Trekking Kilimanjaro in my Kilt for Kids

Hope I’m okay posting this. Just wanted to share an event I’m doing this year for a very worthy cause.

Summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro

Last April I done the 26 mile marathon walk in my Kilt from Hampden (Scotland Football Stadium) to the bonnie banks o’ Loch Lomond in order to make a big difference to the children who are in need of a little support. Well, this April 2013 I’m doing the same, but I’m going the next mile this year…

In October 2013 I’m leaving Heathrow to trek Mount Kilimanjaro (the world’s tallest stand alone mountain) wearing my kilt to raise money for Scottish children’s charities including: Aberlour, Childrens Hospice (CHAS), CLIC Sargent, TACC & Yorkhill Children’s Foundation and Iâ??m hoping to raise a total of £3000.

Why? - Because I believe in the work they do and again in order to make a bigger difference to children in Scotland who are in need of a little support. Ultimately helping to support children in Scotland from disadvantaged backgrounds or who suffer from life-threatening illnesses to get the care and attention they deserve.

I was born with sporadic forms of very rare eye conditions, thus I am permanently impacted and I have very recently been registered blind, thus I am personally fully aware of the difference a little help makes.

So I’m asking for your support in my efforts by contributing absolutely anything you can to my fundraising total PLEASE! It would be a massive help and deeply appreciated.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/RossKiltKilimanjaro

Thank you!!!

That sounds like a really cool way to help your community and take care of those less fortunate little ones who need it. I kicked a little bit your way. Hopefully a lot more here will. Good luck and may God be with you.

you will make it to the top. good luck

[quote]Cortes wrote:
That sounds like a really cool way to help your community and take care of those less fortunate little ones who need it. I kicked a little bit your way. Hopefully a lot more here will. Good luck and may God be with you. [/quote]

CortesI personally would just like to thank you very much for your contribution. I really really do sincerely appreciate both your generosity and support in my Challenge.

Also, it’s nice that you put your words into action. The amount of ‘pointless’ facebook likes I’ve had when asking for support even amongst people I know is distressing. I’ve learned a lot from this already, most people are all talk, when it comes to taking action, you see the real them.

Again, THANK YOU!!!

[quote]w-a-t-p wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:
That sounds like a really cool way to help your community and take care of those less fortunate little ones who need it. I kicked a little bit your way. Hopefully a lot more here will. Good luck and may God be with you. [/quote]

CortesI personally would just like to thank you very much for your contribution. I really really do sincerely appreciate both your generosity and support in my Challenge.

Also, it’s nice that you put your words into action. The amount of ‘pointless’ facebook likes I’ve had when asking for support even amongst people I know is distressing. I’ve learned a lot from this already, most people are all talk, when it comes to taking action, you see the real them.

Again, THANK YOU!!!

[/quote]

My pleasure! I’ve been blessed with so many good things in my life, it would be the hight of selfishness if I didn’t give something back to those who have not been so fortunate. Good luck and please post back with pics after your trek!

Its children like this wee girl that I’m raising money for…

[quote]
Image: http://i49.tinypic.com/2lup3py.jpg

For the kiltwalk!

Hi my name is Meghan, i’m 14 years old & this is my story.

Since the age of 4 i was always having severe headaches & vomiting,I couldn’t keep my balance very well so i fell over quite alot. My mum was really concerned & took me to the doctors.I then had an assessment done this came back that i was just clumsy & needed occupational therapy this went on until i was 8 yrs old.Mum had had enough demanded an appointment with a pediatric consultant.

My head was getting bigger,my headaches were getting worse before i knew it i was in hospital having an MRI then bang I have HYDROCEPHALUS, 1 week later i was in hospital having brain surgery this didnt work first time around so they said i needed another one as it was more difficult than first thought but this surgery had to be delayed as i took an infection in the brain,I was really ill & the doctors had to keep a close eye on me they had to put antibiotics straight into my brain to make me better for surgery,after 6 weeks in hospital i was ready for my surgery where they would put a shunt in to help the fluid away from my brain.

Anyway since that time i have had approximately 18 brain operations to try & help me.I have hardly been at school since i was diagnosed all those years ago as i still suffer from headaches,short term memory loss & occipital epilepsy.Believe it or not i am a happy 14 year old who never wants anyone to feel sorry for me all i ask is that you donate lots of money so that other people like myself can get the support from doctors,nurses & support groups that help children with hydrocephalus.

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY STORY, PLEASE SHARE!

MEGHAN. X[/quote]