Trevor Smith's Beyond Failure Training

Any way this can be apadpted to 3 times per week ? if so what splits would be used as I can only get to the gym that often
ive been given some inspiration
im not scared

[quote]JJJ555 wrote:

im not scared[/quote]

You will be…you will be…

1 Like

haha so what split should I use then for 3 instead of 4 days

Well I would use a push pull legs personally. Anything that doesn’t involve too much overlap should be doable.

[quote]JJJ555 wrote:
haha so what split should I use then for 3 instead of 4 days[/quote]

I suggest taking any ole 3-day split and just incorporate the BFT techniques into it and see how your body responds. But I’m no expert.

So Monday chest tris and shoulders
tuesday legs
thursday back and bis
but it does say

because if you REALLY hit chest properly, you won’t be able to lift your arms let alone do any specific work for shoulders and triceps

so what would be best to do

[quote]JJJ555 wrote:
tuesday legs
thursday back and bis
but it does say

because if you REALLY hit chest properly, you won’t be able to lift your arms let alone do any specific work for shoulders and triceps

so what would be best to do[/quote]

I think when Trevor wrote that, he was doing incline bench presses on the Smith Machine with over 700 pounds. He clearly had an incredible mind-muscle connection and will power.

No offensive, but I don’t think you’ll be able to generate the needed intensity to take it as far as he recommends - I know I couldn’t. So do that split and see what happens. EAT A LOT!

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:

I think when Trevor wrote that, he was doing incline bench presses on the Smith Machine with over 700 pounds. He clearly had an incredible mind-muscle connection and will power.

No offensive, but I don’t think you’ll be able to generate the needed intensity to take it as far as he recommends - I know I couldn’t. So do that split and see what happens. EAT A LOT![/quote]

Pretty much exactly what I was going to write. However if you are in dire need of a different split how about…

Chest Back

Shoulders Biceps Triceps

Legs

couldnt really do that as he says back and bis have to be worked together
cheers anyway tho ill give my split a blast
were not scared

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
JJJ555 wrote:
tuesday legs
thursday back and bis
but it does say

so what would be best to do

No offensive, but I don’t think you’ll be able to generate the needed intensity to take it as far as he recommends - I know I couldn’t. So do that split and see what happens. EAT A LOT![/quote]

His strength levels were (RIP) mind-boggling. I don’t know much about actual statistics here, but wouldnt he have been among the strongest lifters in the world? I mean rep wise. 700lb incline pre-fatigued is damn superhuman. And he would do what, 6-8 reps with it on his own before the spotters.

[quote]JJJ555 wrote:
tuesday legs
thursday back and bis
but it does say

so what would be best to do[/quote]

I’d say maybe
Monday- Push(chest/shoulders/triceps)
Wednesday- Pull(back/biceps/forearms or traps)
Friday- Legs(quads/hammies/calves)

I know I wouldn’t want to kill my self with chest,shoulders,triceps on Monday and then come in the next day and do legs.

Also, I think that you should read the post about ZMR’s again. If your arms are that tired after you hit chest, then perhaps your arms are doing the majority of work during your chest exercises. If you followed Trevor’s method with the above split, the only potential problem I see is that it might be hard to get the workouts done in the alloted time.

My arms arent normally that tired just what it says in the post. Ill give it a blast tonight. Think Mondays will be the hardest to do in that amount of time, the rest should be ok.
were not scared tho

I remember reading the thread over at muscle mayhem and him saying that 7 plates on the incline was his 1RM, then he would do a drop set.

A 675 lb incline bench press (Smith machine or no) would definitely put him in the top 10 strength-wise. Just goes to show you do pretty much any type of training long enough and you’re gonna get pretty goddamn strong.

Also, I love this pic. The stack…plus two plates…plus two dumbbells.

I know this thread’s older than paint chips but I’m bumping it anyway.

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
I know this thread’s older than paint chips but I’m bumping it anyway.[/quote]

Hmm. I think Bauer and Waylander could actually pull Trevor’s training off.
Not me though :wink:

I haven’t read through the thread (or at least not in recent history), have you tried Trevors stuff, Lueshi?

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
I know this thread’s older than paint chips but I’m bumping it anyway.[/quote]

Thanks. I just read it all and I thought once again that not having a spotter really sucks. Since I moved and changed gyms, the absence of my training partner makes it hard to even consider this system of training.

I want to do this, but I think it’s like DC in the respect that I’m not ready :frowning:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/undercover25.htm

Damn, not cool.

I’m not going to jump into this training style full tilt but it did prompt me think of a few things.

• I’m going to give pre-exhaust an honest try. It’s hard on my ego when I move on to the compound lift and my weights suck but results matter more than the numbers.
  • I’m going to rearrange into a push / pull / legs format…been a couple of years since I used that

How did I miss this thread? Great stuff…

“The final DEMON is the most powerful and most difficult. It is the DEMON OF CONTINUE. Day in and day out you will be faced with the afore mentioned 3 demons only to realize that you have to get up and face them all over again. This realization is the DEMON OF CONTINUE. Here is where the “I ll train tomorrow s” and the “I ll eat good tomorrow s” start playing in your mind. Anyone can stay structured and focused for one month, even three months or six months. But can you stay focused and on your path and face the DEMONS everyday for the REST OF YOUR LIFE?”

Man, this is what every dumbass little fly-by-nighter who comes here and doesn’t understand why his 150 lb physique isn’t being worshipped needs to read. Every kid who acts like he’s “tried everything & still can’t grow” needs to read this.

This is what it’s all about - gut-busting intensity and commitment & consistency. No magic supps, no secret, it’s not “all 'roids” - it’s simply this.