Trough to Peak Calculations

Is there a way to extrapolate your peak from the trough? I inject 26 mg EOD. I had a blood test before my injection and total was 724 (range: 300-890) and my free was 164 (range: 47-244). I was having issue with sleep and such but it was a high blood medication that was making me very sick. After stopping it I felt immensely better after 5 days and am feeling extremely good now. On cream I felt great at a free of 150 and a total of 560. Family doctor said I am at the higher range so maybe I should reduce a bit. I don’t want to fix what may not be broken. Current dose I have been on for over 2 months. Thank you.

What’s your doctors reasoning here?

Sure but it’s as close to your next injection as possible. Since you do EOD you will not have the same range as someone on weekly.

I would also question why he has a problem with your dose. I could definitely see a normal endo or PCP thinking that was high. It probably is much higher at times too. Still your dose is pretty conservative compared to most Mens Health clinics. I would just have a candid talk with him that you feel good and if you MUST lower it you would only want to start with small reductions at a time.

2 Likes

Simply that I am at the higher range on trough. She monitors it only but I use Defy mainly for medication and I am sure they have no issue as they wanted me much higher at 40 mg EOD.

I only had issues at high levels when I was doing 300 mg once a month which is a stupid protocol. I had issues for a week after that dose and then of course when it crashed. I am leery of high levels do to that but feel around 150 free works well for me. So if 150 does the trick I assume I shouldn’t look at total too closely?