T Nation

Triple H routine??

I know before you all say it JUICE OMG.

I know. I don't need to hear it. But I was wondering about this routine is it actually any good for training with for either cutting or bulking???

Day 1- Chest(heavy day)

Incline bench presses. 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Flat Bench presses 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Dumbbell Presses 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Lateral raises or upright rows 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Tricep Pushdowns 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Day 2- Back, Biceps, Legs (Light)

Wide grip pulldowns- 2-4 sets of 12-15

Dumbbell Rows- 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps

Hyperextensions- 1-2 sets of 12-15 reps

Dumbbell curls- 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps

Barbell curls. 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps

Leg extensions 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps

Legs curls 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Calf raises. 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Triple H Workout Routine Day 3 (Light Day)

Incline Bench presses 2-4 sets. 12-15 reps

Flat-bench presses 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps

Dumbbell bench press 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps

Lateral raises/ or upright rows- 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps

Tricep pushdowns 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps

Lying tricep extensions.. 2-4 sets of 12-15 reps

Day 4 (Heavy Day)

Wide grip pulldowns 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Dumbbell rows 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Hyper extensions 1-2 sets of 10-15 reps

Dumbbell curls 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Barbell curls 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Leg extensions 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Leg presses 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Leg curls 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Calf raises 2-4 sets of 6-10 reps

I don't know what to make of it... I feel there's too much in one day.

Where're squats and deads?????

You have to understand that the way he trains now if very different than when he was actually competing in amateur BBing contests when he was younger. He has to keep a certain degree of size, yet also realize that he's running around a wrestling ring most nights of the week, and if he were insanely sore and depleted from deads, or squats, I doubt he'd be able to perform his job. That said,... I'm sure when he takes long periods of time off (as most top tier guys occasionally do), he returns more to his 'roots' if it were.

S

Ah yeah I didn't think man. I suppose this is a good routine for anyone in sports like wrestling or MMA?

Because Squats and Deads are not as necessary as everyone on this site makes them out to be. Do you know how many great bodybuilders don't do them? And the quick answer is "well omg bro they did but don't anymore" ... and while that may be the case for some, there are others who don't ever use them. I think what happens too often is people on this site know so little about the human body that it distorts their view of training. This may be hard to wrap your head around but the body recognizes TENSION more so than weight or the specific lift you are doing. Obviously some exercises create more tension and so on but it's the tension on the muscle and the fibers that the body recognizes and must adapt to. The last thing these WWE guys need is an injury from squatting or dead lifting. Not many guys on this site look half as good as Triple H so I think we should just assume he knows what works for his body and what he is doing.

Brilliant message. Good to hear that it's not all about deads and squats.

Thank you.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but my message wasn't meant to take a shot at you or your question. Just the many followers on the site who don't know shit and every post is "squat and milk durrrrrrr"

Hah I get you man.

No I wasn't being sarcastic because when I first began training my back workout would include pullups, bent over rows and hyperextensions so I should have known realistically. But I'd still squat just do it light to prevent risk of injury;.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, squatting is great and I sure do recommend it. But it's not the end all be all to getting big as many think

I's like to know how he went from the 1997-early 99 body to "The Game" body.

As in the game WWF War Zone and Attitude to hell, Wrestlemania 2000 for a better time reference.

and has anyone seen a diested Mark Hanry?

So overall is it a good workout?

It's a good workout for HIM, at this particular point in HIS development.

S

You cant just take someone elses routine and expect to look like them. Thats not how it works. Their is no difference in a bulking or cutting routine. What works..works. If your interested in bodybuilding, I would suggest your read "The Bodybuilding Bible" thread by Bricknyce. Its a very good starting point and is basically what every big guy on here does.

I'm currently cutting and it doesn't really give you an outline on cutting... can I keep my levels 40/40/20??

This prob isn't the answer you are looking for but again it is different for everyone. If you are losing weight, maintaining strength, and muscle then yes stick with it. If that isn't happening or you have stalled then you need to change it. Every diet will have points where you need to make adjustments based on your body and your progress.

you should post your diet, and have some people critique it. that would be much simpler then posting a macro nutrient ratio.

Meal 1 - 4 Whole eggs. 1/2 cup oats. Fish Oil caps.
Meal 2 - Tin Of Tuna. Two Pieces whole bread/Whole pitta.
Meal 3 - Chicken, Lettuce, Cucumber, 1/4cup rice.
Pre workout - Apple. Something to work on.
Meal 4 - 32g Protein Shake
Meal 5 - 1 Chicken Breast, 1/4 cup rice. Broccoli, peas, cauliflower. 1tbsp peanut butter.
Meal 6 - 32g Protein Shake. 1 tbsp peanut butter.
Meal 7 - Cottage Cheese. 1 cup. 1/4 Avacado.

I'm currently 5"9. And weigh around 184, I will check in the morning on an empty stomach.
Body fat around 16-20%

I train 3 times a week... Pull, Legs and Push days..

I was considering either changing to the one on Bodybuilding bible or a HIT routine. Any tips?

I didn't take the time to add up protein, but I'm sure you could increase it slightly, a good spot to add some would be the pre workout meal. How well do you handle carbs?

Do you have time to train more than three times per week? I would recommend at least four but that's my personal opinion.

I can do 4 but I mean Mon, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday or Mon,Wed,Fri,Sat?

And I don't have carbs after like 7 so I'm fine.

I'm 16 btw so I can eat quite a lot and get away with it...

How much cardio on top of a four day routine? and should I construct it like, Back/Biceps, Chest/Triceps, Legs/Abs and Shoulders? Or Heavy Upper, Light lower, Light upper, Heavy lower style training?

Advice man :slightly_smiling:

Any idea what your total numbers are? It doesn't sound like much, even though your bf% is a little high...

S