Trouble Adapting to 5-Day Split

I seem to have trouble adapting to a 5 day split. My muscles are doing fine, but my forearms seem to be getting tendonitis here and there. Shy of upping the dosage of Fish Oil, is there any way to prepare your ligaments for this? Or does it just take time?

[quote]tw0scoops2 wrote:
I seem to have trouble adapting to a 5 day split. My muscles are doing fine, but my forearms seem to be getting tendonitis here and there. Shy of upping the dosage of Fish Oil, is there any way to prepare your ligaments for this? Or does it just take time?[/quote]

What does your 5-day split look like, muscle-groups, exercises, (work)-sets, reps…

Either your split just plain sucks (bad pairing up of muscle groups/days, too much volume or whatever) or some exercise(s) is (are) causing you trouble.

chest:

flat bench 6x3
incline 5x5
decline 3x8
DB flies 3x15

Back

bent rows 5x5
t-bar rows 3x8
chins 5x5
DB rows 3x10

shoulders

mill press 5x5
DB press 3x10
Shrugs 3x10
DB Flies 3x10

Arms

Basically 3 exercises for biceps, and triceps

Then a legs day

That’s pretty much it.

[quote]tw0scoops2 wrote:
chest:

flat bench 6x3
incline 5x5
decline 3x8
DB flies 3x15

Back

bent rows 5x5
t-bar rows 3x8
chins 5x5
DB rows 3x10
[/quote] Are those straight sets to boot?
Oh christ, what do you expect? What’s the point in doing
bent rows
t-bars
and db rows (those are especially forearm taxing)
all in one session?

[quote]
shoulders

mill press 5x5
DB press 3x10 [/quote] I suppose there’s a point to using 2 overhead presses in the same session? [quote]
Shrugs 3x10
DB Flies 3x10

Arms

Then a legs day
[/quote] I like your leg day lol [quote]
That’s pretty much it.[/quote]

Ok, go read “professor X: a request” and try that kind of split/ramping scheme… Read the thread through from start to finish.
Then pm me your new split/exercise selection etc… Or post it here in the forum or whatever.

I have to make some t-cell thread about how to construct a basic split without just throwing shit together at random…
Then I can just post that link in roughly every second thread on here :wink:

You’re hammering the same joints four days straight. Try splitting things up in the middle of the week.

Monday:Chest
Tuesday:Back
Wednesday:off
Thursday:Shoulders
Friday:Legs
Saturday:Arms
Sunday:off

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
tw0scoops2 wrote:
chest:

flat bench 6x3
incline 5x5
decline 3x8
DB flies 3x15

Back

bent rows 5x5
t-bar rows 3x8
chins 5x5
DB rows 3x10
Are those straight sets to boot?
Oh christ, what do you expect? What’s the point in doing
bent rows
t-bars
and db rows (those are especially forearm taxing)
all in one session?

shoulders

mill press 5x5
DB press 3x10 I suppose there’s a point to using 2 overhead presses in the same session?
Shrugs 3x10
DB Flies 3x10

Arms

Then a legs day
I like your leg day lol
That’s pretty much it.

Ok, go read “professor X: a request” and try that kind of split/ramping scheme… Read the thread through from start to finish.
Then pm me your new split/exercise selection etc… Or post it here in the forum or whatever.

I have to make some t-cell thread about how to construct a basic split without just throwing shit together at random…
Then I can just post that link in roughly every second thread on here :wink:

[/quote]

Yeah, I got tired of typing, and figured my legs day wasnt very taxing on my forearms, lol.

I’ll check his thread out, thanks.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
You’re hammering the same joints four days straight. Try splitting things up in the middle of the week.

Monday:Chest
Tuesday:Back
Wednesday:off
Thursday:Shoulders
Friday:Legs
Saturday:Arms
Sunday:off

[/quote]

I agree…after writing it down on here, I started thinking wtf was I thinking. Thanks for the suggestion!