Trouble With Leg Press

Hi im 6,4 and i cant fit in the leg press properly i have to put my feet realy high on the board with my feet half on, has anyone had this problem, Maybe its flexibiliy issues, my friend is 6,1 and he can fine with feet in a position i can hardly move 2 20kg’s.

Note: ive lifted anywhere from 120 kg to 340kg but with guard on, also cant squat without going on tiptoes, no idea if thats normal

You should be able to leg press just fine. Also, if you are having to squat you more than likely have flexibility issues. Maybe post a video and someone could better help solve your problem.

L

This sounds like a flexibility issue related to tight calves/Achilles tendons. (A common source of squatting/leg-pressing difficulty, actually–John Meadows has talked about this.) Dedicate some time every day to stretching these structures, and you will be amazed at the difference it will make.

Maybe doing a search on youtube you will find videos about hip, ankles mobility.
The machine is not the issue.
In your situation i would invest at least 10 min. daily stretching, foam rolling.
You are in a rehab situation where body weight is plenty.
Just do real slow goblet squats and rest 15 sec. at the bottom let gravity work slowly.
You might take a hot shower/bath prior to help relax mucles and soft tissues.
If needed wrap a towel around a post or hold on to something to keep your balance and avoid falling backward and do not do the easy thing by raising your heels. Keep booth feet flat on the ground and accept your limits and work towards slowly pushing them back bit by bit.
It is about lots of tiny steps, repetitionssss.
If you post in rehab forum you might get a more precise reply by an expert.
Were you in some accident ?
Are you sitting a lot ?

Now, I’m not Tom Platz but heres my .02. I’m 6’4 and flexibility use to be an issue. Heres what I do you can take or leave it. I usually spend 20 mins at the gym with light cardio and stretches. My favorite quad stretch is to grab onto the vertical support of a squat rack and pull my leg by the top of my toes directly behind the legs and hold it for twenty secs each side multiple time while drinking plenty of water. Then I’ll go to the lying leg curl machine and crank out 4 sets of light high reps with pauses. After that, I’d stretch my hams like doing sldls. Then ill do a few ligjt leg extensions 15-50. Then, I’ll do some body squats I front of the mirror and check my form and try to tweak it some. Now you ready for leg press ( I’m a squat man myself). Another thing, I’ve started doing single leg presses after squats and the pump is insane.

Btw, I think heavy heavy leg presses tend to put alot of stress on my hips, I do better with not-quite-so-heavy leg presses.

Did you try moving the seat back?

Cheers Guys just searched on youtube and it was flexibility mainly hips and slighty ankles, thanks for your responses, i can get back to lifting properly soon now.

[quote]SavagedNatiion wrote:
Btw, I think heavy heavy leg presses tend to put alot of stress on my hips, I do better with not-quite-so-heavy leg presses.[/quote]

While I don’t feel the hip issues myself, I see countless kids in the gym so intent on piling all the plates on the sled that there hips are rolling up on every rep. I believe Chris Cormier hurt himself quite badly doing the same thing.

Point being, I’m with you in that I always hold back a bit n the weight, and ensure I’m truly getting everything I can in terms of stimulating growth out of the movement.

S

[quote]HYP31994 wrote:
Cheers Guys just searched on youtube and it was flexibility mainly hips and slighty ankles, thanks for your responses, i can get back to lifting properly soon now. [/quote]

Google “mobility wod”… You can thank me later.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]HYP31994 wrote:
Cheers Guys just searched on youtube and it was flexibility mainly hips and slighty ankles, thanks for your responses, i can get back to lifting properly soon now. [/quote]

Google “mobility wod”… You can thank me later.[/quote]

Thanks ! I bookmarked it for future needs.

[quote]SavagedNatiion wrote:
Btw, I think heavy heavy leg presses tend to put alot of stress on my hips, I do better with not-quite-so-heavy leg presses.[/quote]

X2 on this.

I’m 6’5" and never had an issue using the leg press. So it’s definitely not your height. As others have said, post a video if you can, I’d like to see what the issue is.

Look into doing the Agile 8 before your leg day. That might help address any mobility issues.