Traveling: Finding/Bringing Protein

Hi,

I will travel to Mexico(Huatulco) in about 3 weeks and I am looking for some tips to get protein powder. I want to be sure to get enough protein and keep my gains. I will stay there for 2 weeks.

What are you guys doing when travelling by plane? With the new regulation in the Airport, is it possible to bring sealed jar of protein powder? I just don’t know if I will be able to find protein powder in this region.

Any insight would be really appreciated…

Grim

I don’t see why you couldn’t take it with you.

I regularly travel with a bottle of Metabolic Drive and a bottle of Surge.

The thing is airport inspection became very restrictive in the past years. For i.e water bottle are prohibited and so many other things.

So I thought a Jar of protein powder could cause some confusion thinking it could be cocaine, anthrax, or any other shit you know…

But I guess a sealed jar wouldn’t cause to much problem?

Also, Do you bring snacks in the airplane? Because I guess the food they offer might be very shitty?

[quote]grimskunk wrote:
The thing is airport inspection became very restrictive in the past years. For i.e water bottle are prohibited and so many other things.

So I thought a Jar of protein powder could cause some confusion thinking it could be cocaine, anthrax, or any other shit you know…

But I guess a sealed jar wouldn’t cause to much problem?

Also, Do you bring snacks in the airplane? Because I guess the food they offer might be very shitty?[/quote]

Certain quantities of creams, lotions, liquids, and gels are prohibited. Powders are none of the above. So far, they do not care about powders. Airport security is not looking for cocaine; they are looking for things that could be used as a weapon. If it’s not on the list of prohibited items, which are mainly liquids and metal, they do not care about it at all.

I put my protein and supplements powders in labeled ziploc bags and have had no problems. You can put almost anything in your checked luggage, including gunpowder, and that’s the easiest way to go. But I’ve had bags of powder in my carryon with no problems as well.

I bring a boatload of food in my carryon because otherwise I would starve to death on the flight. I had a yogurt confiscated one time (too much like a cream or liquid, I guess), but other times I have gotten them through.

Bring an empty bottle and fill it after you go through security, or you can buy bottled water after you go through security.