Tricep/Elbow Tendonitis

about two years ago I broke my right elbow playing lacrosse. The pain was incredible for a few days then subsided. Ever since it has been a bit more sensitive then the rest of me and at times the pain will flair up. This happened last week on tricep day. It got so bad that I had to cut the workout short. The pain radiated out up the tricep and down the forearm.

It has since subsided but my question is could this be tendonitis? The doctor (2 years ago) said that this would heal fine and there should be no problem with the bone. However I never thought to ask him about the soft tissue and if that would be affected. The strike that I took in that game was hard and I didn’t have any pads on the elbow (I’m defense we don’t use elbow pads).

Could tendonitis be the reason for the pain and if so what should I do?

1. Don’t self-diagnose. See a doctor.

2. Take some time off from direct tricep work

3. Avoid what flares it up.

4. Ice after each workout for 20 minutes (only if painful after a workout).

5. Start taking fish oil capsules daily. This is like a miracle in the way it has alleviated my bursitis issue.

I have bad elbows too, so I would also suggest:

1. Apply Icy-Hot before your workouts.

2. Elbow sleeves/wraps.

Also, read this: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1270397

It was very helpful to me.

Tendonitis pain wouldn’t start in your tricep for most overuse cases. It would be just inside (tennis elbow) or outside (golf elbow) the elbow. Your case sounds different however so like IronDwarf said, see a doctor!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

1. Don’t self-diagnose. See a doctor.

2. Take some time off from direct tricep work

3. Avoid what flares it up.

4. Ice after each workout for 20 minutes (only if painful after a workout).

5. Start taking fish oil capsules daily. This is like a miracle in the way it has alleviated my bursitis issue.

[/quote]

ditto
with the added when you can train try different exercises. I have found that one will kill my tendons and others will only pump the muscle. scull crushers are a tendons killer I hear to most but I like’m