T Nation

Tribex and M on an empty stomach

On the Tribex and M label, it says to take them on an empty stomach. I was wondering what advantage this has over taking them with food. Any replies would be helpful. Thanks.

I think it has to do with the absorption of the substances. If your belly is full of food then your body is going to be competing between absorbing the food and the pill. That is my understanding anyways.
:slight_smile: Groove

Take them with food. This dead horse had been beaten on numerous occasions over the past year.

Take on an empty stomach for quicker absorbtion, and also the label says empty stomach. If taking it this ways bothers your stomach, then take it with food.

Don’t take it with food or on an empty stomach. Take it with a protein shake. It will get the best absorption that way.

Gee, and here I thought a protein shake was food?

Just to say it again, take them with food. Bill Roberts, Chris Shugart, et al, have repeatedly stated that it will not interfere with absorbtion, and will, in fact, likely improve it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, buddy; I’ve been beating my head against a wall for the past six hours hoping that someone would come out and back me up on this one. For God’s sake, people, we discussed this last week!

Never a problem, brother.

I think it's just that some of the newer people that haven't been around the forum as long as we have just didn't know about Bill's recommendations. No big deal.

So the take home lesson, kids: take the blue pills with food.

Thanks fellows. John and Eric, I’ll take your word for it and take the supplements with food. Thanks once again.