Tribulus Side Effects? I Have Noticed....

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
ddoll,What exactly are you taking? And how much? [/quote]

I am taking Blugarian Tribulus,It is an import.
I got online to there site and it said nothing about girls not taking it… but Idk what to do I am talking to a guy here about it though.

I wa taking 2 in the morning 2 at night but now I am taking 1 in the morning 1 mid afternoon.

But no joke this crap makes you freaking horney its not even funny I will be sitting in class then whoosh there this sudden urge to… well yea you knnow…
its crazy!!!

[quote]deadliftingdoll wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
ddoll,What exactly are you taking? And how much?

I am taking Blugarian Tribulus,It is an import.
I got online to there site and it said nothing about girls not taking it… but Idk what to do I am talking to a guy here about it though.

I wa taking 2 in the morning 2 at night but now I am taking 1 in the morning 1 mid afternoon.

But no joke this crap makes you freaking horney its not even funny I will be sitting in class then whoosh there this sudden urge to… well yea you knnow…
its crazy!!!
[/quote]

ooh…you freaky…cough yeah,just back off of it a bit. As a man,tribulus can give me crazy insomnia and headaches outside of its “regular” effects. Do you know the actual milligrams,concentrate percentage,etc of each serving?? What else are you taking??

I know its awful IM going to hell lol
200mg of trib extract, I take Whey , Creatine, Atlarge multi plus, Fish oil, Amino acids, and sometimes Redline if I NEED an energy burst.

Sweetie try this for a while:

1. Do not take anything imported unless you have a 100% gaurantee you know what you are buying and ingesting.

2. If you are not eating 6-8 meals now, try boosting that up to that meal frequency.

3. Increase protein to 2 grams per kg of bodyweight. Eat more natural protein, animal, sources as oppose to pills. The body recognizes and responds to natural foods more readily than pills and powders.

4. Get to bed by 9:30-10 p.m. daily.

5. Try to schedule your training between late morning or no later than 4 p.m.Do not train after 6 p.m. Anytime closer to sundown will stimulate your natural circadian rhythm to produce less cortisol and prepare for HGH and testosterone production during REM sleep phase.

6. Try to have a small but complete meal approximately 2 hours prior to your workout to rpovide energy for your workout. Leave the Redline alone to give your adrenals and nervous system a much need break.

7. A fish oil cap after each meal is fine. Creatine immediately after training is fine with a post-exercise shake is fine if you can not get a complete meal in you at the time. Also, you may want to research then invest in digestive enzymes.

Think about it then try these suggestions for about a month and tell me how you feel.

[quote]Truet wrote:
Sweetie try this for a while:

1. Do not take anything imported unless you have a 100% gaurantee you know what you are buying and ingesting.

2. If you are not eating 6-8 meals now, try boosting that up to that meal frequency.

3. Increase protein to 2 grams per kg of bodyweight. Eat more natural protein, animal, sources as oppose to pills. The body recognizes and responds to natural foods more readily than pills and powders.

4. Get to bed by 9:30-10 p.m. daily.

5. Try to schedule your training between late morning or no later than 4 p.m.Do not train after 6 p.m. Anytime closer to sundown will stimulate your natural circadian rhythm to produce less cortisol and prepare for HGH and testosterone production during REM sleep phase.

6. Try to have a small but complete meal approximately 2 hours prior to your workout to rpovide energy for your workout. Leave the Redline alone to give your adrenals and nervous system a much need break.

7. A fish oil cap after each meal is fine. Creatine immediately after training is fine with a post-exercise shake is fine if you can not get a complete meal in you at the time. Also, you may want to research then invest in digestive enzymes.

Think about it then try these suggestions for about a month and tell me how you feel.

[/quote]

Alright thanks!! I will!

truet wrote this:

1. Try to schedule your training between late morning or no later than 4 p.m.Do not train after 6 p.m. Anytime closer to sundown will stimulate your natural circadian rhythm to produce less cortisol and prepare for HGH and testosterone production during REM sleep phase.

