Tri and Delt Assistance Exercises?

Hey Thib, what assistance moves should we be doing after the main lift, I saw you say 4-6 sets of triceps and delts, anything in particular? Like CG Bench, Dips, BTN Push Press?

Cheers

[quote]Sawinwright wrote:
Hey Thib, what assistance moves should we be doing after the main lift, I saw you say 4-6 sets of triceps and delts, anything in particular? Like CG Bench, Dips, BTN Push Press?

Cheers[/quote]

There is no obligation to do any assistance work unless needed.

For pressing I like behind the neck jerks or push press. I also like dips if you can do them as they help prevent the loss of range of motion. Close-grip floor presses or reverse-band close-grip bench could also work.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

Cheers[/quote]

For pressing I like behind the neck jerks or push press. I also like dips if you can do them as they help prevent the loss of range of motion. Close-grip floor presses or reverse-band close-grip bench could also work.[/quote]

Okay awesome, what’s your favoured leg and lat work, I’m guessing a Front Squat & Dead Rows?

Cheers Thibs :slight_smile:

Cheers[/quote]

For pressing I like behind the neck jerks or push press. I also like dips if you can do them as they help prevent the loss of range of motion. Close-grip floor presses or reverse-band close-grip bench could also work.[/quote]

Okay awesome, what’s your favoured leg and lat work, I’m guessing a Front Squat & Dead Rows?

[/quote]

Correct! I used leg presses and hack squats for a while because I have a patellar tracking issue that has made any squat almost impossible to do without pain. But ever since I bought a patellar strap, I can squat without any issues and the front squat is the superior exercise.

Cheers[/quote]

[/quote]

Correct! I used leg presses and hack squats for a while because I have a patellar tracking issue that has made any squat almost impossible to do without pain. But ever since I bought a patellar strap, I can squat without any issues and the front squat is the superior exercise.[/quote]

wow. i didnt know that existed. i will need to find one. so, with the strap, no more pain?

[quote]domcib wrote:

Cheers[/quote]

[/quote]

Correct! I used leg presses and hack squats for a while because I have a patellar tracking issue that has made any squat almost impossible to do without pain. But ever since I bought a patellar strap, I can squat without any issues and the front squat is the superior exercise.[/quote]

wow. i didnt know that existed. i will need to find one. so, with the strap, no more pain?

[/quote]

ZERO… and it had been a nagging problem for 5 years… couldn’t really squat more than 1-2 weeks in a row at the best times. Tried everything and nothing worked until I tried this simple little thing. It was actually suggested to me by Dr.Hall while I was in Colorado.

http://www.muellersportsmed.com/Knee_Jumpers_Strap.htm

[quote]domcib wrote:

Cheers[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

ZERO… and it had been a nagging problem for 5 years… couldn’t really squat more than 1-2 weeks in a row at the best times. Tried everything and nothing worked until I tried this simple little thing. It was actually suggested to me by Dr.Hall while I was in Colorado.

http://www.muellersportsmed.com/Knee_Jumpers_Strap.htm[/quote]

wow, “that little thing”. it’s worth a shot. advil doesnt seem to help much anymore.
? my pain is on the top. where is yours?

[quote]domcib wrote:

[quote]domcib wrote:

Cheers[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

http://www.muellersportsmed.com/Knee_Jumpers_Strap.htm[/quote]

wow, “that little thing”. it’s worth a shot. advil doesnt seem to help much anymore.
? my pain is on the top. where is yours?
[/quote]

Yrs, it was basically in the middle of the patella. I wasn doubtful to be honest, but it worked.

For pressing I like behind the neck jerks or push press. I also like dips if you can do them as they help prevent the loss of range of motion. Close-grip floor presses or reverse-band close-grip bench could also work.[/quote]How about close-grip (weighted) pushups ?

[quote]tolismann wrote:

For pressing I like behind the neck jerks or push press. I also like dips if you can do them as they help prevent the loss of range of motion. Close-grip floor presses or reverse-band close-grip bench could also work.[/quote]How about close-grip (weighted) pushups ?
[/quote]

I never liked weighted push-ups with a weight on your back, it actually prevent proper scapular function. If one use a weight vest or resistance band, sure.