Trayvon Martin Trial

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

refers to the black community going “ape shit”

ape shit

black people

DB is in subtle troll mode[/quote]

“Going ape shit” is a common phrase to describe people’s actions. I would imagine their is no racial undertones to that statement.

It isn’t a dog whistle, but why to play the PC race card…[/quote]

I’m familiar with the term and I’m also familiar with DB’s posts.

He’s a writer, knows his way around the English language and chooses words for certain effect.

I find it quite surprising that someone who gets paid to write for a living, would make such an obvious misstep…

He’s not racist, but he’s bent on trolling this thread.
[/quote]

I’m not a paid writer anymore. I retired. And I’m not trolling this thread. I’m simply stating my opinion. Perhaps it’s you who is trolling me.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

ape shit

black people

“Going ape shit” is a common phrase to describe people’s actions. I would imagine their is no racial undertones to that statement.

It isn’t a dog whistle, but why to play the PC race card…[/quote]

I’m familiar with the term and I’m also familiar with DB’s posts.

He’s a writer, knows his way around the English language and chooses words for certain effect.

I find it quite surprising that someone who gets paid to write for a living, would make such an obvious misstep…

He’s not racist, but he’s bent on trolling this thread.
[/quote]

If you want to see quality trolling, wait until DarkNinjaa gets going in here. He has a way of turning every thread into a referendum on himself and how everyone is a beta-fag for taking issue with anything he says.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
I think it’s bullshit that the judge barred evidence of Martin’s violent past from being introduced into evidence. The guy was a fucking thug, getting into fights on a regular basis. I can’t wait for Zimmerman to be found not guilty so the black community out there has another excuse to go apeshit and cry victim.[/quote]

relevance?[/quote]

How is what he said not relevant?

I would have used different language to describe the situation, but I feel like Coop is on the right track in his post. [/quote]

How does his past determine at all what happened that night? None of this would have happened had Zimmerman stayed in his car and let the cops handle it. If you go confronting people you should expect to get knocked on your ass. [/quote]

If you knock someone on your ass and continue to pound their head into the sidewalk, which is definitely a potential life-threatening act, expect to get shot in self-defense.[/quote]

Which is all testimony from the survivor. We only know one side of that story.

I agree about expectations, but you should not go into any potentially violent confrontation without expectations of death or serious injury.
[/quote]

Does Zimmerman’s bloodied face and broken nose count as a separate testimony, or part of the testimony from the survivor?[/quote]

Meh, not hard to do to yourself. Besides, I didn’t say he didn’t take an ass beating, just that we don’t know how it came about. You are right that personally if someone was bashing my head in the cement I would shoot, however if I instigated it I am not sure you could call it justified. This didn’t have to happen.

I just don’t get why this case is even a case at all. It seems pretty clear cut that guy confronts kid about why he was there, kid attacks guy and breaks his nose and bashes his head against the sidewalk, guy shoots kid out of self defense. Everything that has really been brought against Zimmerman is mostly facts that were gathered well after the fact.

Witnesses changing stories to benefit the prosecution after their initial interview is the most concerning thing to me. They seem to be swayed by the media storm and not wanting to come off as defending Zimmerman so they say what they need to say to help the case. And this whole thing with the media only using pictures of a 12 year old kid pisses me off.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
I think it’s bullshit that the judge barred evidence of Martin’s violent past from being introduced into evidence. The guy was a fucking thug, getting into fights on a regular basis. I can’t wait for Zimmerman to be found not guilty so the black community out there has another excuse to go apeshit and cry victim.[/quote]

relevance?[/quote]

I would have used different language to describe the situation, but I feel like Coop is on the right track in his post. [/quote]

How does his past determine at all what happened that night? None of this would have happened had Zimmerman stayed in his car and let the cops handle it. If you go confronting people you should expect to get knocked on your ass. [/quote]

If you knock someone on your ass and continue to pound their head into the sidewalk, which is definitely a potential life-threatening act, expect to get shot in self-defense.[/quote]

I agree about expectations, but you should not go into any potentially violent confrontation without expectations of death or serious injury.
[/quote]

While you should not go into any potentially violent confrontation without expectations of death or serious injury, you should also not engage in suspicious or criminal behavior without expectations of being approached by someone whose job is to prevent and/or report such behavior.