Forgive my ignorance, but is this bad? I ask because i lift when i get home from work at around 5:30 PM

According to research relating to circadian rhythms and similar information written by paul Chek and Charles Poliquin and such, you should try to workout between 3 and 11 hours of waking up. Reason being your body is preparing to wind down so stress hormones are leveling off to a decline until you go to sleep and HGH and testosterone begin to elevate until stress in the form of sunshine wakes you up again to start the new day.

NOW, if you have been training around the same time all your lifting life this small change will probably throw you off because you are so accustomed to the routine you have set for yourself as far as the time you train and the length of your workouts. So, for you if you are not affected by high levels of external stressors, you are eating 5-8 meals a day, getting the right amount of protein-carbs-fat with each meal, and getting the proper amount of uninterupted sleep each night my suggestion to you is do not change a thing.

Ever since I started taking this product I have felt warm… temp wise… but I don’t actually have a temp. Has anyone ever experienced this and if so do you know what could be causing it?

I am even having trouble sleeping… should I not take it?
[/quote]

It depends on what brand you were taking. Beware of the ones that say, “not meant for women.”

You may have experienced a slight “hot flash,” which can be a result from a slight increase of testosterone or a slight decrease in estrogen. Also, you may have taken a brand that contains a stimulent, such as caffeine. I have done my research on natural testosterone boosters and have taken a couple of them myself. Some of them will make you pimply, since acne is a result of an increase of testosterone. Also, those pills will get more horny than normal, which isn’t a bad thing at all. LOL.

Can you please elaborate on those “hot flashes” you’ve been having?

-BP

What is Tribulus?
Other Names: Puncture vine

Tribulus terrestris is a herb that has been used in the traditional medicine of China and India for centuries.

In the mid-1990s, tribulus terrestris became known in North America after Eastern European Olympic athletes said that taking tribulus helped their performance.

The active compounds in tribulus are called steroidal saponins. Two types, called furostanol glycosides and spirostanol glycosides, appear to be involved with the effects of tribulus. These saponins are found primarily in the leaf.

Why Do People Use Tribulus?
Tribulus is most often used for infertility, erectile dysfunction, and low libido. In the last decade, it has become popular to improve sports performance.

Tribulus has been marketed these conditions because research performed in Bulgaria and Russia indicates that tribulus increases levels of the hormones testosterone (by increasing luteinizing hormone), DHEA, and estrogen. The design of these research studies, however, has been questioned.

A more recent study found that four weeks of tribulus supplements (at 10 to 20 milligrams per kg of body weight daily) had no effect on male sex hormones testosterone, androstenedione, or luteinizing hormone compared to people who did not take tribulus.

Erectile Dysfunction
Preliminary animal studies found that tribulus heightened sexual behavior and increased intracavernous pressure. This was attributed to increases in testosterone. There haven’t been any well-designed human studies to confirm these early findings.

Body Composition and Exercise Performance
Although tribulus has become popular as a sports performance aid, one small but well-designed study found it has no effect on body composition or exercise performance. Fifteen subjects were randomly assigned to tribulus (3.21 mg per kg body weight daily) or a placebo.

After eight weeks with resistance training, there were no changes in body weight, percentage fat, dietary intake, or mood in either group. What was surprising was that muscle endurance actually improved more in the placebo group. Muscle endurance (determined by the maximum number of repetitions at 100 to 200% of body weight) increased for the bench and leg presses in the placebo group. The tribulus group experienced an increase in leg press strength only.

Dosage
Tribulus terrestris is often taken at a dose between 85 to 250 mg three times daily, with meals.

Safety
Pregnant or nursing women should not use tribulus.

An increase in breast size (called gynaecomastia) in a young male weight trainer was reported after he took a herbal tablet containing tribulus.

People with hormone-dependent conditions, such as breast or prostate cancer, should not use tribulus.

Tribulus terrestris has a toxic effect in sheep. It has been found to cause a chronic, progressive, irreversible disorder in the dopamine circuits of the nigrostriatal complex in the brain, resulting in impaired muscle function and weakness in the hindquarters, eventually leading to death.

Sources
Antonio J et al. “The effects of Tribulus terrestris on body composition and exercise performance in resistance-trained males”. International Journal of Sport Nutrition & Exercise Metabolism. 10.2 (2000):208-15.

