TRT 1 Year Update

Hey @charlie12 - how are things progressing with the pain? Any relief?

How have you been feeling after restarting armour thyroid?

Actually had another endoscopy Friday. No scar tissue. Saw 2 areas of gastritis in stomach. No bleeding. I has stopped the sucralfate and omperazole for 2 days. He said to not stop until he says so. Took 4 tissues to lab. Most of the day am pain free

Armour - itā€™s only been 10 days. Hands seem better. I will retake thyroid labs next Thursday.

I may be lowering todayā€™s testosterone dosage to 44 mg instead of 50. Want to see if what I have around my belly is water weight. But for some reason am thinking when the water goes away i start getting pain in back etc. So maybe thatā€™s the normal water am suppose to have and lowering it makes me dry and joint issues??

It may just be fat I need to lose.
Am about 17% bf according to a digital omron electric device. And I can grab a good chunk of fat on abdomen.

Congrats on the positive endoscopy results. My heartburn has been raging lately so I feel your pain. A couple years ago an ENT told me to take omeprazole for 3 months, I did and it worked. I was heartburn free for almost 6 months until I took antibiotics for an ear infection. Since then Iā€™ve had it on and off.

Does lowering 6mg usually make a big difference for you in regards to water weight? How much water do you drink daily?

Iā€™ll see what happens this time when I lower dose.

Right now It seems like there are a couple days a week I piss with urgency.
I gather it may be my e2 declining a bit before the next injection.

So am thinking Lowering may lower e2 high point.

IDK esp with the variables that am taking sucralfate and omperazole.

Am not going to go crazy over it cause I feel very good at my current protocol.

Probably, Iā€™ve experienced that before.

My thinking says that even if I lower dose wouldnā€™t I still experience the same thing? Cause itā€™s the decline not necessarily that my e2 is high.

In my anecdotal experience it seemed that the temporary lowering of my dose led to my E2 going down and thus my body released water. I guess theoretically your body might begin retaining water again if itā€™s not E2 related.

Guys does high e2/high testosterone cause bloat from water retention or is it gas?

Does it indirectly cause Digestion to cause the bloat?

Am confused

@anon10035199 @NH_Watts @highpull

Im fairly certain its the higher E2 that causes water retention but I dont think its related to digestion. Much the way your body holds onto water in order to flush sodium. I think.

I have never heard of either testosterone or estradiol effecting digestion like that. High E2 can cause fluid retention in some guys.

I wouldnā€™t put too much into it. Physio said that high and low can cause bloat so not to trust it as a ā€œhighā€ indicator.
Actually I think he said it was worse when too low (I was very surprised)

@charlie12 @enackers

Fellas, apparently testosterone treatment increases sodium absorption in the distal renal tubules which results in the water retention or ā€œbloatā€ weā€™re seeing. Check 13:42 in the following video:

I believe this is the kidney structure Dr. Nichols is referring to.

1 Like

Nice pick up @jpt365.

So it seems like this is what it causes and itā€™s ok?

Not entirely sure, but Iā€™ll take it! Wish there was a solution, Iā€™m bloated as hell this week.

I know man so frustrating. 2 endscopies later still bloat. Lol

When I have time Iā€™ll research what you posted.

@physioLojik have you ever heard of the above. @unreal24278

Just found this

Have you ever tried DIM for estrogen management? I swear itā€™s actually made things worse bloat-wise. I have heard it can cause gas so I wonder if I have trapped gas. It also gives me headaches everyday.

Never took dim.

Iā€™ve tried charcoal pills. Seemedv to work but I do it rarely.

And bentonite clay. Works too. But canā€™t do these often.

You can do both of these. Sort of a smooth cleanse.

1 Like

ā€œIn conclusions, increases in Ī± , Ī² and Ī³ -ENaC protein and mRNA levels in kidneys mainly in the distal tubules and collecting ducts under testosterone influence might lead to enhance Na+ reabsorptionā€

From the study you posted.

1 Like

But it said something about increases blood pressure. Could explain the guys that get hpb from trt. Which i dont have.

Yup, it said that in the same sentence I posted, I just cut that part off. My blood pressure was always slightly elevated before TRT. Hasnā€™t changed much, 135/85 last time I checked :confused: