Treatment for Tendonitis From Curls

[quote]MicroSlash wrote:
Any experience with treating this? Any T-Nation types have success using ART on this? I’ve tried Naprosyn and ice, but they’ve been limited in their positive effect.
[/quote]

I had tendonitis in my arm and did a series of ART treatments coupled with electrostim (or whatever you call it) a few years ago.

ART hurt. I felt a difference after the first session and the pain was virtually gone (from the tendonitis, not the ART - ow) in about 5-6 sessions, I think.

My insurance covered it but not all plans do, so I’d suggest checking with whatever your health plan is to see if you’re covered.

[quote]elrey wrote:
i am having the same problems. my shoulder and elbow bothers me at night when i sleep on that side. it hurts to even lift the covers over me. i already had 2 cortisone shots on my elbow. my bicep hurts even to scratch my nose. it hurts right at the start of the bicep. i am so frustrated because i can’t lift. i have lost muscle mass and gained inches in my waist. i have scheduled an appointment with an ART provider. i was wondering if anybody has been to one and what results have u seen[/quote]

I had the exact injury which you describe (end of bicep). Hang in there it takes time. Mine took about 7 months to completly heal. I used heat, ultra sound, massage etc. But it will heal.

Try to work around it for now. Focus on the legs for example.

Good Luck,

Zeb

hey zeb thanks 4 the encouragement. i have had this problem since last june. i couldn’t even lift a glass of water. i know that i should at least be doing legs but i am so frustrated with the injury. i guess being 47 doesn’t help any. hopefully the Art will work.

Unless you have a tear in the tendon (confirmed by an MRI), you may have a muscle imbalance. I have had tendonitis in both of my biceps (biceps brachialis actually) at one time or another. Lasted for months!

I started doing forearm strengenthing exercises (reverse barbell curls, wrist curls, hammer curls). Within a few weeks, all cured.

I think that when your forearms are week relative to your biceps, an imbalance occurs that puts strain on the tendons, forcing you to back off until the imbalance is rectified.

[quote]elrey wrote:
hey zeb thanks 4 the encouragement. i have had this problem since last june. i couldn’t even lift a glass of water. i know that i should at least be doing legs but i am so frustrated with the injury. i guess being 47 doesn’t help any. hopefully the Art will work.[/quote]

Since you are 47 (I’m 49) I know what you are feeling. But remember for every problem there is a solution!

Begin today to take the following supplements to begin speeding the healing process:

1. 3000 Mg. MSM

2. 1,500 Mg Glucosamine (more for joints but don’t be without it).

3. One 12oz glass of Green Juice per day. I like “Green Magma.” You will see an immediate difference in energy and tissue repair!

4. One small glass of Cherry Juice per day. This helps the joints with osteoarthritis and certain forms of gout.

5. Boswella Extract-300 Mg per day.

6. A product called “Arthred” which is actaully certain type of “Collagen.” Big help for joints.

Don’t forget to make sure you get 8 hours of sleep each night. That’s when the body repairs itself. Sometimes as we age we tend to be able to get by on 6 or so hours per night. DON’T DO IT!

Beyond that the most important thing that I have found to make a difference is massage. You don’t need a massage therapist all the time. You can massage your biceps your self, if money is tight.

Stay committed to advancing on some level.

When (not if) I have an upper body injury I train the lower body more frequently. When the reverse happens I train the upper body more frequently. When I have an injury on both upper and lower body (which has happened a few times) I focus on cardio, if I’m able.

At one point in my training life (which spans about 35 years) the only think I could train was my neck, so I did and gained one solid inch in a relatively short period of time!

There is always something that you can train-

My goal is for them to carry my 107 year old body out of the Gym on a stretcher!

NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

fish oil. I’m 49 it worked for me and my older brother and his wife. Enteric coated pills are recommended or your friends won’t be able to withstand the onslaught of you breath. This stuff is cheap and it works - give it a try. Maybe it is what you need.

[quote]jamej wrote:
fish oil. I’m 49 it worked for me and my older brother and his wife. Enteric coated pills are recommended or your friends won’t be able to withstand the onslaught of you breath. This stuff is cheap and it works - give it a try. Maybe it is what you need.[/quote]

Yes great call on the Fish Oil.

thanks 4 all of the info. i will give it all a try. one question what is green juice is it the same as green tea. in fact i am going 2 start training again today. i will be doing legs. i guess i was so depressed from the injury that i let myself go. i wen from 235 pds 34 inch waist to 230 pds 38 inch waist. i am a strength coordinator and a ftball coach 4 local highschool so i always tried 2 set an exmaple. saw pictures from last xmas and then this xmas all i can say i was embarrassed. people r not used 2 seeing me this way. well anyway thanks 4 the ecouragement and i will get thru this.

[quote]elrey wrote:
thanks 4 all of the info. i will give it all a try. one question what is green juice is it the same as green tea. in fact i am going 2 start training again today. i will be doing legs. i guess i was so depressed from the injury that i let myself go. i wen from 235 pds 34 inch waist to 230 pds 38 inch waist. i am a strength coordinator and a ftball coach 4 local highschool so i always tried 2 set an exmaple. saw pictures from last xmas and then this xmas all i can say i was embarrassed. people r not used 2 seeing me this way. well anyway thanks 4 the ecouragement and i will get thru this. [/quote]

Type in “Green Magma” in the ole’ search engine and read on…

[quote]sandlizard78 wrote:
my right elbow hurt the rest of the day when i did this. (yes its good to know bodybuilding doctors :slight_smile: he recommended hook hands. [/quote]

What are hook hands, and where can I get them?