Trouble Stretching Arms Above Head

or does anyone else have trouble stretching their arms above your head? I think my shoulders are either too tight or muscular people have trouble doing yoga?

Incoherent run on sentence aside, stretch more.

broomstick stretch.

edit

In the picture you provided, it looks like your shoulders have pretty good mobility.

ur too swole bra

There are a bunch of articles on this site about shoulder mobility.

That’s an issue that should be addressed

You just need some stretch

Yoga is only hard when it isn’t performed regularly. Muscle mass shouldn’t make a person immobile

It’s pretty common, especially for desk jockeys. Broomstick stretch, scap wall slides etc. Have a look at Shugert’s Shoulder Savers series on here if you want to improve your mobility, or do MobilityWOD (Google it).

[quote]pushharder wrote:
No, I don’t think that’s you. You have a better tan than the woman in that pic.[/quote]

I do indeed!

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

Yoga is only hard when it isn’t performed regularly. Muscle mass shouldn’t make a person immobile[/quote]

I didn’t say immobile, I said I had issue raising my arms above my head. And Yoga is hard whether you perform it correctly or incorrectly.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
ur too swole bra[/quote]

Is that insinuating that I’m a guy (bra)?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Incoherent run on sentence aside, stretch more.

broomstick stretch.

edit

In the picture you provided, it looks like your shoulders have pretty good mobility. [/quote]

Not here for an English lesson and btw, thats not me in the photo.

ME

[quote]simpstr1 wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

Yoga is only hard when it isn’t performed regularly. Muscle mass shouldn’t make a person immobile[/quote]

I didn’t say immobile, I said I had issue raising my arms above my head. And Yoga is hard whether you perform it correctly or incorrectly.[/quote]

The inability to move a full range of motion is immobility. And yoga is challenging yea…but it isn’t hard I do it regularly and don’t have problems

Just like lifting isn’t hard when its consistent…

yeah it is common. it is one of the reasons why people say you gotta earn the right to overhead press (make sure you have the shoulder mobility for it). repeatedly practicing it in yoga should help. i also had luck using a tennis ball to roll out the muscles round the back of the shoulder girdle / under the armpit.

Might be of help??

[quote]alexus wrote:
yeah it is common. it is one of the reasons why people say you gotta earn the right to overhead press (make sure you have the shoulder mobility for it). repeatedly practicing it in yoga should help. i also had luck using a tennis ball to roll out the muscles round the back of the shoulder girdle / under the armpit.[/quote]

Thanks

[quote]watermelon_2001 wrote:

Might be of help??[/quote]

Wow thanks!