Trayvon Martin Pt. 2 'The Legacy'

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]hipsr4runnin wrote:
I do think these are two of the most accurate quotes regarding blacks a racism…oddly enough both said by Edward Norton, both written by white screen play writers, one movie directed by a very outspoken and correct individual (spike lee):
[/quote]

Serious question…why does the opinion of an ACTOR matter at all?[/quote]

Fairly certain it was the content and message of the quote that was his point, and the rest of it was the place that the quote could be found from for reference…

And on top of that it is not even the “ACTORS” opinion, it was in a movie script… did you just wake up or some thing or is understanding not your strong suit?

I do think these are two of the most accurate quotes regarding blacks a racism…oddly enough both said by Edward Norton, both written by white screen play writers, one movie directed by a very outspoken and correct individual (spike lee):
[/quote]

For realz.

[quote]enigma666 wrote:

[/quote]

Fairly certain it was the content and message of the quote that was his point, and the rest of it was the place that the quote could be found from for reference…[/quote]

That doesn’t answer why people are quoting guys like Meek Mills.

If I want politics, I will watch a presidential speech. I don’t turn on a Pimp C album.

[quote]enigma666 wrote:

And on top of that it is not even the “ACTORS” opinion, it was in a movie script… did you just wake up or some thing or is understanding not your strong suit?[/quote]

You added this late.

You guys type slow.

It doesn’t matter. It was posted here as if who said it held some weight at all.

It doesn’t matter if it is the whole last scene of The Passion Of The Christ.

This is a hot debate that doesn’t need the input of the average “Hollywood Star” added in for weight.

No I said they were both said by Norton in films. That’s it. He is an actor saying a line, I highly doubt he holds those opinion himself. My reference to it is because of its context.
Its not the opinion of an actor. Also, then, why does the opinion of anyone matter at all? Who gives a shit?
My point was regarding the “racial issues” of this trial along with what some people are saying on the forum.

No I said they were both said by Norton in films. That’s it. He is an actor saying a line, I highly doubt he holds those opinion himself. My reference to it is because of its context.
Its not the opinion of an actor. Also, then, why does the opinion of anyone matter at all? Who gives a shit?
My point was regarding the “racial issues” of this trial along with what some people are saying on the forum. [/quote]

Let me make this more clear.

When people use the comments of largely UNEDUCATED POP STARS to laugh at the mentality of the population as a whole, I see a problem with it.

So, who do you guys think is going to buy the movie rights?

Bangin skanks and wearin tanks #Merica

Prof: I am not arguing with you amigo. I didn’t quote a popstar, I quoted a movie, one directed by imo one of the most correct opinionated people concerning the issue of race. My reason was because of the last two pages of the previous thread, not this one that you decided to hop into. Your reading my posts out of context and out of order.

Again, to be more clear, it is not a popstar quote, it is a movie character quote, referencing a different conversation, on a different thread, that you were not a part of, not used to “laugh at the mentality of a population as a whole.” Got it? You read into that.

There, crystal.

My point was regarding the “racial issues” of this trial along with what some people are saying on the forum. [/quote]

When people use the comments of largely UNEDUCATED POP STARS to laugh at the mentality of the population as a whole, I see a problem with it.[/quote]

Let me make this clear for you: the majority of North America IS UNEDUCATED and a lot of them look towards pop and movie starts for opinions and thoughts. Both the population and the pop stars are being completely retarded because they are both uneducated.

The reason they are “stars” is because the population as a whole values them and takes their word to be gospel. On top of it, how many people do you know take Dr. Phil, Oprah and co’s words as fact?

When people use the comments of largely UNEDUCATED POP STARS to laugh at the mentality of the population as a whole, I see a problem with it.[/quote]

This is truly infuriating. The celebrity worship in this country is out of hand. You could get a music star, movie star or sports start to tell people to eat their own shit, and the number of people you’d see with brown teeth would be astonishing.

But… It won’t matter what you or I say about it. The low information thinking people will look to these people as saviors and leaders…

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
So, who do you guys think is going to buy the movie rights?[/quote]

BET.

It’s upsetting that people (mostly because of the idiotic liberal media) immediately identified the skin colors of the two people involved. People needed to see the facts of the case and that is it.

It’s a shame that mainly liberal media only focused on this trial for who knows what reason, while there were 67 shootings in Chicago over the holiday weekend last weekend. One kid is murdered and the person wasn’t even charged with a crime due to lack of evidence until 6 weeks later, and it’s the biggest story of the past few weeks.

I saw that link with all the “celebrity” tweets going on after the verdict was read. I immediately laughed after reading them. Do people actually care what Meek Mill or crappy actors think? I saw a tweet from Roddy White saying the 6 jurors should go home and kill themselves. Really Rod? I’m sure that if it was a white on white or black on black crime (which happen EVERYDAY) you wouldn’t have said that.

Clearly this case was too difficult for the prosecution to prove BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT that Zimmerman did not act in self-defense by shooting him, hence the not-guilty verdict. Kids die everyday from other kids i.e. Chicago, yet why do people care so much about this one murder? Should these other kids that are killed everyday die? Chicago’s a war-zone, I don’t get why media or people aren’t talking about that.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

This is truly infuriating. The celebrity worship in this country is out of hand. You could get a music star, movie star or sports start to tell people to eat their own shit, and the number of people you’d see with brown teeth would be astonishing.

But… It won’t matter what you or I say about it. The low information thinking people will look to these people as saviors and leaders…
[/quote]
very sad but very true.

Regardless of how the trial turned out. Trayvon martin didn’t deserve to die I just hope his family finds some peace I would hate to have to bury my son at such a young age.

Why do people idolize movie and media celebs ? Simple, they are “deemed” to be successful in both career and (maybe) social aspects of life.

How many people here think the average mouth breather could name the CEO of Yahoo, IBM, Ford, or any other successful company you can think of ? How many people walking the street could name someone who turned a dream into a profitable successful business by their own imagination, hard work, and determination ?

Why not ? Because those people are not seen living an aspect of life young people also yearn for…social celebrity-ism.

What I mean is, celebs make bank AND get into the coolest parties and date the hottest people, all while most have mediocre talent at best. That is the quality that people here see as the most desired and potentially tangible…the ability to clock bank while being seen with a desirable person on their arm. However you attain that, is irrelevant.

This is a town and an industry where who you know is more telling than what you know. Probably about 10 years ago, I met the guy who was training Brittany Spears (the pre-crazy version of her). The guy was purely about hot-abz, broscience, and douchey behavior but could not tell you one physiological reason why he was doing what he was doing. He had the look, dressed the part, but could not open his mouth without sounding like someone was dying.

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
the majority of North America IS UNEDUCATED[/quote]

Did you really mean to call out an entire continent?

idk why everyone wants to keep complaining about the trail…There never even should hav been a trial, yet the “public” demanded one, so it was given to them. But then when the lack of evidence showed thru and the indictment fell through, now everyone wants to piss and moan because they didn’t get the result they want, I’m sorry, but thats freaking rediculous…
And btw, I think shootings like the one in the link above should make more headlines than this…just saying…this seems alot more of a brutal act

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
Regardless of how the trial turned out. Trayvon martin didn’t deserve to die I just hope his family finds some peace I would hate to have to bury my son at such a young age.[/quote]

All these kids who are dying throughout the United States didn’t deserve to die either. I don’t see the media making big deals out of these stories or the President mentioning these murders are tragic. A girl the other day was killed for her TIP money she makes at Joe’s Crab Shack by three men. These men happened to be black and she was white… Why wasn’t this a main story on the news?

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:

Let me make this clear for you: the majority of North America IS UNEDUCATED and a lot of them look towards pop and movie starts for opinions and thoughts. Both the population and the pop stars are being completely retarded because they are both uneducated.

The reason they are “stars” is because the population as a whole values them and takes their word to be gospel. On top of it, how many people do you know take Dr. Phil, Oprah and co’s words as fact?
[/quote]

don’t forget the kardashians and honey boo boo…