Troy Polamalu Training Article

[quote]chubs108 wrote:
I am not sure if anyone else feels the same way, but I feel there are two types of people-

Those who have that ability of “natural” physical, athletic skills. Who may only need a little refinement and some unstable work and light weight (as explained in this article).

Then there are those people that need ME & DE days, O-lifts, and stuff that appear to be addressed by Polamalu. We are those without those genetics or natural abilities. We gotta work on it.

I think this article or the opinion of the subject in this article may have forgotten that there are people like us. We need more than a wobble board, etc. But since Polamalu threw out the “bait”, I would love to see the price tag for this “revolutionary” style of training.

It probably is a good idea/program to put into use once a strong, powerful foundation has been established. Polamalu had to have had a strong and powerful foundation established right?[/quote]

exactly…it like someone who’s been doing free weight the majority of their life with heavy weights, compound movements then all of sudden start using light weights isolation movements and say its better…people don’t often think before the run their mouth

[quote]Vyapada wrote:
Yoda-x wrote:
Yeah, and I cock-pressed 600 last night in a showdown against Ron Jeremy.

Who won?[/quote]

Chuck Norris

Interesting thread. I am a big Steelers fan but overall, I think that Troy’s w/o regimen is not optimum. He IS natural, very fast and a good form tackler, takes right angles and is mentally tough. But he got run over or bounced off a Colt running back late in the game. I believe that Barber’s w/o is what skill position players should do. Medium to heavy weights lifted fast. I have a good friend whose son is on a Marinovich program and he’s pretty skillful but still easily gets pushed around. Again, Troy has great attributes but in the strength/power area, could be alot better.

Incidentally the strongest pound for pound clean I heard of was Brock Forsey from Boise St (now a Bear?) who at 210 lbs did a 385 pd clean.

Im bout to start training with Marv Marinovich (troys trainer) in Feb. Im curious to see how it goes cuz his style is so unconventional. I kno Other trainers like defranco would chew up his methods, but I think it will work

[quote]futureNBAstar11 wrote:
Im bout to start training with Marv Marinovich (troys trainer) in Feb. Im curious to see how it goes cuz his style is so unconventional. I kno Other trainers like defranco would chew up his methods, but I think it will work[/quote]

It depends on your base of strength. If you’ve done heavy, explosive lifting already like Troy did in college, you’ll probably be ok. If not, see if you can get a refund.

Doug Adams do you kno him personally? You cant make that judgement by just reading one article. Seriously the guy was S&C coach for the raiders, Captain of the USC football team (think they wont national championship).

I think he knows what he is doing, just because his methods arent used on T-Nation doesnt mean it wont work. Ive read soem good reviews on his proBodX book on amazon.com, most impressed. Pce

Bullshit in my opinion. The reason I say that is because on this guy’s website I see a pic of Jason Sehorn advertising his stuff. I played with Sehorn at USC and I can tell you this guy was freaky big, fast, and strong and he didnt use any of these gimmicky balls. He pounded the weights hard and was a beast when he came out of college. I dont think that this guy’s training methods are anything that pro footballer should be using.

that seahorn website is not his.

his website is www.sportslab.net and I didnt see Jason seahorn anywhere on his website. He does have a hall of fame with Polamalu, and Giambi.

Have you guys looked at the http://www.sportslab.net/exercises.html page?

Make sure you look at that link-- it’s got photos of this “revolutionary” stuff at work…(those quotation marks should indicate how impressed i am)

[quote]InCorporeSano wrote:
Have you guys looked at the http://www.sportslab.net/exercises.html page?

Make sure you look at that link-- it’s got photos of this “revolutionary” stuff at work…(those quotation marks should indicate how impressed i am)[/quote]

Absolutely beautiful. My favorite is the “Improved Sports Related Movement”. I remember all the times in gym class where we played sports on all fours and kicked up in the air…oh wait…

Love the trainer too. Looks like he just got done smoking a bowl in a couple of those pics.

Yall jus keeep on hating, u will never do what he has done in ur lifetime.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

Absolutely beautiful. My favorite is the “Improved Sports Related Movement”. I remember all the times in gym class where we played sports on all fours and kicked up in the air…oh wait…

Love the trainer too. Looks like he just got done smoking a bowl in a couple of those pics.
[/quote]

did you also notice the trainer is wearing sandals? of course, in a GYM with NO WEIGHTS, that’s okay.

First off Troy is a bad ASS. And T.O. dont get me started hardcore training BULLSHIT, if he does, his proformance on field is a discrace.

He came out of the womb "looking the way he does. Now if you can throw a 20lb weight 50 mph (example) you are the shit.

But like the man from Canadia said everyone is different. But i would like to see hin bench more than 400 now because he should have went up by now. And lets dont pull the race card or i’ll have to throw out some names like KING KAZ, Marias, and Jon Paul.