T Nation

Travel Size Packets of Metabolic Drive?

I was just wondering if you guys have thought of supplying Metabolic Drive in travel size packets. I know a lot of people wonder what the rules are on carrying protein on planes.

Even though the price would probably go up due to packaging I�??m sure people would be buy them due to the size convenience and also less worriment of wondering if they will get stopped by security with un-labeled or opened powder. Do you guys plan on packaging single serving size packets packaged in a box or something that would equal a tub of drive?

Thanks…

rob

We used to sell our protein powders in single-serving packets, but we went away from this do to the overwhelming demand for the greater flexibility of ‘bulk’ packaging.

I’ve never heard of anyone having protein powders confiscated by airport security, although I’m sure it’s possible. We have staff that travel regularly and none have ever experienced any issues with this.

Ziplocks…

I took a tub to Phoenix recently. The top was on tight, but they must have crammed suitcases together because the top came off in my GFs luggage :frowning:

I made sure when we left is was SUPER tight and it held ok.

thanks for the responses. I was just wondering because i would hate to be held up at sescurity due to ziplock bags and then they have to question it depeneding on what person you get. Also the tub would be too bulky to put in a carry on. Thanks though.

You could use one or more large supplement bottles, such as a used BETA-7 bottle, Power Drive canister, or Superfood canister, for traveling on short trips.

I would suppose that there’s some Tupperware at the supermarket that would be suitable as well. Or even a Mason jar.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
You could use one or more large supplement bottles, such as a used BETA-7 bottle, Power Drive canister, or Superfood canister, for traveling on short trips.

I would suppose that there’s some Tupperware at the supermarket that would be suitable as well. Or even a Mason jar.[/quote]

I keep empty creatine, Superfood, and Power Drive canisters for exactly this reason.

It’s very convenient when going away for just a few days. Just scoop a few days worth into an empty canister and pack a shaker bottle and you’re good to go.

I am surprised that putting it in a ziplock would not be confiscated. It is powder after all, and I would suspect it to be thought of as Lord knows what.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I am surprised that putting it in a ziplock would not be confiscated. It is powder after all, and I would suspect it to be thought of as Lord knows what. [/quote]

if it’s in your luggage no biggie.

carry-on might be a little different :shrug:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
I am surprised that putting it in a ziplock would not be confiscated. It is powder after all, and I would suspect it to be thought of as Lord knows what.

if it’s in your luggage no biggie.

carry-on might be a little different :shrug:[/quote]

Agreed, if its that easy to bring in zip lock bags of white powder…I’m in the wrong business. I’m sure you would get it through eventually but I have to assume you would have to go through grief each and every time.

The airports painful enough these days, when i get where I’m going i go to target/ CVS and get some RTD muscle milks or a really small cheap tub of whey, not ideal, but better than fighting airport security if every time IMO.

Cheers

All they gotta do is open up the ziplock baggy and smell the deliciousness then they’ll know wtf is up. That’s delicious Metabolic Drive, yo!

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:
You could use one or more large supplement bottles, such as a used BETA-7 bottle, Power Drive canister, or Superfood canister, for traveling on short trips.

I would suppose that there’s some Tupperware at the supermarket that would be suitable as well. Or even a Mason jar.

I keep empty creatine, Superfood, and Power Drive canisters for exactly this reason.

It’s very convenient when going away for just a few days. Just scoop a few days worth into an empty canister and pack a shaker bottle and you’re good to go.[/quote]

Those smaller Surge containers are basically perfect travel tools.

I’d buy some travel size pouches if they were available but as others have said, there are other solutions.


Never had a problem with baggies, but previous posters were right: can’t beat smaller Biotest containers. I use Superfood or creatine bottles depending on length of trip.

Sometimes I mix Superfood and creatine into the Metabolic Drive to save space.

I’ve never had issues with domestic checked luggage. But when traveling internationally or with powder in carry-on I always take a brand that comes in foil packets–Latin American nations tend to hand-search luggage randomly, and any customs agents get really pissy about food, so it’s best that it be labeled as some kind of supplement. I try to get the protein that comes printed in English, French, and Spanish. Too bad it tastes like shit.

i am a big fan of the OPs idea, playing around with baggies is not something I enjoy. I am always willing to pay for this sort of convenience. This is one reason I like some of the products in the Animal line.