Trouble with fish oil

Hey guys I just started taking this
seven-seas.com/products/seven-seas/pure-cod-liver-oil-extra-high-strength-150ml

Before this I took fish oil but just 1 or 2 in capsule form, which is barely anything. I’m taking the recommended dosage of this stuff (10ml daily - 2 teaspoons) but I’m having trouble - it is making me very tired and with brain fog. The tiredness I get from it isn’t as intense as the tiredness I’d get if I ate too much rice or potato, but it’s a lot more steady and long lasting. It makes me want to lie down, but not fall asleep.

I take it in the morning as part of breakfast. If I just take 5ml the tiredness lasts around 4 hours but if I take the full 10ml in the morning I’m tired for 6+ hours later. For breakfast I usually eat 4 eggs, some bread and a piece of fruit. I sometimes take coffee as well but this doesn’t make a difference to the tiredness. So what could the problem be? I remember seeing in some video that a high fat meal attenuates blood flow for up to the next 6 hours. Could this be what is happening? Or do you think that fish oil just isn’t for me? Thanks for any help.

Idk why you get tired but why not take it before close to bed time?

I had the same problem with the same brand. Then I discovered krill oil. Won’t be looking back anytime soon mate

Who knows…this is a common occurrence when someone starts using something new.

Here are the side effects of a common supplement-

“Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); fever; redness, swelling, or tenderness at injection site.”

This supplement is made when 2 hydrogen atoms atTach to one oxygen atom. We often refer to it as…Water.

The increase in fat might be altering your fat:Carbohydrate ratio making you sluggish. This is only the case if you are truly sensitive to that ratio(rare) and if you have eaten the same thing for many days which would make the change more noticeable.

Try throwing away 1 yolk in place of the fat from the fish oil and see if it helps.

OR, switch brands like the guy above or try krill oil.

Quick question on this topic: Does anyone else get the repulsive fish oil burps? It is unbearable… Any cures?

Note that I usually take it during my ‘fasting’ period of the day so eating more is not my first choice hahaha.

I take about apprx a tablespoon or less(if my nose is bleeding more than usual) of Nordic Naturals Omega 3D before I go to sleep and I haven’t gotten any problems. It also seems to help my skin complexion.

[quote]arramzy wrote:
Quick question on this topic: Does anyone else get the repulsive fish oil burps? It is unbearable… Any cures?

Note that I usually take it during my ‘fasting’ period of the day so eating more is not my first choice hahaha.[/quote]

Are you taking pills? If you are taking pills the oil might be rancid or going rancid, that’s why I never take fish oil pills. I drink Carlson’s Fish Oil straight out of the bottle, that way you can easily tell if its bad. I personally think Carlson’s (lemon or orange flavor) is the gold standard and I never get fish burps anymore, and I take swigs frequently during the day.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]arramzy wrote:

Note that I usually take it during my ‘fasting’ period of the day so eating more is not my first choice hahaha.[/quote]

Are you taking pills? If you are taking pills the oil might be rancid or going rancid, that’s why I never take fish oil pills. I drink Carlson’s Fish Oil straight out of the bottle, that way you can easily tell if its bad. I personally think Carlson’s (lemon or orange flavor) is the gold standard and I never get fish burps anymore, and I take swigs frequently during the day. [/quote]

ahhhhh never thought about that… Thanks for the idea. Will probably dump whats left of this bottle

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]arramzy wrote:

Are you taking pills? If you are taking pills the oil might be rancid or going rancid, that’s why I never take fish oil pills. I drink Carlson’s Fish Oil straight out of the bottle, that way you can easily tell if its bad. I personally think Carlson’s (lemon or orange flavor) is the gold standard and I never get fish burps anymore, and I take swigs frequently during the day. [/quote]
That would be my recommendation too.

I love almost anything orange flavor so even if I get the burps all I task is orange/chocolate as I take 1 Tbs when I have a protein shake.

X2 on Carlson, the gel capsules of this brand do not cause “fish burps” like the other couple of brands I have tried.

[quote]juverulez wrote:
I had the same problem with the same brand. Then I discovered krill oil. Won’t be looking back anytime soon mate[/quote]

I have been away and haven’t taken it for a week and this stuff went away. I’ll try taking it again at different times of day and see what happens. Did you ever manage to get round this tiredness while you were taking it?

Which krill oil product did you use and did you get good results? Is there one that is as good value as this one seems to be?

Hey guys I’ve started taking it in the evening with dinner and I’m not having trouble anymore. Do you think that I had trouble because fish oils lower your BP?