TRT 1 Year Update

Just drank some clay. Let’s see how i wake up.

I also think that drinking this stuff lowered my e2. It absorbs alot of shit. You fix something and break something else… That’s why I will not do on a regular basis.

@jpt365

Great conversation here minus the insanity Jay keeps displaying. Unfortunately knuckle heads will never listen. Many docs who prescribed an ai say not everyone needs a ai - crissler and dr. Saya himself said only a small portion of the patient population needs ai. There is no magic number.

It’s confusing the way this video and many go. It’s clear that Estrogen causes sides for folks. Even jay cambells book says “if you have estrogen sides try micro dosing or lowering your dose”.

They really need to clarify the discussion. If someone listens to this video and stops where it clearly says “estrogen isn’t an issue - it’ll never cause sides”. They will never hear Towards the end they say lower dose try micro dosing. Then they run around saying these guys are nuts. They are saying let estrogen go. It’s having zero sides… lolllll…

@charlie12 @jpt365 am I nit picking or being unreasonable?

I hope these two guys start thinking out their convos becusse it causes allot of confusion.

Clay? What’s that …

He says he stopped ai and guys estrogen went to 70’s and he feels good. It’s too individual. These guys talk depending on where the wind blows.
If I was at 70 I gather i would blow uP…

Here’s the clay.
Btw
I have not read many posts recently. Tag me up guys if you think I would be interested or you want me to comment.

1 Like

I don’t think you’re being unreasonable, letting estrogen do its thing seems to work for most. Every time I get symptoms though my E2 has been above 40. It’s like clockwork, I get insanely depressed and have intrusive thoughts, get blood checked, E2 has risen to 40 or above.

Now it could just be because I don’t have a high enough level of test in my system so my ratio is off, but even then I question whether my high level of conversion would still drive my E2 up to meet the higher T (if did do a higher dose) and I’d get the same symptoms. Also, a higher dose of T gives me anxiety, I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place. I am willing to concede, however, that the test might have been giving me anxiety because my levels got as low as 121 before I got back on T. I wonder if now that my body has reacclimated to having more testosterone if I could get away with higher levels
and less anxiety?

These are questions only folks like @physioLojik could answer.

1 Like

Are you asking whether I’ve heard of testosterone treatment causing sodium retention? I don’t understand the question.

Fluid retention is a common side effect of HRT and androgen therapy in general

Charlie what does your diet look like? Specifically, what you eat and drink on a daily basis?

Breakfast usually- cereal with almond or lactaid milk. On occasion eggs instead.

Lunch- light. Sometimes some leftovers from home made dinner. I may just eat some snack instead of lunch.

Dinner- home cooked meal. This varies. Pasta, some meat, veggies, etc

I started eating sardines a couple of times a week now. Tasty. During lunch.

Water - probably could drink more. I drink a few cups during the day.

I work mostly at home btw.
So I try not to eat much during the day cause I can easily eat all day- which I don’t. I can form a bad habit easily.

If you’re open to suggestion, I think we could nail down your bloat problem, or at the very least confirm whether it’s hormone or diet related.

Try this for the next 5 days…,

Day 1-4
Water 1-2 gallons a day

Diet - cut ALL carbs. You can have one 20-30g carb meal or supplement just before workout (not bread). Keep the protein and fat intake up.

Workout
NO CARDIO !!
Workout every day (different muscle group) and keep it in the 12-15 rep range. Do not go to failure. A few reps shy of that. The goal is to deplete the muscles of all glycogen.

Day 5
Cut all sodium possible.
Eat 6 meals containing high protein and 50g good hgi carbs (sweet potato, rice, etc) each. Stay away from bread completely.
Have one full sugared soda 20 min before workout.

Have 8 oz of water with the first two meals then no more water for the rest of the day.

Workout your weakest muscle groups.

Try this and let me know what the bloat looks like after 5 days.

Definitely open to suggestions.

I love bread. It looks pretty easy to follow. Not to bad with counting What I eat because I never have counted calories, protein, carbs etc. But this is basic where I can do it I think.

Thanks

Me too! Lol. That’s how I know you need to avoid it and all gluten for this test. It’s a known bloat maker!

Make sure the water intake is spot on. The first 4 days really are critical with keeping the water intake high.

I was also doing 30 minute cardio a few times a week . Why cutting that out?
I also have these protein bars that have a few grams of carbs. Ok?

You want to cut it because it puts the body into a catabolic state. When you cut carbs all of a sudden, the cardio will lead to breakdown of muscle tissue for fuel. You’ll not want to lose any muscle mass during this week.

Ditch the bars for this week. If you use a protein supplement, then get some 100% whey isolate. Stay away from casein.

1 Like

Is this to much sodium? Is this a good option
@bmbrady77

That would depend on how many of those a day, and what amounts of sodium are in the other foods you eat in a day, for your standard eating practices.

For this week, don’t mess with sodium or potassium intake the first four days. Just concentrate on keeping protein high and carbs off the table, and water intake really high.

On the 5th day, cut sodium altogether if you can, so yeah…I would leave those in the pantry on day 5

Sodium is a tricky thing. I actually encourage using tons of it haha unless there is a serious hypertension issue. The body like any other thing you put in it will adjust to an increase.

When a patient is retaining a lot of fluid I would look at cumulative stress and adrenals. Aldosterone, which is made in the adrenal glands) is what governs fluid balance in the body so during times of stress (physical or emotional) the body will naturally hold on to more sodium.

The worst thing you can do is try to lower it to large extremes or alternate it moderate to low. The body will respond by retaining more fluid. I think Stan posted a decent video about sodium.

6 Likes

I would definitely defer to your expertise on that matter. You would know tons more than me in that subject. Lol

I have proven, at least in my case, your point concerning the body adjusting to intake fluctuations. That’s why I was recommending to Charlie that he not change anything sodium related during this week of flushing. Just let the body do it’s thing.

Killing sodium on day 5 along with water intake is just a one day trick to try and force any remaining subQ fluid into the muscles.

This is meant to be a strict 5 day thing, not a way of life by any means lol. I know that you know that, but just wanted to make sure that was clear for anybody else that reads this.

1 Like

@bmbrady77 @physioLojik

I did the 1.5 gallons yesterday. Stopped at about 830 pm. Went to bed at 10p. Got up 3 times to piss during the night. I figured since I stopped at 830 I would get up maybe 2 x most. It’s this expected?
I usually get up 1x during night.

Your situation Sounds a lot more like a reaction to a food your body doesn’t like as opposed to being a sodium issue.