Trial Watch: Sandusky

Well, I figured those of us who are interested in big trials and shit may want a tread to discuss developments as they come up during the trial.

Poor victim #1… It’s worse than I thought.
For a change I am glad the media is doing the decent thing and keeping their names quiet… Somehow they’ll fuck that up I am sure.

And BTW…Gross.

I’m following this, and I followed the coverage pretty closely when all of this broke last November.

I cannot think of a single plausible way that Sandusky walks away from this. This monster is gonna die in prison, and rightfully so.

The testimony that has been reported in the news outlets so far has been pretty strong, and they are just getting started. Sandusky’s attorney seems like a bumbling fool, but there’s not much he can really say or do, I suppose.

Im getting most my information from Deadspin (a great blog type website that provides insider info on sports and here are some of the highlights from the trial:

It gets worse before it gets better.

[quote]Ulty wrote:
I’m following this, and I followed the coverage pretty closely when all of this broke last November.

I cannot think of a single plausible way that Sandusky walks away from this. This monster is gonna die in prison, and rightfully so.

The testimony that has been reported in the news outlets so far has been pretty strong, and they are just getting started. Sandusky’s attorney seems like a bumbling fool, but there’s not much he can really say or do, I suppose.[/quote]

I really don’t see any possible defense that can get him out of this. Of course, I thought Casey Anthony was toast, and she got away with it. You get stupid enough jurors, anything can happen. I mean seriously, how the hell can you live in the area of Penn State and not know what the hell is going on? The jurors you have to get that are oblivious to this shit, have got to be dumber than rocks, so there is hope for him in the jury.

[quote]QuadasarusFlex wrote:
Im getting most my information from Deadspin (a great blog type website that provides insider info on sports and here are some of the highlights from the trial:

It gets worse before it gets better.[/quote]

I wish it was televised or at least the audio… Court proceedings, I find very interesting.

I want to see Sandusky’s wife testify.

[quote]theuofh wrote:
I want to see Sandusky’s wife testify. [/quote]
Frankly,I was fooled into thinking she completely innocent and devoid of any information about this but it turns out,shes might have indirectly led the sexual abuse of 100s of kids.

[quote]pat wrote:
I really don’t see any possible defense that can get him out of this. Of course, I thought Casey Anthony was toast, and she got away with it. You get stupid enough jurors, anything can happen. I mean seriously, how the hell can you live in the area of Penn State and not know what the hell is going on? The jurors you have to get that are oblivious to this shit, have got to be dumber than rocks, so there is hope for him in the jury.[/quote]

You never know…

Too bad TBG got banned from the site, I’d like to see that idiot try to explain away all of this stuff.

And by “too bad” I obviously mean “good ridence” lol

[quote]gregron wrote:
Too bad TBG got banned from the site, I’d like to see that idiot try to explain away all of this stuff.

And by “too bad” I obviously mean “good ridence” lol[/quote]

Now, now… :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]theuofh wrote:
I want to see Sandusky’s wife testify. [/quote]

She won’t be testifiying and can’t be compelled to.

I’m a PSU graduate and almost everyone I talk to affiliated with the university in one way or another thinks he’s guilty. He might have a better chance with some regular guy who was a big PSU fan. but as for that crowd, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone state they think he’s innocent.

[quote]bcingu wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:
I really don’t see any possible defense that can get him out of this. Of course, I thought Casey Anthony was toast, and she got away with it. You get stupid enough jurors, anything can happen. I mean seriously, how the hell can you live in the area of Penn State and not know what the hell is going on? The jurors you have to get that are oblivious to this shit, have got to be dumber than rocks, so there is hope for him in the jury.[/quote]

You never know…

Sandusky’s no better than the scum who tried molesting that 4-year old (the one whose father beat the molester to death).

Too bad the victim in the article doesn’t have a dad to do the job for him in this case.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Sandusky’s no better than the scum who tried molesting that 4-year old (the one whose father beat the molester to death).

