T Nation

Tribulus vs. Tongkat Ali

Been Taking tongkat ali extract 1:50 400 mg straight from Malasia supposedly the purest most potent!

I followed their dosage & cycling recommends for increasing testosterone & increasing sex drive/libido which is 6-400 mg capsules.

The first 2 days I noticed an aching in my testes (it was a good ache I might add) signs of increased libido & therefore I assume I was hopefully producing more Testosterone!!

After the first cycle/week…Nothing???

As for Tribulis…I can’t truly say I notice much of anything!!!

Again…I have been taking pure & highly regarded sources of both!!

How come the tongkat ali worked wonders the 1st time only & now nothing, even though I am cycling 5 days on…3 days off?

Lucky

Don’t know much about your Malaysian cocktail, but I really don’t think you are supposed to [i]feel[/i] anything from a tribulus product. As for why you felt something at first but don’t anymore, that’s perfectly normal with just about anything. Honestly HRX is the only product that the effects don’t diminish with time (besides crack and heroin that is). Hell even with Meth and E you start to develop a slight tolerance over time.

Ive actually had the same near effect with Alpha Male man its like I can honestly feel my heartbeat in my junk. it may not be GONE it simply may be your used to the sensation and no longer notice it like you did when the feeling was something new.

Phill

All the research I’ve seen on Tongkat
Ali says it is a extremely powerfull libido/testosterone booster. They say your sex drive goes thru the roof!

At first I bought it for the testosterone boost & then I thought increased animal like libido would be fun also!

It definitely boosted my libido for 2 days and maybe my testosterone production…but only for 2 days!

I was wondering if anyone know why! It’s definitely not because I got used to it! It only worked for 2 days!

I’m wondering if it’s just me?
I keep remembering reading reviews from men in their 70’s extatic about their newfound Testoterone boost and increased sex drive1

just taking a guess here…but maybe your T wasnt all that low to begin with .

do you know what it was ?

I did 2 bottles of Tongkat a while back…thought I noticed a labido increase after the first week or so ,but lasting the remainder of the supply . I put on about 5 pounds during that time , without changing diet . dont know if that related to the Tongkat or not .my T tested at 420 as of last spring…not sure about now

I’m planning on a couple more bottles starting in late January or February .

[quote]luckyluciano wrote:
Been Taking tongkat ali extract 1:50 400 mg straight from Malasia supposedly the purest most potent!

I followed their dosage & cycling recommends for increasing testosterone & increasing sex drive/libido which is 6-400 mg capsules.

The first 2 days I noticed an aching in my testes (it was a good ache I might add) signs of increased libido & therefore I assume I was hopefully producing more Testosterone!!

How come the tongkat ali worked wonders the 1st time only & now nothing, even though I am cycling 5 days on…3 days off?

Lucky[/quote]

Tribulas and tongkat ali both work to increase natural test levels albeit through different pathways. Tribulas boosts the production of test from the testes through increased LH from the pituitary gland.

Tong kat ali lowers sex hormone binding globulin therefore allowing higher levels of free testosterone, the good kind. When there are high levels of SHGB it will bind to testosterone rendering it bound and useless. Tong kat also helps boost sex function through a positive stimulation of the metabolic tissues associated with sex function.

The strongest doses of both are found in Alpha Male along with Vitex a potent pro lactin inhibitor and Carbolin 19 a potent muscle builder.

As far as the aching in your balls that is a mystery as the function of trib and tong kat take at least a week for the increased test production it doesn’t happen immediately upon taking it.

D

[quote]marlboroman wrote:
labido [/quote]

Is that near the labia???

Is an increase in libido related to increase in Testosterone Production?

Is an increase in libido related to increase in Testosterone Production?[/quote]

Testosterone does contribute to increased sex drive, but there are other factors involved as well. So, if your test production goes up you may well get hornier, but if you don’t, again, there could be other factors contributing including psychological.

D

Lucky[/quote]

You probably didn’t know this, but Biotest’s Alpha Male contains highly concentrated Tongkat Ali (also known as Eurycoma) from Malaysia. That, combined with Vitex, Carbolin-19, and Tribulus is an awesome combination.

Yes I did know and was wondering which worked better…TRIBEX Gold or Alpha Male for increasing libido AND increasing testosterone as well as building muscle! Lucky!

my wife loves it when i take TRIBEX :slight_smile:
i respond well to it.

