T Nation

Tropic Thunder

I saw this movie last night and it definitely places in the top 5 of all-time comedies. What amazed me the most, was the size of Ben Stiller’s arms and shoulders. This guy put in some hard training for this movie. I’m sure they juiced him up a bit for the role like many others in Hollywood for these type of roles.

I honestly thought my Bigscreen tv was on wide mode for a bit. Ripped!

Tropic :wink:

He ate a lot of carrots. (Is that getting old yet?)

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
He ate a lot of carrots. (Is that getting old yet?)[/quote]

So he’s been working out with Braff then?

Its called Tropic Thunder.


You thought his arms and shoulders were amazing? They juiced him up to look like this? Seriously?

Outside of Robert Downey being funny as shit in it, I thought it was a ridiculous movie.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Tropic ;)[/quote]

lol…yes tropic. I must have been thinking of some tasty fruit punch I used to drink. Thanx for the correction!

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
You thought his arms and shoulders were amazing? They juiced him up to look like this? Seriously?[/quote]

Actually he looked much bigger in the movie than he does in that pic. After seeing that pic…No he does not look juiced at all. Kinda small actually. Peeps always look bigger with all the lighting and angles they use. He still looks pretty good for a little guy though.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
[/quote]

Great profile.

I didn’t even recognize you.

[quote]Christine wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

Great profile.

I didn’t even recognize you.[/quote]

hehe…I was wondering how that would be received. First avatar change since 2002. I imagine some might be disoriented. :smiley:

I don’t think ben stiller was much bigger then he ussually is. He’s always been in decent shape. Need I remind you of one of his earliest, and possibly greatest roles?

i think he is a short guy.

Standing next to Natalie Portman at the Academy awards he wasn’t much taller than her.

[quote]BrownTrout wrote:
I don’t think ben stiller was much bigger then he ussually is. He’s always been in decent shape. Need I remind you of one of his earliest, and possibly greatest roles?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abqr8ybQM1k&feature=related [/quote]

LOL! I don’t know why I always forget about Heavyweights.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
BrownTrout wrote:
I don’t think ben stiller was much bigger then he ussually is. He’s always been in decent shape. Need I remind you of one of his earliest, and possibly greatest roles?

LOL! I don’t know why I always forget about Heavyweights.[/quote]

Great movie! …And I don’t even know who you are anymore. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]print wrote:
Outside of Robert Downey being funny as shit in it, I thought it was a ridiculous movie.[/quote]

And I think this is what they were shooting for.

HOLY SHIT! I can respond to two separate posts in one post?

Where’s Reborn?

[quote]print wrote:
Outside of Robert Downey being funny as shit in it, I thought it was a ridiculous movie.[/quote]

x2

It just seem that it full of a lot of bad humor, but Downey was great though.

[quote]SSC wrote:

HOLY SHIT! I can respond to two separate posts in one post?

Where’s Reborn?[/quote]

Somewhere post whoring. Why do you ask?

He actually looked pretty good in the move Average Joe’s Dodgeball movie.

I’ve taken to saying “whattya mean YOU people???” almost every time someone says that.

[quote]BradyZ wrote:
print wrote:
Outside of Robert Downey being funny as shit in it, I thought it was a ridiculous movie.

x2

It just seem that it full of a lot of bad humor, but Downey was great though.[/quote]

x3, yup, lots of bad humor. Even with a big cast, it wasn’t funny at all. Downey was the only one had me chuckling at times.