Triple Total Training

Anyone done this for a cutting workout? I’m not worried about losing the fat rapidly as my diet and cardio are in order, I’m more worried about retaining LBM. Is this a good workout to do? Any additions or alternatives?

I don’t know that routine but can tell you that in a cutting phase you need to go heavy with lower reps, not go to failure and use your strenght as a barometer of muscle gain/loss. It’s that simple.

I would think that Hybrid Hypertrophy or SFM would be better when combined with proper cardio and a hypocaloric diet. I am not sure if it makes any difference though.

I definitely think the max strength focus is ultimately the most important but volume is lower in the HH program, which will allow to the work closer to RM.
Unless I am trying to strategically deplete, I stay away from high rep stuff because net glycogen balance will be negative anyway.

I am very interested in anectdotal experiences with Waterbury’s programs during cutting.

CW has posted that TTT and “The Next Big Three” are better suited for those who want to get leaner.

SFM, ABBH and others are not suitable for getting lean.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
CW has posted that TTT and “The Next Big Three” are better suited for those who want to get leaner.

SFM, ABBH and others are not suitable for getting lean.[/quote]

why SFM is “not” suitable for getting lean?

this program can help you “at least” maintaining strength during dieting period, which is important as many coaches believe.

also, during dieting, your energy level is lowered, and the volume of SFM is low enough that it won’t put the size on, so i don’t think it’s too stressful to do while dieting.

As CW has stated (and from my own experience), it is quite stressful on the CNS, thus trying to diet or doing additional cardio will break you down a lot quicker than you think.

anyone have a link to TTT? I have been trying to find it for two days now!

http://t-nation.com/readTopic.do;?id=476508

Little tip to help you all with any search. If you know who the Author is do a search in the Authors section and that narrows the search WAY donw and makes the reach fruition much quicker.

Hope that helps,
Phill