T Nation

TRIBEX For A College Athlete?

Would TRIBEX be a good idea for a college athelete? Considering, going to class all day, going out on weekends (alcohol and messed up sleep patterns, etc), plus practice/competition 6 days a week, do you think TRIBEX would be a good idea to help keep T levels up?

I’m already taking ZMA everynight, and its been good, but if TRIBEX would help I’d consider adding it although I’d probably use a low dosage. BTW I’m 21, not sure how much age has to do with use of a product like this but any input would be appreciated, especially from other competitive athletes who have used it. Thanks…

if your in An NCAA sanctioned sport it’s a very bad idea. it’s a banned substance. BB

[quote]biggieben wrote:
if your in An NCAA sanctioned sport it’s a very bad idea. it’s a banned substance. BB[/quote]

I wasn’t aware it was that powerful Oo

[quote]biggieben wrote:
if your in An NCAA sanctioned sport it’s a very bad idea. it’s a banned substance. BB[/quote]

Since when? Do you have a link? How would they test for it?

As you’re only 21, as far as I know you wouldn’t receive that much effect from tribulus as your T levels are already pretty much as high as they can get. It works much better on older folk who have lower levels. I’m 26 and only notice a small effect from tribulus personally.

Any testosterone boosting substance is illegal for a college athlete to take. So if you are in the NCAA it would be a bad idea to try it.

dont drink and party so much on the weekends and your normal t-levels will be fine.

[quote]Easy E wrote:
dont drink and party so much on the weekends and your normal t-levels will be fine.[/quote]

In season I cut back big time, but for my sport I wind up doing a lot of distance runs, anywhere from 3 to 5 miles, which I have read can result in lowered T.

[quote]biggieben wrote:

Is it that strong or can trib itself be recognized by the NCAAs testing procedures? I know last year a bunch of people got nailed for using products with synephrine.

At your age and especially when your lifestyle isn`t adequate taking T-enhancers is absolutely redundant. Spend your money on something else.

Thanks for the help guys, looks like it’ll probably be a no go on the Trib. From your input and some other stuff I’ve read it doesn’t seem like it would be worth it. Thanks again.

so would ZMA be considered NCAA illegal?

[quote]biggieben wrote:

I don’t believe this to be true.

Exactly which components in TRIBEX are banned under NCAA or USADA?

I’m not sure where this theory got started, byt I’ve never seen any evidence of it. In fact, from what I’ve seen, guys in their twenties and thirties seem to respond best to such supplements. I don’t know why, but perhaps it has something to do with their androgen receptors.

I’m sure you’ll find some guys who just don’t respond as well whether they are 26 or 46, so any one individual’s response is irrelevant.

2006 NCAA Banned substance list:

http://www1.ncaa.org/membership/ed_outreach/health-safety/drug_testing/banned_drug_classes.pdf#search="ncaa%20banned%20substance%20list"

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
biggieben wrote:
if your in An NCAA sanctioned sport it’s a very bad idea. it’s a banned substance. BB

I don’t believe this to be true.

Exactly which components in TRIBEX are banned under NCAA or USADA?[/quote]

I am glad someone else said something. I am not an expert in what the organizations ban, but I couldn’t come up with a reason why Tribulas or in fact TRIBEX would be banned.

The first time I tried TRIBEX I was twenty six or seven and had great results. My natural test at that time was I assume good because I was making gains in the gym and had high energy and felt good. However, when I tried TRIBEX, I had gains in strength and muscle size beyond this.

D

[quote]njworkoutguy wrote:
biggieben wrote:

Is it that strong or can trib itself be recognized by the NCAAs testing procedures? I know last year a bunch of people got nailed for using products with synephrine.[/quote]

most likely yes, depending on your sport (because they test at different hydration levels), a guy on my team got busted for yohimbe back when i was competing. The testing is pretty random, but the ones they take are processed pretty thouroughly.

[quote]drewc64 wrote:
njworkoutguy wrote:
biggieben wrote:

Is it that strong or can trib itself be recognized by the NCAAs testing procedures? I know last year a bunch of people got nailed for using products with synephrine.

most likely yes, depending on your sport (because they test at different hydration levels), a guy on my team got busted for yohimbe back when i was competing. The testing is pretty random, but the ones they take are processed pretty thouroughly.[/quote]

The NCAA sucks donkey dick, just let the athletes compete!

I was told by my team doctor when i was playing that tribbulous was banned. however after looking at the banned list I could not find it on there. the doctor may have been just telling me that for the risk of it having something else in it. but who know’s I could be wrong.

Tons of guys on my college team took it…only in the offseason though. Tribulus itself isnt banned but I beleive (unless the rules have changed)that they can nab you for unnaturally high T lvls. I dont have any fact to back this up though…im just remembering what was said in the locker room etc.