Bourke CA. “A novel nigrostriatal dopaminergic disorder in sheep affected by Tribulus terrestris staggers”. Research in Veterinary Science. 43.3 (1987):347-50.

Gauthaman K et al. “Sexual effects of puncturevine (Tribulus terrestris) extract (protodioscin): an evaluation using a rat model”. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 9.2 (2003):237-65.

Gauthaman K et al. “Aphrodisiac properties of Tribulus Terrestris extract (Protodioscin) in normal and castrated rats”. Life Sciences. 71.12 (2002):1385-96.

Jameel JK et al. Gynaecomastia and the plant product “Tribulis terrestris”. Breast. 13.5 (2004):428-30.

J Ethnopharmacol. 2005 Oct 3;101(1-3):319-23. Links Neychev VK and Mitev VI. The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 101.1-3 (2005):319-23.

Phillips OA et al. “Antihypertensive and vasodilator effects of methanolic and aqueous extracts of Tribulus terrestris in rats”. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 104.3 (2006):351-5.

cheeta wrote:
Tribulus only boostes your natural test levels (as has been pointed out before) The only thing I notice while taking it is that my sex drive is higher than normally, and I wont complain about that. Not sure why you feel warm… unless its warm and tingly. :slight_smile: I see no reason for why not to take it, its not illegal and it will not boost your test levels enough to make you grow a penis lol. But since you are feeling funny on it its prolly a good idea to lay off for a whyle.

Omg I am glad I am not the only one who noticed that… I have been soo freaking horney since I starting taking it lol

Its not bad I am getting some good… well nevermind.
Um yea I dropped the dose to just one in the mornings and one and night instead of 2 2x a day.
It is actually making me feel better… well feel something but yea I am taking to a nutritionist around here that is helping me out! But yea… its crazy![/quote]

yeah when i took tribulus, the first week i didnt feel anything, but after that, i couldnt get anything done at work cuz i couldnt get the girls i work with off my mind lol

so…when is the right time to start taking tribulus? i feel like taking it now although i dont know if i really need it. my diet isnt completely in order and i could do better sleepwise.

also, i dont know what age is too young for it…should you bother if you’re under 25?

haha well i hope you def dont grow a penis,as we all seen with the wrestler chyna’s sextape it aint pretty lol

but i really doubt it would be that harmful,since even i barely felt that weak shit,and yeah theres nothing wrong with the horny side effects in that case i should slip my girl some =]

also if your bottle didnt say anything about not taking it as a woman you should be in the clear,

take it right when you wake up and then atleast 4-6 before bed

In light of this thread, are there any ways for female weightlifters to increase their testosterone levels with herbs such as (but apparently not) Tribulus? Sort of curious. (Sorry to resurrect a year-old thread.)

Try DHEA. It’s not herbal, but it’s cheap and available in health and nutrition stores.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Try DHEA. It’s not herbal, but it’s cheap and available in health and nutrition stores.[/quote]

It’s also illegal if you are under WADA drug protocols, FYI.

I originally responded to this post quite some time ago. Since then, I’ve begun taking tribulus. I don’t use the Biotest one. I buy it locally. I think I’ve been taking it since May and there is no hint of cock growth. I’m a bit disappointed.

Despite this, I’ve had good results. I’ve added a lot of lean mass since that time. I’ve been lifting a shit ton but I also believe the tribulus has had an impact. In addition, my skin and hair have looked very good. For that alone, I’d risk growing a dick.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
Try DHEA. It’s not herbal, but it’s cheap and available in health and nutrition stores.

It’s also illegal if you are under WADA drug protocols, FYI.[/quote]

I know it can be detected in urine and blood, maybe up to 72 hours. Do they test hair samples?

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:

I know it can be detected in urine and blood, maybe up to 72 hours. Do they test hair samples?
[/quote]

Not yet, haha. Since it’s a natural thing in the blood anyway, I wonder what would cause a red flag.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:

Not yet, haha. Since it’s a natural thing in the blood anyway, I wonder what would cause a red flag.[/quote]

NO but they go by standard levels and sometimes a synthetic shows differently than what is naturally produced. Also, they can come to your door step at any time and request a sample.