Trooper Punches Woman After Car Chase

Considering that everyone is “innocent until proven guilty”, you can’t simply say “don’t wanna get beat, don’t run”, it’s still assault. Put her in a joint lock. For fuck’s sake there is 4 cops there, and she wasn’t in any position to hurt someone. I don’t care how big she might be, she’s not going to be able to throw knockout punches sitting on her ass drunk.
You wonder why people do stupid shit, it’s because they’re dumb, and/or under the influence of something and, don’t want to get their ass beat when they know it’s coming, so they keep fleeing.
This shit is turning into some sort “How many cops does it take to arrest a(n) ______?” joke.
It keeps happening but you can’t let police act as if they’re above the law.

Slightly reminds me of the incident in Alabama.

I would have punched her.

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
Considering that everyone is “innocent until proven guilty”, you can’t simply say “don’t wanna get beat, don’t run”, it’s still assault. Put her in a joint lock. For fuck’s sake there is 4 cops there, and she wasn’t in any position to hurt someone. I don’t care how big she might be, she’s not going to be able to throw knockout punches sitting on her ass drunk.
You wonder why people do stupid shit, it’s because they’re dumb, and/or under the influence of something and, don’t want to get their ass beat when they know it’s coming, so they keep fleeing.
This shit is turning into some sort “How many cops does it take to arrest a(n) ______?” joke.

No one is letting the police act as if they are above the law. The five officers in the video you posted were fired as a result of their actions. They crossed the line. The crazy guy in the car got a 20 year sentence pleading down attempted murder to aggravated assault.

I don’t agree that the video you posted is similar to the one that the OP posted.

Oh and for the record, if I saw someone try to run down a co-worker of mine, I’d get fired for kicking their unconscious also. I wish that I’d be able to remain calm and professional, but I don’t think that I could.

Matty, a drunk person in a vehicle is in a position to cause a shitload of harm to a plethora of people. I dont think 3 short punches to her head is police abusing their power so I’m with gambit_lost, lets focus on the asshole cops who are seriously abusing the power we give them.

On that video the guy obviously tried to kill what appears to be a police officer. Now you want me to feel bad for him because he got beat up?

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
she wasn’t in any position to hurt someone. I don’t care how big she might be, she’s not going to be able to throw knockout punches sitting on her ass drunk.
[/quote]

She has her foot on a gas pedal, she most certainly is in a position to hurt someone.

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

Well, I’m on the fence. I don’t find myself usually defending law enforcement. However, there are two issues in play in the first video. First, stopped or not, she’s in control of a 2500 lb. deadly weapon and she needs to be treated as such. In contrast, she was stopped and surrounded, and I do believe the officer could have merely grabbed her hands. If she was noncompliant with commands, I could fully understand an officer dragging her ass out of the window, but I’m not real sympathetic with the punches. If her car was still moving, okay, punch away, do whatever you have to do, because she DOES have a deadly weapon. All that said, shit is heat of the moment and he’s trying to get her compliance ASAP - pretty easy to Monday morning QB. So, I’m divided on this.

In this Alabama video, I say whip that fucking ass - I don’t care if he’s dead, severely injured, or barely breathing. Motherfucker moments earlier AIMED his vehicle at a cop and tried to kill him. If I were a cop, I’d whip his fucking ass and gladly let you take my badge for it if you wanted it. Bottom line, he’d be getting fucked up all the way to the Hospital, and then I’d fuck him up some more as he recovered. Completely justified in my opinion.

[quote]MickD wrote:

No one is letting the police act as if they are above the law. The five officers in the video you posted were fired as a result of their actions. They crossed the line. The crazy guy in the car got a 20 year sentence pleading down attempted murder to aggravated assault.

I don’t agree that the video you posted is similar to the one that the OP posted.
[/quote]

I cannot believe that was plead down to Agg Assault. If aiming your speeding vehicle at someone is not attempted murder, what the fuck is? They must have made a decision that they were happy with a 20 year sentence (very severe for an Agg Assault) rather than risk not guilty of an attempted murder, a finding of guilty on Agg Assault and a less severe sentence.

As for the cops that lost their job, they deserved to. But I certainly understand why they whipped that ass and I’d have done the same. They just watched that cocksucker aim his car at another LEO.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

[quote]MickD wrote:

[/quote]

I cannot believe that was plead down to Agg Assault. If aiming your speeding vehicle at someone is not attempted murder, what the fuck is? They must have made a decision that they were happy with a 20 year sentence (very severe for an Agg Assault) rather than risk not guilty of an attempted murder, a finding of guilty on Agg Assault and a less severe sentence.

As for the cops that lost their job, they deserved to. But I certainly understand why they whipped that ass and I’d have done the same. They just watched that cocksucker aim his car at another LEO.
[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. I couldn’t be a cop. There is no way that I could not be decisively brutal if I had to deal with a situation like that. I understand that there are laws and the police should be held to a certain standard, but I feel it’s hard for me to pass judgement on those officers knowing that I’d do the same or worse.

[quote]PaddyM wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
she wasn’t in any position to hurt someone. I don’t care how big she might be, she’s not going to be able to throw knockout punches sitting on her ass drunk.
[/quote]

She has her foot on a gas pedal, she most certainly is in a position to hurt someone.[/quote]

Really, You can see that from the video? Nice x-ray vision. Or was it the tires that weren’t spinning? Cause to me it looks like the car is pinned, and not going anywhere. One of the officers even jumped up on the hood to get over the car.
The cop that hit her, ran in there, and started punching her. Guess what? That is assault.
If a cop doesn’t have the brains to even try to speak to someone first and talk them down in what has become a controlled situation before resorting to physical actions then I wouldn’t want them walking around with a gun. It’s called being hotheaded, and when police officers do ‘hotheaded’ shit, they can get fired or suspended or whatever happens.

