Trev Alberts Fired

I just found out that Trev Alberts was fired from espn. Said he had issues with his “role” on college gameday. I personnally liked him…a bit mouthy…but never sugar-coated. And he hates the BCS(good man). Now they have Lou Holtz in his place and he is absolutely terrible. Sure he was a good coach…but man, he has that childish grin and spits everywhere. They need some bite back in that show. Oh well!

Good, I always thought Trev Alberts was the biggset F-ing A-hole.

I was wondering where Trev was last week … that’s surprising. While I didn’t agree with everything Alberts said, I liked him b/c he always backed up his arguments with valid points and always stuck to his guns (especially with the BCS). Hopefully CBS will pick him up to either do in-studio stuff or be a color analyist.

[quote]DeterminedNate wrote:
Good, I always thought Trev Alberts was the biggset F-ing A-hole.[/quote]

Agreed. He is an opinionated retarded monkey.

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
DeterminedNate wrote:

DB[/quote]

Hey! lets not insult monkeys now.

Now if someone would just get rid of Madden {master of the obvious}I have gone to the extreme of watching the games and listening on the radio because he drives me nuts.

[quote]nolecat wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
DeterminedNate wrote:

DB

Hey! lets not insult monkeys now. [/quote]

Sorry, I guess that was uncalled for:(

DB

[quote]carpenter480 wrote:
Now if someone would just get rid of Madden {master of the obvious}I have gone to the extreme of watching the games and listening on the radio because he drives me nuts.[/quote]

I know a lot of people don’t like him, but Madden is better than 95% of the color commentary out there.

Trev is from the area that i live…i actually lifted with him one night at the Y. even though he’s not playing anymore, he’s still a friggin machine…

I never liked him. From the way he looked at the camera and talked you expected the greatest, like he was some kind of seasoned, hallowed, guru, and he was just OK. Lou Holtz, though, talks like a confused, gay, old man and I can’t stand it. I saw a guy call a college game a couple years ago, and I don’t know who he was, but he was so insightfull without being overbearing or getting in the way of the action. He was black, I’m not sure if it was Irving Fryar, I get that notion for some reason, but he could have been the lead color comentator or studio analyst for the big games easy. He was great, but I don’t think I’ve seen him since.

All this griping about Trev, and Madden.

Evidently, you guys were too young to experience the most obnoxious, dislikable sports commentator the world has ever seen. The never silent Howard Cosell (God rest his soul).

Had you really ever experienced Cosell - you would realize what rank amateurs these guys are at being obnoxious.

We don’t hear Cosell but we have to hear Al Michael’s Cosell like once every week. I like him ok though, and I like Madden. He’s folksey, and laid back. He could probably be really serious, and break it down very deeply, but I think most people like him the way he is.

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
I never liked him. From the way he looked at the camera and talked you expected the greatest, like he was some kind of seasoned, hallowed, guru, and he was just OK. Lou Holtz, though, talks like a confused, gay, old man and I can’t stand it. [/quote]

Thats funny. That is exactly what Holtz sounds like. Completely lost and always with that childish grin. Here was his analysis of LSU vs ASU(try and hear the lisp and spit dribbling down his chin): “LSU is playing with a lot of emotion…but so is Arizona State.” Period, the end. Fucking thanks Lou! At least Trev would have a little more insight and attitude.

You want to talk about annoying, just listen to former Notre Dame head coach Bob Davies in the both. I’d rather listen to Dennis Miller!

Am I the only one who finds Brent Musberger annoying as hell? Could he blow up the human interest side of things any more? Just because an athlete has undergone some hardship in his life do we have to hear about it every time he makes a play?

Keith Jackson used to be awesome, but now he’s just senile with a good voice.

Cosell was ridiculous. My dad and I used to turn off the volume and watch in silence during a lot of his games. But he did have a great rapport with Ali, without whom, he would have been just another sportscaster.

While I’m at it, Todd Christenson sucks big time too. And I can’t stand Chris Collinsworth. I think he’s an overrated asshole. He used to do the color for Browns games on NBC when he first started out and you could tell it used to kill him to have to do his rivals games. He just badmouthed them all the time and never gave credit to the Browns for anything. But then, I’m biased towards the Browns. My rant is not complete, but I will spare you the rest.

DB

[quote]nolecat wrote:
Pretzel Logic wrote:
I never liked him. From the way he looked at the camera and talked you expected the greatest, like he was some kind of seasoned, hallowed, guru, and he was just OK. Lou Holtz, though, talks like a confused, gay, old man and I can’t stand it.

Thats funny. That is exactly what Holtz sounds like. Completely lost and always with that childish grin. Here was his analysis of LSU vs ASU(try and hear the lisp and spit dribbling down his chin): “LSU is playing with a lot of emotion…but so is Arizona State.” Period, the end. Fucking thanks Lou! At least Trev would have a little more insight and attitude.

You want to talk about annoying, just listen to former Notre Dame head coach Bob Davies in the both. I’d rather listen to Dennis Miller![/quote]

A few things,

I liked Trev and dug his style especially when he would go on the Dan Patrick radio show and talk shit. ABC let him go and that sucks.

Lou Holtz is a great man, an outstanding man. He’s getting up there in age sure, he isn’t meant to be in the ESPN analyst chair but I don’t care. I enjoy the hell out of seeing him in whatever capacity. He loves football, he’s a leader, and mentor.

I think the right choice for that job, if he would take it, would be Chris Spielman. He’s too much of a family man to dedicate the time it takes to work in that capacity though.

He wanted Herbsreit’s gig. Had a discussion with ESPN management the night before they went on. Felt that he, Rece Davis, and May were treated as second class citizens…which they are compared to Fowler, Corso, and Kirk.

HE THEN NO-SHOWED their broadcast. That is why he got fired.

I have to laugh at people who have problems with opinionated people. It is the very fact that they aren’t the little pussies who have to spew what other people WANT them to say that makes them do what they do. I am a HUGE TREV FAN, mostly because of his play at Nebraska, but also because I like people who aren’t afraid to put their thoughts out there for the world to hear!

Cosell was the greatest ever.

Remember when they tried to use Dennis Miller like Cosell? That was horrid.

[quote]TheJoker wrote:
He wanted Herbsreit’s gig. Had a discussion with ESPN management the night before they went on. Felt that he, Rece Davis, and May were treated as second class citizens…which they are compared to Fowler, Corso, and Kirk.

HE THEN NO-SHOWED their broadcast. That is why he got fired.[/quote]

Yeah, thats what I heard too. You knew it was only a matter of time before the jealously grew. Kirk and the gang are just so much more marketable than Trev. He really shot himself in the foot by not showing to work. Now he can’t even negotiate!

[quote]TheJoker wrote:

HE THEN NO-SHOWED their broadcast. That is why he got fired.[/quote]

This just is evidence of his tremendous ego which could be heard every time he opened his mouth. I literally rarely agreed with anything he ever said.

The best was 2002 when him and May were talking about Miami beating OSU by upwards of thirty because OSU was too slow. This is when even Andy Groom, the Buckeye’s punter ran a legit 4.4. They really looked like idiots after that game.

I just really never understood what the hell Alberts was so angry about all the time.

I’m surprised one name hasn’t yet been mentioned: Beano Cook. Everyone has a great uncle like him who interrupts the game with some dumbass story that no one even understands and ESPN gives him a special segment. I haven’t seen him for awhile, is he dead?