Trenbolone Contributes to Neurodegeneration

17β-trenbolone, an anabolic-androgenic steroid as well as an environmental hormone, contributes to neurodegeneration.

Both genetic and environmental factors contribute to neurodegenerative disorders. In a large number of neurodegenerative diseases (for example, Alzheimer’s disease (AD)), patients do not carry the mutant genes. Other risk factors, for example the environmental factors, should be evaluated. 17β-trenbolone is a kind of environmental hormone as well as an anabolic-androgenic steroid. 17β-trenbolone is used as a growth promoter for livestock in the USA. Also, a large portion of recreational exercisers inject 17β-trenbolone in large doses and for very long time to increase muscle and strength. 17β-trenbolone is stable in the environment after being excreted. In the present study, 17β-trenbolone was administered to adult and pregnant rats and the primary hippocampal neurons. 17β-trenbolone’s distribution and its effects on serum hormone levels and Aβ42 accumulation in vivo and its effects on AD related parameters in vitro were assessed. 17β-trenbolone accumulated in adult rat brain, especially in hippocampus, and in the fetus brain. It altered Aβ42 accumulation. 17β-trenbolone induced apoptosis of primary hippocampal neurons in vitro and resisted neuroprotective function of testosterone. Presenilin-1 protein expression was down-regulated while β-amyloid peptide 42 (Aβ42) production and caspase-3 activities were increased. Both androgen and estrogen receptors mediated the processes. 17β-trenbolone played critical roles in neurodegeneration. Exercisers who inject large doses of trenbolone and common people who are exposed to 17β-trenbolone by various ways are all influenced chronically and continually. Identification of such environmental risk factors will help us take early prevention measure to slow down onset of neurodegenerative disorders

Thoughts?

I’ve searched high and low and cant find get a link to the full article. Correct me if im wrong, but the way I interpret this is that they administered tren directly into the hippocampus which resulted in the resistance and down regulation, not the actual drug circulating through the system as it normally would if it were to be administered IM? Ive gone through my university portal to try and get the full article however it was only published less than a month ago in china, if i could have a read through the actual results could clear a few things up.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
17�²-trenbolone, an anabolic-androgenic steroid as well as an environmental hormone, contributes to neurodegeneration.

Both genetic and environmental factors contribute to neurodegenerative disorders. In a large number of neurodegenerative diseases (for example, Alzheimer’s disease (AD)), patients do not carry the mutant genes. Other risk factors, for example the environmental factors, should be evaluated. 17Ã?²-trenbolone is a kind of environmental hormone as well as an anabolic-androgenic steroid. 17Ã?²-trenbolone is used as a growth promoter for livestock in the USA. Also, a large portion of recreational exercisers inject 17Ã?²-trenbolone in large doses and for very long time to increase muscle and strength. 17Ã?²-trenbolone is stable in the environment after being excreted. In the present study, 17Ã?²-trenbolone was administered to adult and pregnant rats and the primary hippocampal neurons. 17Ã?²-trenbolone’s distribution and its effects on serum hormone levels and AÃ?²42 accumulation in vivo and its effects on AD related parameters in vitro were assessed. 17Ã?²-trenbolone accumulated in adult rat brain, especially in hippocampus, and in the fetus brain. It altered AÃ?²42 accumulation. 17Ã?²-trenbolone induced apoptosis of primary hippocampal neurons in vitro and resisted neuroprotective function of testosterone. Presenilin-1 protein expression was down-regulated while Ã?²-amyloid peptide 42 (AÃ?²42) production and caspase-3 activities were increased. Both androgen and estrogen receptors mediated the processes. 17Ã?²-trenbolone played critical roles in neurodegeneration. Exercisers who inject large doses of trenbolone and common people who are exposed to 17Ã?²-trenbolone by various ways are all influenced chronically and continually. Identification of such environmental risk factors will help us take early prevention measure to slow down onset of neurodegenerative disorders

Thoughts?[/quote]

i’m curious to what the dose was…

[quote]DoctorJekyll wrote:
I’ve searched high and low and cant find get a link to the full article. Correct me if im wrong, but the way I interpret this is that they administered tren directly into the hippocampus which resulted in the resistance and down regulation, not the actual drug circulating through the system as it normally would if it were to be administered IM? Ive gone through my university portal to try and get the full article however it was only published less than a month ago in china, if i could have a read through the actual results could clear a few things up.[/quote]

It then becomes relevant to know if it actually crosses the blood-brain barrier

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:

I’ve searched high and low and cant find get a link to the full article. Correct me if im wrong, but the way I interpret this is that they administered tren directly into the hippocampus which resulted in the resistance and down regulation, not the actual drug circulating through the system as it normally would if it were to be administered IM? Ive gone through my university portal to try and get the full article however it was only published less than a month ago in china, if i could have a read through the actual results could clear a few things up.[/quote]

It then becomes relevant to know if it actually crosses the blood-brain barrier[/quote]

well, testosterone and estrogen both can, right?

It then becomes relevant to know if it actually crosses the blood-brain barrier[/quote]

Still been searching trying to get into the full article to find out the specifics…

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

well, testosterone and estrogen both can, right?[/quote]

Yes but the way the abstract is worded reads as if tren were injected straight into the hippocampus and i wonder why this was done

Edit: since it accumulated in the fetus brains this question is answered

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

well, testosterone and estrogen both can, right?[/quote]

Yes but the way the abstract is worded reads as if tren were injected straight into the hippocampus and i wonder why this was done
[/quote]

ahh…

Rat study. I wouldn’t be too worried yet.

However, on the side of caution, this is why you don’t tell kids whose brains have not finished physically developing that it’s ok to do steroids no matter how mature or knowledgable they seem.

I think most people on tren have mental problems
haha