Also, the entire point of allowing Martin’s criminal past is to question who exactly got into the potentially violent confrontation in the first place. If Martin attacked Zimmerman, then it was Martin who first engaged in the illegal behavior that led to his death. If Zimmerman confronted Martin due to some racial profiling instead of legitimate investigation, as is his right to do so as security guard of the gated community, then it was Zimmerman who instigated the actions in question.

Either way, I don’t see how revealing Martin’s past history of engaging in fights is irrelevant here, given the strategy the prosecution is going to employ.[/quote]

1. He was not on duty

2. He is PROHIBITED from carrying a gun while on watch

3. The rest is pure speculation. If you introduce that he has gotten into trouble before it becomes fact to the jury that this is the case now.

Witness 12 was interviewed on March 20, saying she “didn’t know which one” was on top of the other during the scuffle. Six days later, she said she was sure it was Zimmerman on top, the Sentinel reported.

Witness 6 lived close to where the incident occurred. On the night of the shooting, he told investigators that Martin was on top, “just throwing down blows on the guy, MMA-style,” the paper reported. He also noted that Zimmerman was calling for help. But three weeks later, the witness said he wasn’t sure who was calling for help.

Witness 13 said he spotted Zimmerman with “blood on the back of his head,” he told police. Zimmerman allegedly told the witness that Martin “was beating up on me, so I had to shoot him.” In two interviews after that one a month later, the witness described Zimmerman’s demeanor as nonchalant, “… More like, ‘Just tell my wife I shot somebody’ like it was nothing.”

How is this for people other than Zimmerman? Granted they all changed their stories and I think the questioning of the witnesses whne they changed their stories would be interesting to watch.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

1. He was not on duty

[/quote]

#1 takes care of the issue of #2, and it isn’t like you have to be on watch to protect the citizens of your neighborhood, including your own family.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

Meh, not hard to do to yourself. [/quote]

What is a more likely scenario:

1. Zimmerman the closet racist, jumps from his car, shoots martin and then proceeds to bash his OWN face in, because he already called the police alerting them to the fact he was about to commit a hate crime

OR

1. Some punk couldn’t let his ego go and thought he was billy badass. because some dude asked him while he was walking down the street in the middle of the night, dressed like the people that have broken into houses in the neighborhood before, Martian had to defend his honor. Just so happens he went to far in put Zimmerman in a fight or flight position, and flight wasn’t an option as his skull bounced off the sidewalk.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

1. He was not on duty

[/quote]

#1 takes care of the issue of #2, and it isn’t like you have to be on watch to protect the citizens of your neighborhood, including your own family. [/quote]

The rest of the quote was that he was doing his job as neighborhood watch. No he wasn’t if he was carrying his gun.

What was he protecting them from? This didn’t happen anywhere near his condo. I’m sorry but you don’t have the right to just go around questioning people. Get in my face on the sidewalk and I’m going to tell you to mind your own fuckiing bussiness. If you pursue it further it’s your own fault what happens.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

ape shit

black people

The subtle troll mode? I use the term “ape shit” about twenty times a day. And I’m sorry, but if you don’t think that at least part of the black community in that area is going to flip the fuck out if Zimmerman is found guilty, then you are completely out of touch with reality.[/quote]

Oh, I’m sure there will be a reaction.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

1. Zimmerman the closet racist, jumps from his car, shoots martin and then proceeds to bash his OWN face in, because he already called the police alerting them to the fact he was about to commit a hate crime

OR

1. Some punk couldn’t let his ego go and thought he was billy badass. because some dude asked him while he was walking down the street in the middle of the night, dressed like the people that have broken into houses in the neighborhood before, Martian had to defend his honor. Just so happens he went to far in put Zimmerman in a fight or flight position, and flight wasn’t an option as his skull bounced off the sidewalk. [/quote]

2 for sure, especially considering Martain’s history.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

OR

1. Some punk couldn’t let his ego go and thought he was billy badass. because some dude asked him while he was walking down the street in the middle of the night, dressed like the people that have broken into houses in the neighborhood before, Martian had to defend his honor. Just so happens he went to far in put Zimmerman in a fight or flight position, and flight wasn’t an option as his skull bounced off the sidewalk. [/quote]

A combination of #1 & #2. furthermore, I have no doubt Zimmerman would have stayed in the car like he was TOLD if he didn’t have a gun.

He wasn’t TOLD to stay in the car. The dispatcher said “We don’t need you to do that”. That is far from being told to do something and it was more of a suggestion for Zimmerman’s own protection than for anything else.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

relevance?[/quote]

[/quote]

While you should not go into any potentially violent confrontation without expectations of death or serious injury, you should also not engage in suspicious or criminal behavior without expectations of being approached by someone whose job is to prevent and/or report such behavior.

Also, the entire point of allowing Martin’s criminal past is to question who exactly got into the potentially violent confrontation in the first place. If Martin attacked Zimmerman, then it was Martin who first engaged in the illegal behavior that led to his death. If Zimmerman confronted Martin due to some racial profiling instead of legitimate investigation, as is his right to do so as security guard of the gated community, then it was Zimmerman who instigated the actions in question.

Either way, I don’t see how revealing Martin’s past history of engaging in fights is irrelevant here, given the strategy the prosecution is going to employ.[/quote]

1. He was not on duty

3. The rest is pure speculation. If you introduce that he has gotten into trouble before it becomes fact to the jury that this is the case now.
    [/quote]

Well, if he wasn’t on duty then carrying the firearm is moot. And since when does approaching someone who may have been engaging in suspicious activity grounds for being assaulted?

[quote]bpick86 wrote:
He wasn’t TOLD to stay in the car. The dispatcher said “We don’t need you to do that”. That is far from being told to do something and it was more of a suggestion for Zimmerman’s own protection than for anything else.[/quote]

Not my recollection but you could be right. Still if he had heeded the “suggestion” this would all be a moot point.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

relevance?[/quote]

[/quote]

Does Zimmerman’s bloodied face and broken nose count as a separate testimony, or part of the testimony from the survivor?[/quote]

Meh, not hard to do to yourself. Besides, I didn’t say he didn’t take an ass beating, just that we don’t know how it came about. You are right that personally if someone was bashing my head in the cement I would shoot, however if I instigated it I am not sure you could call it justified. This didn’t have to happen.[/quote]

I don’t really care what scenario came about that led to his getting beaten on. What is he supposed to do once his life actually is in danger? Not shoot to protect himself because he made a poor decision in approaching the guy threatening his life?

[quote]bpick86 wrote:
Witness 12 was interviewed on March 20, saying she “didn’t know which one” was on top of the other during the scuffle. Six days later, she said she was sure it was Zimmerman on top, the Sentinel reported.

Witness 6 lived close to where the incident occurred. On the night of the shooting, he told investigators that Martin was on top, “just throwing down blows on the guy, MMA-style,” the paper reported. He also noted that Zimmerman was calling for help. But three weeks later, the witness said he wasn’t sure who was calling for help.

Witness 13 said he spotted Zimmerman with “blood on the back of his head,” he told police. Zimmerman allegedly told the witness that Martin “was beating up on me, so I had to shoot him.” In two interviews after that one a month later, the witness described Zimmerman’s demeanor as nonchalant, “… More like, ‘Just tell my wife I shot somebody’ like it was nothing.”

How is this for people other than Zimmerman? Granted they all changed their stories and I think the questioning of the witnesses whne they changed their stories would be interesting to watch.[/quote]

Maybe the statements evolved because they felt they would be stigmatized by the rest of the community, given that there seems to be much more support for Martin than Zimmerman in the area. Perhaps they saw how blacks treated random whites during the Rodney King riots, where innocent people were dragged out of their cars and beaten senseless strictly for being white, and felt the same might happen if their statements reflected poorly on Martin. Not saying that that mindset is right, only that it’s possible.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:
He wasn’t TOLD to stay in the car. The dispatcher said “We don’t need you to do that”. That is far from being told to do something and it was more of a suggestion for Zimmerman’s own protection than for anything else.[/quote]

Not my recollection but you could be right. Still if he had heeded the “suggestion” this would all be a moot point.[/quote]
A suggestion from a dispatcher.
Dispatchers have no authority lol

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

Not my recollection but you could be right. Still if he had heeded the “suggestion” this would all be a moot point.[/quote]

It would also be moot if Martin didn’t start bashing his brains in once approached.

[quote]Smashingweights wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]bpick86 wrote:

A suggestion from a dispatcher.
Dispatchers have no authority lol[/quote]

Nor did Zimmerman.