Too bad the victim in the article doesn’t have a dad to do the job for him in this case. [/quote]

I volunteer if someone would cover my air fare.

[quote]gregron wrote:

I thought he was defending Paterno not Sandusky.

Are people really that interested in following this case? Not that Sandusky doesn’t deserve to be punished just that it’s a going to be a slam dunk for the prosecution. I’m really just waiting for the punishment.

Same with that Breivik dude who is claiming self defense when he killed several dozen children.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah, I think the whole “WTF Penn State” thread was mostly an argument as to how much responsibility Paterno held in this whole mess. I’ve never heard a single person defend Sandusky, except for the occasional devil’s advocate saying we don’t know all of the facts yet (even though the multiple statements included in the Grand Jury report was pretty overwhelming in itself).

I think, even more interesting will be the trials of Curley and Schultz, the upper level administrators who had gotten wind of Sandusky’s behavior but did nothing about it. The info that comes out in those trials will do more to reflect on the university and Paterno.

It has already been revealed this week that Schultz had a secret file that proved that he lied to the Grand Jury and that PSU’s President was also involved, and they consciously decided not to investigate further or report the allegations the law enforcement.

Sandusky going down is only the beginning and is only a matter of airing out the evidence. It will get more messy for Penn State (and Paterno’s legacy) when the administrator’s trials get underway, and I won’t be surprised if Graham Spanier gets charges filed against him as well. PSU is also looking at a whistleblower lawsuit from Mike McQueary, I think. What a mess!

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Too bad the victim in the article doesn’t have a dad to do the job for him in this case. [/quote]

I volunteer if someone would cover my air fare. [/quote]

Far as I am concerned there is no hell hot enough for people who hurt kids… There is just not.

[quote]Ulty wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah, I think the whole “WTF Penn State” thread was mostly an argument as to how much responsibility Paterno held in this whole mess. I’ve never heard a single person defend Sandusky, except for the occasional devil’s advocate saying we don’t know all of the facts yet (even though the multiple statements included in the Grand Jury report was pretty overwhelming in itself).

I think, even more interesting will be the trials of Curley and Schultz, the upper level administrators who had gotten wind of Sandusky’s behavior but did nothing about it. The info that comes out in those trials will do more to reflect on the university and Paterno.

It has already been revealed this week that Schultz had a secret file that proved that he lied to the Grand Jury and that PSU’s President was also involved, and they consciously decided not to investigate further or report the allegations the law enforcement.

Sandusky going down is only the beginning and is only a matter of airing out the evidence. It will get more messy for Penn State (and Paterno’s legacy) when the administrator’s trials get underway, and I won’t be surprised if Graham Spanier gets charges filed against him as well. PSU is also looking at a whistleblower lawsuit from Mike McQueary, I think. What a mess![/quote]

After the Casey Anthony trial, I have no faith in the jury. So I give it 50/ 50 on the conviction. CNN ran the feed to the Casey Anthony trail and for some reason I decided to listen. What really sucked me in, were the jail tapes. At first I was aware, but not all fire interested in the case, then like a bug to a bug light, I got sucked in. I would put it on at work and just listen while I was working, totally transfixed. I heard most of it, and how that jury didn’t even nail her for child abuse is beyond me. I mean, it could not have been more clear. And her lawyer was a fucking joke. I couldn’t believe anybody took that guy seriously, but they did and she’s on the market fellas!
I’ll give her pretty, so if anybody is up for some tail with some, uh, minor skeletons in her closet, go nuts.
It might be worth it, just so you can nail her and then write a book and make millions :slight_smile:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Ulty wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[/quote]

Sandusky going down is only the beginning and is only a matter of airing out the evidence. It will get more messy for Penn State (and Paterno’s legacy) when the administrator’s trials get underway, and I won’t be surprised if Graham Spanier gets charges filed against him as well. PSU is also looking at a whistleblower lawsuit from Mike McQueary, I think. What a mess![/quote]

After the Casey Anthony trial, I have no faith in the jury… [/quote]

I lost mine after the OJ verdict.