Traps and Deadlift!?

When I do low reps deadlift with near-1RM weight, I “feel” my traps the day after. Haw much are the traps involved in the deadlift? Is it a form problem? As I’ve never done isolated work on my traps, could they be too weak?

Traps help keep your shoulders tight when that heavy ass weight is in your hands.

they are held contracted during the whole lift. Your traps will almost never be the weak point in the deadlift. If you want a big deadlift erectors and legs are far more important

And I cannot eventually injure my traps if they aren’t strong enough?

[quote]Punkned wrote:
And I cannot eventually injure my traps if they aren’t strong enough? [/quote]

In the short term, probably the worst that will happened is you pull the muscle. In the long term, pulling 600+ pounds you may have to worry about it. I never did trap work until I DLed 400+ and I have and always have had a big ass yoke compared to the rest of me. The traps are also hit in rows, and overhead work.

You’ll be fine

The whole point of the big compound lifts is that they hit a lot of muscles and it makes your body’s muscle’s work together. If your traps are the weak link, they will get stronger. Once they are strong enough, something else will be the limiting muscle group.

I’ve been deadlifting for a year and always felt it in my lower back. A few days ago I did some rep work at lighter weight and got into a zone with decent form. I’m still feeling it in my hams today.

Do some cleans and you’ll burn your traps real good.

i <3 begginer section

Ok I do overhead work (and almost uniquely compound mouvements) so I guess my traps will grown stronger.

I’ll planed to add cleans in my next program, so that’ll help too.

Thanks alot for the reponses guys!

I don’t get it…

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Traps help keep your shoulders tight when that heavy ass weight is in your hands.[/quote]

I love that response.

[quote]Punkned wrote:

i <3 begginer section
I don’t get it…
[/quote]

i know thats why i <3 it.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Punkned wrote:

i <3 begginer section
I don’t get it…

i know thats why i <3 it.[/quote]

You look pretty buff in that new avatar pic of yours.

thanks, i grew a mustache too.