T Nation

Triumvirate Praise and Template Question

Sorry, this may be lengthy. Before I ask my question I felt I had to say that the triumvirate is one of the best templates in existence and in my opinion, one of the most underrated. I work in an extremely dangerous field within law enforcement and that template gave me a solid foundation of strength. I have come a long way and in my 40's have been invited to try out for a specialized team. I can't say enough about you're programs.

Jim I don't know if this has been addressed, I don't spend a lot of time on the internet. I bought 5/3/1 and beyond 5/3/1 and usually answer my questions from the books. However, I stumbled on building the monolith and love how it's set up: pressing twice a week. Most will disagree with me but I think the press is a better lift then the bench and more important as well. Is there a way to set up a template similarly where I'm pressing twice a week but using more of a standard 5/3/1 template? The reason I ask, I want to press twice a week but I still need to do a decent amount of conditioning for work. I was thinking:
Monday:
Squat: 5/3/1
Press: 5/3/1
Accessories (maybe dips/chins)

Wednesday:
Deadlift: 5/3/1
Bench: 5/3/1
Accessories

Friday:
Squats
Press....not sure what I should do as far as percentages for squats/presses this day. Like I said, I want to press and squat twice a week but want less volume than building the monolith so I can keep my conditioning for work. Any info would be greatly appreciated.