T Nation

Tricep Tendonitis

Wenever I straighten my Arm I feel a pain at the end of my trixep near the ekbow
I just ordered a bottle of Flameout. Is there anything else I. Can. Do to speed up the process

Massage.
Ibuprofen to calm down the inflammation.

Let it settle down for a week or two.

Stop doing skull crushers. Train smarter. Warm up better

I’m going to start calling Behind the Neck Presses skull crushers from now on.

I starting seeing double as I was banging them out, and almost dropped the barbell on my head. I caught just in time for it to tap my head instead of smacking into it.

Another reason to not do behind the neck presses haha.

[quote]ridethecliche wrote:
I’m going to start calling Behind the Neck Presses skull crushers from now on.

I starting seeing double as I was banging them out, and almost dropped the barbell on my head. I caught just in time for it to tap my head instead of smacking into it.

Another reason to not do behind the neck presses haha. [/quote]

A skull crusher is nothing remotely close to a behind the neck press. You cant call an orange an ‘apple’ just because you want to. A behind the neck press is a seated military press where you bring the bar down behind your head. A skull crusher aka lying french press is a triceps movement.

I was making a joke because the behind the neck press almost crushed my skull…

Self deprecation, no?

[quote]ridethecliche wrote:
I was making a joke because the behind the neck press almost crushed my skull…

Self deprecation, no?[/quote]

My mistake. I understand your post now.

Haha, all good.

In retrospect, I should have specified that it was a joke so that anyone who didn’t know wouldn’t actually get confused.

thanks for the help. i never do skull crushers. should i keep working through it or should i take a week or 2 off from pushing excersises

If your elbow acts up on ALL pushing exercises than you may need to take time off and rehab the injury. Chronic inflammation will not get better until the inflmatation subsides. A combination of rest, ice/heat therapy, and NSAIDs is the typical recommendation. You must also buy properly fitting elbow sleeves to keep the joint warm while lifting.

There are many threads on the topic of rehabing inflamed tendons.

If there are certain movements that don’t aggravate the tendons than do those. If you take a week or two off and find that it doesn’t improve or the pain returns you should get it checked out to make sure theres no structural damage

ya im gonna give it a week and do some pulling excersises and just hit squats twice this week. thanks for the help. but does anyone have a link to any good pre workout warmups so i can get my body warmed up so im not stiff during my workout?