal healthcare.

[quote]iammikewatts wrote:
8 month waiting list to see and endocrinologist… oh, universal healthcare.[/quote]

This is what we have to look forward to with Obamacare.
As to the OP, good luck, and keep us posted on what happens.

8 month waiting list to see an endo, yet he saw FORTY FIVE doctors in the span of 3 months? lol.