I know this graph is from Ontario, but check it out.
You see what’s first, communication, then soft physical control.

[quote]MickD wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don’t know about most people, but I have yet to meet anyone that can jump in front of a moving vehicle and stop it. He shouldn’t have put himself in the road.
Coming from a (former/current?) bouncer/bodyguard, I would think you’d have a better understanding of not hitting people when they’re not coherent, let alone unconscious.
When citizens do shit like this, they can go to jail for it. With video technology nowadays Police officers should know better to keep their cool.
I’ve said this before, Police have to be held to a higher standard.

[quote]MickD wrote:

[quote]MickD wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. I couldn’t be a cop. There is no way that I could not be decisively brutal if I had to deal with a situation like that. I understand that there are laws and the police should be held to a certain standard, but I feel it’s hard for me to pass judgement on those officers knowing that I’d do the same or worse.
[/quote]

That’s good that you know that about yourself.
And if I may extrapolate on your post; you know you couldn’t be a cop b/c you could be brutal in a situation like that, and you know that being brutal in a situation like that is the wrong thing to do. Yes? No?

Don’t run from the cops…

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

[quote]MickD wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don’t know about most people, but I have yet to meet anyone that can jump in front of a moving vehicle and stop it. He shouldn’t have put himself in the road.
Coming from a (former/current?) bouncer/bodyguard, I would think you’d have a better understanding of not hitting people when they’re not coherent, let alone unconscious.
When citizens do shit like this, they can go to jail for it. With video technology nowadays Police officers should know better to keep their cool.
I’ve said this before, Police have to be held to a higher standard.[/quote]

They were held to a higher standard. They were fired. The officer wasn’t jumping in front of the car to stop it. He was throwing something in the path of the vehicle to puncture the tires.

[quote]MickD wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

[quote]MickD wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

They were held to a higher standard. They were fired. The officer wasn’t jumping in front of the car to stop it. He was throwing something in the path of the vehicle to puncture the tires.
[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that that was what he was doing. He chose a very bad time to do it. In essence, he created his own occupational hazard. I hope he didn’t sustain any life threatening or long-term injuries but it wasn’t a smart thing to do, brave yes, but not smart.
I know they were fired as they deserved to be for what they did.
I guess what I mean by higher standard is that situations like these(the police assaulting people) are avoided altogether b/c police understand what their role is and isn’t.

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

[quote]MickD wrote:

[quote]MickD wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That’s good that you know that about yourself.
And if I may extrapolate on your post; you know you couldn’t be a cop b/c you could be brutal in a situation like that, and you know that being brutal in a situation like that is the wrong thing to do. Yes? No?
[/quote]

You’re beating a dead horse. Yes, the police should be held to higher standards. Is it wrong for the police to be brutal in the case that you posted. Yes, it’s wrong for the police to beat unconscious civilians.

If those five people weren’t police officers, but just normal people in a neighborhood and some idiot had just tried to run down their friend or family member, I don’t think that a jury of their peers would have convicted them for kicking his ass, nor would I agree that they would be fired from their jobs.

[quote]MickD wrote:
If those five people weren’t police officers, but just normal people in a neighborhood and some idiot had just tried to run down their friend or family member, I don’t think that a jury of their peers would have convicted them for kicking his ass, nor would I agree that they would be fired from their jobs.[/quote]
Situations are entirely different. Police are trained how to react in high-stress situations.
While I wouldn’t agree with it, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were found guilty in a criminal/civil court in the US.
I hate both sides of these situations. I don’t like that people do stupid shit like this, and I don’t like cops for beating them. And I really don’t like when people talk as if they don’t have any right because of what they’re doing.
You cannot label people as outlaws as you see fit.

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

[quote]MickD wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

[quote]MickD wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that that was what he was doing. He chose a very bad time to do it. In essence, he created his own occupational hazard. I hope he didn’t sustain any life threatening or long-term injuries but it wasn’t a smart thing to do, brave yes, but not smart.
I know they were fired as they deserved to be for what they did.
I guess what I mean by higher standard is that situations like these(the police assaulting people) are avoided altogether b/c police understand what their role is and isn’t.[/quote]

Oh, bullshit! That asshole swerved his car and tried to kill him. You can train people to react to many different situations, but you’ll never know how they will react until confronted with a real world situation. I’ve seen people in my life that I thought were gung ho kick ass mother fuckers, who have frozen or been less that decisive in actual events.

There is no way to know if a cop will go ape shit crazy when some dickhead tries to run down his friend until it really happens. These guys did and were dealt with accordingly.

Yeah I agree with all you guys. Woman think they can slap cop or men on their face, attack them and get away with it just because they are women. They think it’s their right because they are women. I aint slapping a women because she said some vulgar thing so why can
she do it I say they need to get a good beating at least once in their life so they stop being a threat. An attacker is an attacker.

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

[quote]MickD wrote:
If those five people weren’t police officers, but just normal people in a neighborhood and some idiot had just tried to run down their friend or family member, I don’t think that a jury of their peers would have convicted them for kicking his ass, nor would I agree that they would be fired from their jobs.[/quote]
Situations are entirely different. Police are trained how to react in high-stress situations.
While I wouldn’t agree with it, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were found guilty in a criminal/civil court in the US.
I hate both sides of these situations. I don’t like that people do stupid shit like this, and I don’t like cops for beating them. And I really don’t like when people talk as if they don’t have any right because of what they’re doing.
You cannot label people as outlaws as you see fit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlaw[/quote]

I’m not a police officer. I can label people any way I see fit.