TRT 1 Year Update

@highpull
Do you think there’s value in continuing metformin for life? I know the possible anti aging stuff about it.

My glucose is 79 fasting. A1c close to 5. Fasting insulin close to 10.

Am thinking I can take for 2-3 months to reset my insulin and possibly help me lose some belly fat.

My pills are 500mg extended release. I have no bad side effects splitting my dose.

Thank you all for the feedback. Appreciate it

1 Like

I know the bodybuilder types like it, but I do not think you need it. I do not think it would hurt to try it for a couple of months though.

2 Likes

Made me extremely tired and hated it after 2 says of usage.

Can someone explain this to me… The thinking…

I don’t have time to read this thread, so surely you’re aware of the thyroid issue from the 1st labs at least.

but your fasting insulin on the first test is rather high too. I’d at least try some otc insulin sensitizers - chromium, lipoic acid, etc.

Apologies if there’s been better testing and it’s plainly posted somewhere.
Cheers.

DHEA is produced from cholesterol. So, basically, he’s saying that unless you are wildly out of range or vegan, don’t worry about it.

Preg converts to dhea as well. Some
Guys can just take Pregalone and have plenty of dhea.

If you take dhea you will quickly find out if it was something your body craved. You will notice an uptick in mood , sleep and libido.

Other folks like myself hated it. Made me sleepy and tired and groggy. It did help me
Sleep.

My dhea spiked into the 600s after just 2 weeks of use.

My point is why did he say only supplement if very low? Maybe because it’s not proven that optimal dhea levels are needed?

There are a lot of negative side effect risks associated with high DHEA.

Ok so I ve been doing it for a few days. 25mg in the morning. So far so good.

I guess best to recheck levels in a couple months. I def will be happy with just mid range. I was at the very low end of normal.
Dhea s 115 (102-416)

If theirs no point in having higher levels I rather not supp. Am not one that believes all hormones need to be in upper range.

Your body has a number it likes. It’s better to eat some meat than take a pill, as far as I am concerned.

@highpull @dbossa

I need help for my wife. We went to a obgyn who is also trained by Dr rouzier bhrt program.
Problem is Dr wants $1750 upfront then monthly for meds that he gets from Utah.

I picked guys brain enough and he would prescribe the following

1. Increase her free t3 by doubling her 30 mg armour. This I may be able to get by convincing her endo.

2. Give 100 mg progesterone day 1-14 and 200 mg day 15-30.
    How can I get this? Should I creme from Amazon? Is pregenelone pills ok?

3. Testosterone. I have plenty of Cypionate to give her.

No estrogen no dhea.

I can get her labs from other doctors to monitor.

Progesterone is a cream usually, her endo would probably prescribe that. There are a few guys with wives on stuff here. @bmbrady77 I think and @hrdlvn . I could be wrong on that though.

Thanks for tagging the ones who may know this. I know high pull knows this

My wife is with Defy. I could not be happier.
She is on a T and E/P creams.
Do you have your wifes bloods? Are you planning to try and do this without a HRT doctor?
What are you two trying to do? What is your wifes symptoms? Sorry if its written above somewhere to lazy to go scanning such a big thread.

@hrdlvn
Wife is obese. 43. Pre meno.

We went for consult and got the info above on what she needs. So we were going to self administer.

OK just know I am no expert here and this is my best guess looking at her bloods. Her thyroid is fine. A 3.1 T3 is just about Fing perfect in a man. Is she already on thyroid meds? If so I would not up the dose.
Her TT/FT and P is low. Also ferritin and B12. She is not in meno yet I would leave the E’s alone.
If you have T cyp try 10mg/wk for 5-6 weeks and see how she feels. This will naturally raise her E’s
I would try to get B12 shots but if you can’t do supplements. They are not very effective but better than nothing.
I would not do anything else except look at diet and exersize. Make to many changes and you would not know which one did what. Don’t over do diet or exersize. This is a marathon not a sprint. Try cutting out omega 6’s and adding omega 3. Like no corn oil in food or to cook with sub with olive or coconut. Supplements/ Fish oil, K2, D3, CoQ10.
I hope some of these ideas help. Best of luck.

EDIT: Don’t over do the T or you could end up with the wicked witch from the West.

How do you know B12 low? It was not in lab.
Last check it was ok. She takes the sublingual form already.

Also u suggest no prog cream?

And yes she is on 30 mg armour.

Thank you. I appreciate this