Traps Getting Too Big

Hi guys,

My upper traps seem abnormally bigger than other parts of my body. Everytime I do any type of shoulder or chest exercise though, it is getting bigger.

Is there anyway I can limit my upper traps from getting too big?

My neck is disappearing!!

Traps can’t be too big, no neck looks badass!

But seriously, what kind of form are you using on chest exercises where it would work your traps?

Switch to Jazzercise.

[quote]monkeypee wrote:
Hi guys,

My upper traps seem abnormally bigger than other parts of my body. Everytime I do any type of shoulder or chest exercise though, it is getting bigger.

My neck is disappearing!![/quote]

Pics please.

[quote]monkeypee wrote:
Hi guys,

I suggest telling me how you did it.

[quote]monkeypee wrote:
Hi guys,

hey everybody,

my muscles are way to huge. it’s like whenever i think about lifting they just get bigger.is there anyway i can not grow soo fast, it’s really making it hard to keep clothes. oh, and i seem to have too much money as well, what do you guys do with all the extra money you have? i just dig a big hole in the yard and bury it, i like to dig. then my muscles just get bigger by the time i finish digging… get over yourself please!!!

thanks.

A guy saying his traps are getting too big is like a woman saying her tits are getting too big. Sure it’s possible but not likely to happen naturally.

From holding a shoe while posing, of course!

The more I do RDLs, the bigger my pecs get. I just don’t seem to understand why. :wink:

Christopher

Do you have bad posture that makes your upper traps appear more pronounced? I.e. shoulders rolled forward, sunken chest, etc?

[quote]purdiver wrote:
A guy saying his traps are getting too big is like a woman saying her tits are getting too big. Sure it’s possible but not likely to happen naturally.[/quote]

I know what you’re trying to say but that’s not a good analogy. My wife has natural DD and says they’re way too big, I don’t know what she’s talking about, I think she’s crazy :slight_smile:

[quote]monkeypee wrote:
Hi guys,

gosh, I know what you mean…I have a similar problem…

every time I do squats or deadlifts my ass gets bigger… my wife says pretty soon my ass is going to be so big that it’ll alter the earth’s orbit around the sun…

holy fuck! then we’ll all die for sure…

the end of times is nigh…

You may have a form of sculiosis which causes your trapezius to overcomensate. Go to a chiropractor.

I have this same problem with my wang.

[quote]DPH wrote:
monkeypee wrote:
Hi guys,

My neck is disappearing!!

gosh, I know what you mean…I have a similar problem…

every time I do squats or deadlifts my ass gets bigger… my wife says pretty soon my ass is going to be so big that it’ll alter the earth’s orbit around the sun…

holy fuck! then we’ll all die for sure…

the end of times is nigh…[/quote]

Hahahaha, Big ass.

DB

Well I think the posture comment was probably right on the money.

If your shoudlers are too internally rotated the upper traps are probably picking up too much of the work. And sure big traps are nice, but not if they make everything else look small. And I’ve heard that specifically overactive upper traps can really limit lower lat development.

I’d recommend taking a look at the “Neanderthal No More” series on this site. Use the steps outlined to evaluate your posture. They’ve got some good exercises to get the external rotators and scapular depressors firing.

I’ve got a gait problem that has caused my calves to get fairly large in relation to the rest of my body and trust me I get way more heckling than this thread everytime I complain about it.