Trev Alberts Fired

[quote]nolecat wrote:
I just found out that Trev Alberts was fired from espn. Said he had issues with his “role” on college gameday. I personnally liked him…a bit mouthy…but never sugar-coated. And he hates the BCS(good man). Now they have Lou Holtz in his place and he is absolutely terrible. Sure he was a good coach…but man, he has that childish grin and spits everywhere. They need some bite back in that show. Oh well! [/quote]

That is great, that guy was a prick. He always talked shit about Utah last year, I have some friends who play for Utah. He was a complete asshole, saying all sorts of shit about them. He should go write for the New York Times, they like dickheads over there.

[quote]Mr. Bear wrote:
TheJoker wrote:
He wanted Herbsreit’s gig. Had a discussion with ESPN management the night before they went on. Felt that he, Rece Davis, and May were treated as second class citizens…which they are compared to Fowler, Corso, and Kirk.

HE THEN NO-SHOWED their broadcast. That is why he got fired.

This just is evidence of his tremendous ego which could be heard every time he opened his mouth. I literally rarely agreed with anything he ever said.

The best was 2002 when him and May were talking about Miami beating OSU by upwards of thirty because OSU was too slow. This is when even Andy Groom, the Buckeye’s punter ran a legit 4.4. They really looked like idiots after that game.

I just really never understood what the hell Alberts was so angry about all the time.

I’m surprised one name hasn’t yet been mentioned: Beano Cook. Everyone has a great uncle like him who interrupts the game with some dumbass story that no one even understands and ESPN gives him a special segment. I haven’t seen him for awhile, is he dead?

[/quote]

As far as Beano is concerned, he’s really getting grouchy in his old age, rarely leaves his NY apartment and so forth. He will occasionally go on Colin Cowherd or Eric Casillias’s radio show. I guess he’s slated to do little Andy Rooney type segments on the Friday night preview shows.

I don’t know how a guy like Beano can still find work though, as blindly devoted as he is to Notre Dame.

Kinda like Gammons and the Red Sox I guess.

I’ve heard Chris Fowler immitate Beano before, it’s hilarious, Beano has that one of a kind voice.

“You can’t win a National Championship without first beating Notre-Dame!”

Classic old broadcaster.

[quote]fatboyjellyroll wrote:
I have to laugh at people who have problems with opinionated people. It is the very fact that they aren’t the little pussies who have to spew what other people WANT them to say that makes them do what they do. [/quote]

Webster’s defines opinionated as “sticking to an opinion, purpose, or course of action in spite of reason, arguments, or persuasion <she’s so opinionated and completely unwilling to entertain the notion that she might be wrong> – see OBSTINATE”

Being opinionated is not the sign of an intellectual person, rather someone who is afraid of being wrong. I think you may be linking being opinionated with having conviction, which is typically seen as a good trait. Don’t confuse being non-opinionated as being a pussy or lacking independent thought either. There are plenty of opinionated pussies and I would contend that opinionated people are intellectual pussies.

One more thing, the world’s worst bigots were/are the epitome of opinionated. So, I guess you can laugh at me now but is it much fun if I’m laughing too?

DB

[quote]elevationgain wrote:
As far as Beano is concerned, he’s really getting grouchy in his old age, rarely leaves his NY apartment and so forth. He will occasionally go on Colin Cowherd or Eric Casillias’s radio show. I guess he’s slated to do little Andy Rooney type segments on the Friday night preview shows.

I don’t know how a guy like Beano can still find work though, as blindly devoted as he is to Notre Dame.

Kinda like Gammons and the Red Sox I guess.

I’ve heard Chris Fowler immitate Beano before, it’s hilarious, Beano has that one of a kind voice.

“You can’t win a National Championship without first beating Notre-Dame!”

Classic old broadcaster.

[/quote]

ESPN has shown some really funny compilation clips of Beano over the years. My favorite is of him dressed in a devil costume. I think Beano’s charm is that he is asinine to the point of absurdity.

DB

Beano still believes that Army and Notre Dame should play for a national title!!

[quote]Mr. Bear wrote:

I just really never understood what the hell Alberts was so angry about all the time.

[/quote]

i think he’s still pissed about getting his elbow fucked up his senior year (when some O-lineman dived on his arm on purpose) and thereby ruining his pro-career. but that’s just a guess…when i talked to him, he was really cool and gave me some good pointers about trying out as a walk-on…
but i’m not saying you don’t have valid points about his comentating…