Tricep Lateral Head

What exercises do I do to develop the lateral head of the triceps?

reverse grip bench press

behind neck exts.

any type of triceps exercise.

Decline close-grip bench press.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
any type of triceps exercise.[/quote]

what do you mean?

[quote]CPerfringens wrote:
Decline close-grip bench press.[/quote]

I find that these hit more the medial and long heads.

Do them with arms 90° from your trunk, like a T.

I just finished 1 month doing these with 185 for ~25 total reps, the lateral head of my triceps responded very well.

In theory: Any bench-variation with elbows flared out… In practice: I’ve never managed to truly emphasize that area…

#Edit: make that most presses with elbows out…

Exercises with Elbows further than hands

and pushdowns with Palms down

[quote]Player wrote:
What exercises do I do to develop the lateral head of the triceps?[/quote]

Curious-- are the other heads of your triceps over developed relative to the lateral head? Are your arms of sufficient size/strength that it even matters?

I thought that Charles Poliquin has said that the load will determine the level of lateral head involvement. I have a copy of Muscle meets magnet, but not in Iraq.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Player wrote:
What exercises do I do to develop the lateral head of the triceps?

Curious-- are the other heads of your triceps over developed relative to the lateral head? Are your arms of sufficient size/strength that it even matters?[/quote]

Actually my arms are pretty big, thank you… This questions was made because of program design. But I do understand the nature of your question… I also felt like I needed to have more choices as for tricep workouts.

honestly any type of tricep movement will develop triceps unless you have preeeettty good triced development that it actually matters.

Try this.

Grab the typical cable row handle (close grip) Attach it to an overhead pulley. Place hands palms down on it and then do apressdown movement with it.

Pick a weight that is controllable or you will mess up your wrists. 12-15 reps will do it. You don’t feel much but at the end of the exercise you have a MEAN pump in the outer portion of the tri’s. I’d do it after other ‘HEAVY’ tri exercises. It’s more of a ‘finisher’ type of exercise.

DG

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
honestly any type of tricep movement will develop triceps unless you have preeeettty good triced development that it actually matters.

Try this.

Grab the typical cable row handle (close grip) Attach it to an overhead pulley. Place hands palms down on it and then do apressdown movement with it. Pick a weight that is controllable or you will mess up your wrists. 12-15 reps will do it.

You don’t feel much but at the end of the exercise you have a MEAN pump in the outer portion of the tri’s. I’d do it after other ‘HEAVY’ tri exercises. It’s more of a ‘finisher’ type of exercise.

DG[/quote]

Seems interesting, I welcome any type of effective exercise suggestion, not only for the lateral head bur for the tricep in general, anything that shows results.