TC,

Out of curiosity, since Biotest updates the Alpha Male formula from time to time, do you know if it’s scheduled to be updated/changed/improved anytime soon? Always just curious to see what you guys cook up next . . .

Thanks.

[quote]TC wrote:
luckyluciano wrote:

Lucky

You probably didn’t know this, but Biotest’s Alpha Male contains highly concentrated Tongkat Ali (also known as Eurycoma) from Malaysia. That, combined with Vitex, Carbolin 19-19, and Tribulus is an awesome combination.

[/quote]

Is inhibiting prolactin the main function that vitex plays?

Thanks.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
luckyluciano wrote:

Lucky

Tribulas and tongkat ali both work to increase natural test levels albeit through different pathways. Tribulas boosts the production of test from the testes through increased LH from the pituitary gland.

Tong kat ali lowers sex hormone binding globulin therefore allowing higher levels of free testosterone, the good kind. When there are high levels of SHGB it will bind to testosterone rendering it bound and useless. Tong kat also helps boost sex function through a positive stimulation of the metabolic tissues associated with sex function.

The strongest doses of both are found in Alpha Male along with Vitex a potent pro lactin inhibitor and Carbolin 19 a potent muscle builder.

As far as the aching in your balls that is a mystery as the function of trib and tong kat take at least a week for the increased test production it doesn’t happen immediately upon taking it.

D [/quote]

Damici, I am just lifting this from the article that TC wrote which I am sure you have already read, but I would have to say yes, one of the main functions:

Vitex also works as an LHS, but it also acts as an anti-progesterone and anti-prolactin agent, lowering progesterone and prolactin. Progesterone and prolactin are particularly nasty hormones, in that they cause ? much more than estrogen ? storage of body fat and mental depression. Prolactin can even cause lactation in men. And, by lowering progesterone and prolactin ? just like lowering estrogen ? you’ll increase Testosterone through various feedback mechanisms.

D

About all these t boosting supplements. I have yet to try one that works. I’m 30, heavy built, never had a problem gaining weight or gaining muscles. I’m more of an endomorph and a little bit of mesomorph and not by any way would I be classified as ectomorph. I develop bitch tits easily when gaining just a little bit of weight. I did blood tests once four years ago and I have normal T levels and above normal estrogen levels.

Anyway… These are my symptoms from Tribulus:

water retention
aggression
bitch tits
acne on back
MUCH less libido than normal

So it means I increase the estrogen levels more than my testosterone levels.

When I stop Tribulus:

less water retention
HUGE increase of libido
HUGE increase of general well-being

Now isn’t that fucked up?

funmetal

[quote]funmetal wrote:
About all these t boosting supplements. I have yet to try one that works. I’m 30, heavy built, never had a problem gaining weight or gaining muscles. I’m more of an endomorph and a little bit of mesomorph and not by any way would I be classified as ectomorph. I develop bitch tits easily when gaining just a little bit of weight. I did blood tests once four years ago and I have normal T levels and above normal estrogen levels.

Anyway… These are my symptoms from Tribulus:

water retention
aggression
bitch tits
acne on back
MUCH less libido than normal

So it means I increase the estrogen levels more than my testosterone levels.

When I stop Tribulus:

less water retention
HUGE increase of libido
HUGE increase of general well-being

Now isn’t that fucked up?

funmetal[/quote]

im not saying that there isnt some physiological basis for this… but unless you were eating Tribulus like it was candy, I just dont see it giving you gyno. That’d suggest a nice sized spike in estrogen OR a huge spike in T that later resulsted in aromatization. Either way… this is Tribulus we’re talkin about here not halodrol or dbol!

I’ve eaten the shit like skittles and not seen much. What brand/dosages were you taking?

Well, this time I’ve taken 5-6 days off of Tongkat Ali! instead of 3 days! Let’s see what happens! Looking forward to teeth clenching libido increases again!

Lucky

Does TRIBEX really rival pro-hormones like they advertize. I believe pro-hormones were very powerfull & all tribulus and tongkat ali I have tried have been disappointing!

Is this claim just marketing/hype?

Lucky

Does TRIBEX really rival pro-hormones like they advertize. I believe pro-hormones were very powerfull & all tribulus and tongkat ali I have tried have been disappointing!

Is this claim just marketing/hype?

Lucky[/quote]

nothing 100% natural is going to rival pro-hormone/steroid use, its just as simple as that. if anything at all even came close it’d be the most sought after supplement on earth.