Trapped In Your Nightmares?

About once a week (more often when I take ZMA) I have dreams that could be described as ‘unpleasant’. Naturally, when I have a bad dream, I like to get out of it as soon as possible. If at some point I am lucky enough to become aware that I am dreaming, I then make an effort to wake up, but cannot move.

I’m assuming this has something to do with the paralysis that occurs during REM sleep. As such, I am left struggling to move in order to wake myself up. I’ve made fairly epic efforts for what seems like hours before I finally wake up. I imagine this is what it must feel like to be bound and tortured.

This particular morning I was held down by a rather attractive girl, who then proceeded to attempt removing my soul via my mouth. Bitch didn’t get it.

Am I the only one fighting the good fight?

I’ve had “odd” dreams but I wouldn’t describe them as nightmares. One that recurs …

1. Standing in a warehouse with another me opposite, glaring at each then shoot the other me in the head and then the dream skips back to the start and over and over i try to kill this other me. Then my dopple-ganger walks towards me and says “While you hate and fear what i represent, you forget there is not YOU and ME there is only YOU”

But man I wish i could learn your talent for waking up in the middle of them.

Try getting so tired you don’t have the energy to dream, that has helped me at times.

Best of luck

The worst is when you feel like you’re falling off the bed, and you catch yourself… and you’re dead center on your perfectly level bed.

Actually, my bed isn’t level anymore. It’s actually at a fairly decent angle, but it leans me into the wall, not onto the floor, so I got that goin’ for me.

[quote]Edward wrote:
I’ve had “odd” dreams but I wouldn’t describe them as nightmares. One that recurs …

1. Standing in a warehouse with another me opposite, glaring at each then shoot the other me in the head and then the dream skips back to the start and over and over i try to kill this other me. Then my dopple-ganger walks towards me and says “While you hate and fear what i represent, you forget there is not YOU and ME there is only YOU”

[/quote]

It’s not easy. I can’t move at all, I’m terrified, and I’m struggling with every fiber of my being.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
The worst is when you feel like you’re falling off the bed, and you catch yourself… and you’re dead center on your perfectly level bed.

Actually, my bed isn’t level anymore. It’s actually at a fairly decent angle, but it leans me into the wall, not onto the floor, so I got that goin’ for me.[/quote]

I get that as well.

[quote]Edward wrote:

Try getting so tired you don’t have the energy to dream, that has helped me at times.

Best of luck[/quote]

Wow, thats an odd one. I find dreams very interesting.

I used to have a very frequently occuring dream where everytime I walked by the stair case in my house, I would fall down it. I would just get sucked into it and couldnt stop myself. A Dr came to the house and told me that if I fall down one more time I will die. I am extra careful as I walk by, but one time I just can’t control it and fall down the stairs again, only this time getting electricuited, as if the stairs are electric. I watch myself from out-of-body. Kind of weird.

Though terrifying, it’s normal, V.

Hey, at least it’s a young girl holding you down! Historically, most people who’ve suffered sleep paralysis experienced what’s called “Old Hag” syndrome (Google that term). There’s a lot of info out there.

My 17 year old son is a voracious reader on the subject, and fearless experimenter in that realm. He keeps a dream/sleep journal. Perhaps his stellar academic and creative abilities stem from this in some way.

That was no dream, my friend. I’ve been sending my girlfriend out to rip souls from mouths since March. The price for a human soul is going up and I just can’t afford them. So stealing them is the only way I can survive this economy.

You’ve been a tough one but eventually you will lose. Everyone does.

Last night I dreamed I was batman on a motorcycle going into various head on collisions with a bear. I finally won the last collision and then I was riding the bear out of the mental hospital I was at that night because it was ‘haunted’

Magnesium gives me the most vivid and memorable dreams. I could wake up with my alarm from a dream, and go to sleep for another 5-10 minutes and have a whole new dream. Interestingly though, I can’t remember the last time I’ve had a bad dream. When I was younger I was scared as hell watching scary movies because I thought I’d get nightmares, but I never did.

This may not help, but I just wanted to share my cool dream from last night with somebody.

if i am dreaming and ‘realize’ it, i make myself shut my mouth and pinch my nose. b/c i’m dreaming, i still continue to breath. i wake up within a few moments of doing that in my dream

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
if i am dreaming and ‘realize’ it, i make myself shut my mouth and pinch my nose. b/c i’m dreaming, i still continue to breath. i wake up within a few moments of doing that in my dream[/quote]

Your avatar is a fucking nightmare.

But I love it!

mac what the fuck, that avatar is creepy as fuck

I hate sleep paralyses so such…

Do you guys every get those dreams, where you’re actually dreamin’ inside your dream, so you have this double dream?

BOO!

I have dreams a lot where I’m trying to fight/kill someone, but none of my punches/stabs to the face are effective. Anyone else get that?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Though terrifying, it’s normal, V.

Hey, at least it’s a young girl holding you down! Historically, most people who’ve suffered sleep paralysis experienced what’s called “Old Hag” syndrome (Google that term). There’s a lot of info out there.

My 17 year old son is a voracious reader on the subject, and fearless experimenter in that realm. He keeps a dream/sleep journal. Perhaps his stellar academic and creative abilities stem from this in some way. [/quote]

I read a bit about it and am now convinced a succubus was trying to steal my semen.

I’ve had the ‘old hag’ dreams as well. One particularly foul night I found myself sodomizing an old woman with shit for lube. True story.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I have dreams a lot where I’m trying to fight/kill someone, but none of my punches/stabs to the face are effective. Anyone else get that?[/quote]

Sometimes, yes. Other times I’m running or trying to move, but I’m really stiff or sluggish.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I have dreams a lot where I’m trying to fight/kill someone, but none of my punches/stabs to the face are effective. Anyone else get that?[/quote]

I get this occasionally. But with every slow-motion punch, I actually connect. It doesn’t feel like I did any damage, but my opponent usually falls down in slow-motion.
These kinds of dreams are not quite satisfying.

lanky
dwarf
vicomte

physical impotence can be a sign of your body’s helplessness…from over training or very hard training. Theoretically, it says you have been pushing to the point of exhaustion and have nothing left to give. Good job!

Dr. Rockula

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
lanky
dwarf
vicomte

physical impotence can be a sign of your body’s helplessness…from over training or very hard training. Theoretically, it says you have been pushing to the point of exhaustion and have nothing left to give. Good job!

Dr. Rockula[/quote]

…OR someone entering my room at night and removing most of my blood.

:wink: