Travelling to USA

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
If you smoke pot, and you’re in california, I suggest you do. If you’re in San Fransisco, you could go up to just about anyone and ask for some.

But seriously… if you’re going to go to Hawaii, I’d suggest Kauai. Some parts of that island are like a different planet. Absolutely beautiful.[/quote]

Torn between Mauai and Kauaii. Given that I’ll be in the more commercial areas of california, I might as well go for somewhere remote. Fishdog mentioned Kuauii as less built up, and that is a real pull. Hmmm, lots to think about.

Any food recommendations? I love food more than my own mother, so if you have any steakhouses you know of, or any super-massive burgers, I’ll take it.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Are you coming to pick up dash board Jesus?[/quote]

Holy fuck this is funny.[/quote]

Thanks, I was wondering if people would pick up on that. [/quote]

Man, it went right over my head. I know it’ll kill all the fun, but if you explained it, then my the itch in my brain would go away. Pretty please.

You could just as easily get weed in Santa Cruz if you are there. They have weed festivals on the college campus. Lots of great food there too.
Santa Cruz in general have nice beaches and is nice place to be.
Highway 1 is an amazing drive by itself and (I believe) passes by Hearst Castle.
Big Sur is very nice, alot of short trails and lots of nice dayhikes with waterfalls, hot springs, to the beach, etc.
Yosemite’s halfdome, and John Muir trail is heavenly.
Carmel and Halfmoon Bay have very nice beaches and scenery, very windy though. Home of the Maverick surf competition on those monster waves. Also alot of rich, extravagant, eccentric, beach homes.

I’d say for food, definetly make a pass by Pier 39 (Fishermans Warf).
SF has a wide variety of every kind of food from legendary local eateries to highly acclaimed high end restaraunts. It really depends on your taste.

rrj and back211, thanks for the input.

will try to get santa cruz in there too. don’t mind driving; it is half the fun.