Trouble Holding Tension for Reps

Hi, I have just stated squatting and deadlifting again, and I know that during those exercises, for safety and max strength you are supposed to be very tight at all times (when squatting get real tight and pull yourself down, not drop), but I have been having trouble lately holding the tension for multiple reps when squatting and deadlifting.

It is not because the weights are too heavy, it is just a matter of staying contracted. I am strong and in very good shape, but I have trouble really staying super tight through multiple reps. I think it has to do with my focus, or nervous system or something, or maybe I’m just doing something wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have you been getting enough rest or started being more active lately? Maybe try some Spike for focus?

I’ve also been having a similair problem, but I’ve also started walking a lot more now that I’ve found a job and travel every day, so once I’m used to it things should return to normal.

[quote]rsg wrote:
Have you been getting enough rest or started being more active lately? Maybe try some Spike for focus?

I’ve also been having a similair problem, but I’ve also started walking a lot more now that I’ve found a job and travel every day, so once I’m used to it things should return to normal.[/quote]

Honestly, I haven’t been getting enough rest. I am a college student taking a full load of 17 units(including a 7am math class), as well as working 15-20 hours a week (usually getting off at 10pm), as well as weight training. And lately with finals looming I have been very stressed out, and having to study a lot and not sleeping very much.

it’s probably a case of burnout and I’ll probably get better during the summer when I’m relaxed and get to sleep in everyday. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, as I’ve been too busy lately to think about that. I think I’ll take your advice and rest a little bit.