Troubles Eating Food to Gain

I just recently broke up with my girlfriend, and to be honest right after we broke up my workouts have never been better, and for a while everything was going great. I’m still getting PR’s every week. My only issue is that I haven’t been able to eat as much as I used to, which was a lot.

I hate to say it but I’m pretty sure this is because of the break up. I’ll admit I’ve definitely been mildly depressed for a while. I’m literally forcing a chicken quesadilla down right now, and its probably only brought me up to 1500 calories today. Any suggestions???

Damn. Some of my meals are almost that big by themselves…and I eat 7 times a day.

Breakups suck…but you broke up with her, so the relationship must have sucked. Get over it.

Other than that, I’m not sure what kind of answer you’re after. Eat or you won’t grow.

Get a new woman to cook for you.

Eat 6 ounces of mixed nuts a day- that would be around 1100 calories.

Fuck me this is a pathetic thread.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Get a new woman to cook for you.[/quote]

Yes. You could also try smoking pot. Give me a few hits and I can put down 1500 calories without chewing.

Cook two packets of ramen noodles, drain water, add butter and flavor packets. That will add a couple hundred calories of shitty, yet delicious white trash food for your daily intake.

Or you could just try Cowboying the fuck up.

[quote]feric89 wrote:
I’ll admit I’ve definitely been mildly depressed for a while.[/quote]

You can act like a man! What’s the matter with you?

(Just some tough love. Sorry to hear about your break-up.)

Liquid calories will go down faster and easier. 20 ounces of whole milk, three tablespoons of peanut butter, three scoops of Metabolic Drive Complete, and two bananas would deliver about 1,500 calories per shake. Add in whatever solid food you can manage throughout the day, and you’d be better off.

But really, the sooner you can get your head right, the better. I’m not “relationship advice-giver guy,” but maybe try to hang out with some of your buddies that lift until you get back on track.

Inject B12 (www.synthetek.com/Products/Synthelamin/synthelamin.html)

Subcutaneous injection into butt or stomach with 30 gauge insulin needles.

Do 1ml per day for the first week to load up and then 1ml every 3rd day.

Huge appetite increase for me YMMV.

Also, like Chris said above liquid calories, I personally drink a gallon of whole organic milk a day. I have always had a small appetite and these things have worked for me.

if it over…is over for a reason…time to man up move on and drink some whole milk.add olive oil to essentially everything if needs be

Stop being a pussy and drink your milk damnit!

You struggle to shove down 1500 calories? I;m cutting and taking in 2500 and my body is always hungry. Maybe your over-training, that could affect your appetite.

Drink 3-4 litres of milk a day. It really doesn’t get much simpler than that.

I’m on a really limited budget myself, basically a college kid with access to two mealplans a day and that’s about it, and I was wondering what are some really cheap but effective ways to supplement by diet? I’m eating two giant meals a day and then taking two protein shakes a day but I still want more calories and nutrients-

any advice?

Can you smuggle stuff out of the dining hall after your meals?

I already am, kinda. So i’m throwing in, most of the time, another meal per day. They’re not the healthiest meals though.

If your college has a salad bar, raid it every time you eat. That should help get some more vitamins and minerals in. If you can find an all you can eat buffet near your school, you could hit it one a week and just load up. They normally aren’t that expensive, and you can eat however much you want. Other then that, oatmeal and beans are normally pretty cheap.

[quote]ninjaboy wrote:
If your college has a salad bar, raid it every time you eat. That should help get some more vitamins and minerals in. If you can find an all you can eat buffet near your school, you could hit it one a week and just load up.

They normally aren’t that expensive, and you can eat however much you want. Other then that, oatmeal and beans are normally pretty cheap.[/quote]

He’s not ganna get enongh cals from salad, oatmeal, or beans.

OP if your in desperate need of cals, start adding oil to everything. Olive oil, coconut oil, whatever. Get a 5lb tub of peanut butter and spoon eat it till your sick. Get kroger brand milk and drink at lest 1/2 gallon a day. That should get your cheap ass on the way. BTW theres a zillion threads on this topic.

Hot Pockets, Oat Meal, Milk, Meat (Ilike roast beef) pancakes.
Eating is the best part!

Hot Pockets fall under the category of ‘Absolute Shit’. If you just absolutely don’t have any other source of calories at the moment, have one.

Whole milk is a godsend… anything dairy, really. Yogurt makes you think you’re snacking, but it’s good stuff. Peanut butter is awesome, too.