TRIBEX for Women?

Would a low dose i.e. 1-2 caps 2x/day be ok for a woman who may be severely lacking in her own natural test production. I recently watched a show where women were recieving actuall test therapy via the patch to bring their levels up to normal. These women, along with my own wife which is why I’m asking this in the first place, had low to non-existent sex drive. They experience great results with the real stuff. Could a supp that would raise their levels up be safe? Please help!!!1

[quote]BrianS wrote:
Would a low dose i.e. 1-2 caps 2x/day be ok for a woman who may be severely lacking in her own natural test production. I recently watched a show where women were recieving actuall test therapy via the patch to bring their levels up to normal. These women, along with my own wife which is why I’m asking this in the first place, had low to non-existent sex drive. They experience great results with the real stuff. Could a supp that would raise their levels up be safe? Please help!!!1[/quote]

BrianS,

TRIBEX is not likely to be effective in women as they lack testicles.

I don’t suggest supplementing a female with it.

Hope that helps.

[quote]Cy Willson wrote:
[/quote]

LMAO. Ohh, that was some priceless stuff.

Kuz

[quote]Cy Willson wrote:
BrianS,

Hope that helps.[/quote]

That may have answered his question, but you could have expanded on the issue.

Brian, yes, testosterone therapy does work to increase womens sex drive and it also improves their sense of well being. Now before all you guys start jumping on me about women growing beards, put a sock in it and read on. We are talking about very low dose therapy - some of the numbers I’ve seen are below 10 mg/week.

Unfortunately, the FDA recently denied approval for a testosterone patch because they were concerned with the long term effects of supplemental test on women. My personal opinion is that there was more than a little sexual bias here and a whole lot of the “steroids are bad period” boogie boogie going on here.

Your wife should talk to her doctor or find one she can talk to about this as it could really improve both your lives. Men are prescibed HRT all the time to improve their performance. They should give the same options to women.

That’s my opinion as a menopausal female who is experienceing the joys or hormonal flux.

[quote]gojira wrote:
Cy Willson wrote:
BrianS,

Hope that helps.

Brian, yes, testosterone therapy does work to increase womens sex drive and it also improves their sense of well being. Now before all you guys start jumping on me about women growing beards, put a sock in it and read on. We are talking about very low dose therapy - some of the numbers I’ve seen are below 10 mg/week.

Unfortunately, the FDA recently denied approval for a testosterone patch because they were concerned with the long term effects of supplemental test on women. My personal opinion is that there was more than a little sexual bias here and a whole lot of the “steroids are bad period” boogie boogie going on here.

Your wife should talk to her doctor or find one she can talk to about this as it could really improve both your lives. Men are prescibed HRT all the time to improve their performance. They should give the same options to women.

That’s my opinion as a menopausal female who is experienceing the joys or hormonal flux.[/quote]

I agree with this. I also wonder how much of this sexual bias is men wanting to hold exclusive ownership of the hormone testosterone. Because, God forbid, women became more powerful and alive and sexual beings in their own right( i.e. not a sexual object riding a bicicle with gigantic shoes on the powerful images).

Read the thread on RED KAT and just imagine if women were to post responses similar to the men’s results,how would that make them feel?..Just a thought.

I personaly did my research on eurycoma long jack and know that female athletes take it for stamina and endurance. Other women take it just as a sexual aid, too. It’s up to the woman to do research and make her own decision. Bear in mind it needn’t be a long term usage, either.

I experimented and this house here was on fire - and I mean increase of instinctual power over all.

Ah, and I don’t have any testicles either.

: )

AF, did you experiment with TRIBEX or RED KAT?

Ladies, I think you’re preaching to the choir here.

[quote]gojira wrote:
Cy Willson wrote:
BrianS,

Hope that helps.

That’s my opinion as a menopausal female who is experienceing the joys or hormonal flux.[/quote]

I went over this in a column back in 2003, posted below. I’ve also gone over the fact that a low libido does not necessarily equate to low testosterone levels. It’s much more complicated than simply testosterone levels. Other sex hormones, neurochemicals and even psychological issues play major roles, not to mention there’s much to be elucidated in this area (i.e., the human libido). If the other symptoms of testosterone deficiency are confirmed (fatigue, lack of well-being, etc.) and of course a blood draw confirms subphysiological levels, then yes, replacement may be highly beneficial. The virilizing side effects are very real and for the, albeit small portion of women who experience them, it can be far more damaging psychologically, than a decrease in sex drive, so these are real issues to take in to consideration.

As for the eurycoma, I’ve gone over this before in a previous thread. Many issues to be considered, for example placebo effect, androgenic compounds in the preparation, confusing increased blood flow (via a vasodilatory effect) to the extremities.

T for Women

Q: I love using Testosterone on myself and my male AIDS patients. It’s obviously anabolic with all the good stuff that entails, like increasing mass, red blood cell count, fighting the catabolic effects of drugs, etc. But what does one do for a woman with AIDS or some other wasting disease? It seems like a Testosterone paradox of sorts. T would help them, but the androgenic effects make it prohibitive. If T is acceptable, how much can be used safely to enjoy the beneficial effects, yet downplay the negative?

A: Low dosages of androgens (methyltestosterone) have been used rather successfully in women being treated for a post-menopausal deficiency of estrogen and androgen. The common dosage is 1.25 to 2.5 mg/day in combination with esterfied estrogens in order to restore sexual interest, mood, etc., which can be affected when going through menopause or post-menopause. This has proven rather safe in terms of keeping virilizing side effects to a minimum.

In a review of the literature they found that the virilizing effects (facial hair, acne, coarsening of voice, and alopecia) of methyltestosterone were both dose and duration dependent. Methyltestosterone treatment at doses less than or equal to 10 mg/daily administered for more than six months produced virilizing effects that ceased after discontinuing use or lowering the dosage.

With that being said, 1.25 to 2.5 mg daily for shorter periods (i.e. cycling five to eight weeks at a time with three to four week breaks) should produce the desired effects while minimizing virilizing side effects.

I should note however, there’s no guarantee a woman won’t experience such side effects even at those lower dosages, and thus she should be closely monitored for any changes and she should also be well aware of the potential risks before undergoing such treatment. 10 mg/daily would be the absolute limit. In women using these dosages, they found virilizing side effects in approximately 5% of all patients. (12-15)

[quote]BrianS wrote:
AF, did you experiment with TRIBEX or RED KAT?[/quote]

Yes, I disobeyed - RED KAT.

And I took it with a cup of coffee not water - fantastic buzzzzzz!

However, I do agree with what Cy said - all of that was in the research I made and there is a small portion of women who are very sensitive to testosterone according to the studies I read and experience unwanted side effects.

And may I add that initially it was very stressful because I was checking for facial hair every day! : )

So it’s not something I would “play with” just for a buzz. I just had to push the outside of the envelope, which is my basic approach to life and to my body in it. My decision was mostly based on the fact it was herbal and my not having any testicles led me to conclude any benefits could be more of a psychological nature and negative side effects would be increased agression at worst - and such was the case in my personal experience.

Any woman doing anything like this has to accept responsability for herself and her body; no blaming “my husband” or anybody else for experimenting.

For all it’s worth that was how I found T-Nation. The email was on the leafleft of the RED KAT.