Triple Hernia Repair Recovery

Ok… i just had a triple hernia repair. 2 with patches on either side of my groin and on in my navel with just a suture. I do not want this to be the end of my weightlifting. I don’t want to say yeah my intestines are staying in but the rest of me just looks like crap. Can anyone direct me to a place where i can design a recovery schedule to get back in the gym?

I’ve had 7 hernias repaired, 4 at once the last time. You’ll get little pains for a while but they eventually go away. Just be a little patient, you’ll be surprised how fast you’ll recover. No way will this end your lifting career.

[quote]budewij wrote:
I’ve had 7 hernias repaired, 4 at once the last time. You’ll get little pains for a while but they eventually go away. Just be a little patient, you’ll be surprised how fast you’ll recover. No way will this end your lifting career.[/quote]

After the first couple you didn’t wise up?

I hope I’ve wised up since then, but I doubt it. Never was able to attribute them to a specific event. Last surgery was 8 years or so ago, shortly after I started training but I had symptoms before that.

Just had one repaired on my left groin, surgery was last Friday. I have had two before, both for incisonal hernias from gall bladder surgery. I am going to take the recovery nice and slow and then hit the gym again. Doc says to take roughly six weeks off and then I should be good to go.

ok now i know i might sound like an idiot for asking this but what is hurnia? and how do u get it?. is it from lifting stuff with your back or not breathing properly? one more thing my real dad has gone through surgery for hurnia is it like a genetic thing?

-look at what im wearin folks, do you think i got were i am today cause i dress like peter pan over there!? forget about it!